We normally stay in Hamilton when in this area, but they were full, but took up vacancies in East Kilbride instead.
The Hotel was not in an obvious location and we had to resort to SatNav to find it (Its under a flyover 2 miles outside the town). Driving though the town centre was never likely to reveal its location!
After noticing the health club and pool were open for residents we nipped out for swimming gear for the family! We were glad we did, as it was a good and unexpected bonus.
The only downside were the rooms. We booked a generic room and were placed in a smoking room without being asked. They stank and made breathing difficult - as it was only one night we just stayed and left. As a courtesy, they should have checked with us before allocating rooms. I know I could have specified non-smoking, but just did not expect such a malodorous atmosphere in this day and age.
The breakfast was OK; we just had the buffet, but kippers and porridge are available to order - pity I did not read the menu card before eating the buffet.
There were just enough options to satisfy a gluten free diner, but more could have been available. (e.g. more cheese, more fruit etc).
Staff were all friendly and pleasant.
Would stay again if the option arose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride, with its air conditioned guestrooms, is centrally located in the bustling town of East Kilbride just 7 miles from Glasgow city centre. The motorway network is easily accessible too, as are Glasgow International & Prestwick Airports. East Kilbride has lots to do; visit East Kilbride Shopping Centre, one of Scotland s largest, stroll the cobbled streets of the old village or there s Calderglen Country Park. There s also golf, ten pin bowling, a cinema and ice rink. M&D s Theme Park and Hampden Park, Scotland s National Stadium are close by too. Why not head to Glasgow for Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Glasgow Science Centre or some of the best shopping outside London. If you re in Glasgow or East Kilbride on business, our air conditioned meeting rooms for up to 400 delegates plus high speed Internet access throughout the hotel create the perfect working space. Complimentary for guests, our impressive Health Central Leisure Club, with its indoor pool, is perfect for unwinding. Our restaurant brings casual, relaxed dining to East Kilbrides restaurant scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn East Kilbride reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Hotel East Kilbride
- East Kilbride Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn East Kilbride Scotland