“Great food, great staff and great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Village Palace
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Description: Village Palace is a family run Restaurant which prides itself on exquisit homestyle Indian cuisine. From the finest curries in the town to the mouth watering Chicken Tikka, and not forgetting the freshly made stone baked pizza`s. Come and see why we`re the talk of the VILLAGE!!
“Great food, great staff and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I should've wrote this review sooner, I ate at this restaurant last week and had a great experience. The staff were very pleasant and attentive and cared about our dining experience. Our table was booked half an hour after their value menu ended but the manager still allowed us to order from it. The value menu is excellent, lots of choice, inexpensive and ALL YOU CAN EAT. Also unlike any other all you can eat menu I've ever ordered from the food is cooked fresh, I've been to a few places before where its been self service from a buffet table with inferior cold food that could've been there all day. Everything is made to order, if you want more you order more at no extra cost.

Another touch I liked was the manager asking what kind of curries we liked and making a recommendation to try an extra curry as part of the all you can eat, everybody tried a bit of it and really liked it (in fact I actually preferred it to the Karahi I'd ordered). The manager gave my brother a drink on the house as well as it was his birthday which was a nice gesture. All in all it was a great night and I'd definately go back.

• Visited June 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Bland food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

As other reviewers have mentioned, this odd little restaraunt is sited in the partially industrial section of East Kilbride village. The front windows of the restaurant overlook the Village Theatre carpark and some industrial units. Just as well they keep the blinds shut. Anyway, I digress. The only reason i found out about this place was that my partner and her friends had been in for a meal prior to going to the Village Theatre. As my wife knows I adore good Indian food, she recomended that i buy some carry out food the folllowing evening. On visiting this place, i got talking to one of the front of house staff ( possibly the owner or manager) and talked about my love of Indian Food. He was very attentive, spoke at length about how everything is "cooked fresh" and even let me sample the "staff curry" of lentil dhal. It has to be said, the dahl was spectacular and the best i have ever tasted. Sadly my carry out food failed to achieve anything in terms of taste. The chicken pakora was greasy, the chicken tikka was underflavoured and my chicken curry ( cant remember what i orderered ) was bland beyond compare. Its a really pity that the owner / manager set the bar really high with the best lentil dhal I have eaten in my entire life only to follow it up with the blandest and most under seasoned and underspiced Indian food i have ever eaten. If the chef paid the same attention to the rest of the menu as he did with the lentil dhal, this place would be a goldmine. Sadly, i wont be back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant in East Kilbride!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I've visited the Village Palace a number of times this year and the food is consistently fantastic. They provide tasty food and excellent service. The staff are always friendly and will always talk to you, even on a busy Friday/Saturday night.

I can't recommend this place enough. Go. Now!!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Cameron4
“Great food, friendly staff and great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were in fact on our way to another restaurant in the village until the taxi driver mentioned- East Kilbrides best kept secret- I you'd never had known about it and glad we went.
We had the set pre theatre menu which is fantastic value at £9.90. This is the only Indian restaurant I know of that has a Chicken Tikka main meal on their pre theatre. It was gorgeous. Great sauce to compliment the spice of the chicken.
Will definitely be back and already recommended it. Great staff, value and food. Just one thing though- brighten up the toilets please!

3 Thank AngieJames2611
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

the food is very fresh, and the service was excellent
would recommend