Macdonald Crutherland House
Torrance Hotel(East Kilbride)
  • Restaurant
Strathaven Hotel(Strathaven)
1,511 results
All reviewsspa breaklovely groundsspa areasauna and steam roomspa staffon arrivalleisure facilitiescountry parklovely hotelrelaxing stayan overnight staybed and breakfastevening mealwedding receptionexecutive roomrestaurant stafffollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Room fantastic staff friendly you then think why the problem? It all went downhill when we went down for dinner being suitable attired in preparation for the fine dining experience, we thought we would go to the cocktail bar for pre diner drinks only to open the door on what could only be best described as a raucous sports bar!!! So having forgone that we headed to the dining room very quiet for a fri night until the screaming kids from the function room charging up and down the corridor at full volume. Then we ordered bottle of champagne to start and a bottle of red to go with our mains we got the red first as the champagne was deemed not chilled only when we did get it, mm still not chilled call me a snob but warm champers not good :( Going on to the food starred rather good mains food was nice but lukewarm again a hot meal is always I find best served HOT! Also the olive dish was left on the table thought the courses as was the empty wine and water bottle. I think the main problem is very young pleasant staff but who lack the direction and attention to detail a more senior member of staff would give. On our departure we voiced our complaint to be met with a very indifferent attitude, so top and bottom my husband who's an elite member along with his firm of work shan't be using your hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Chickengeorgie
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Chickengeorgie

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

It is always our intention to ensure that our customers have the highest standard of service, and I do apologise if this was not the case on this occasion.

I would like to assure you that we take all of our guest comments seriously and I would be grateful if you would contact me at the hotel directly so that I can discuss your comments further.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on 26th and 27th August on a b&b basis to attend a family celebration in Strathaven. We checked in late but the receptionist was most helpful switching us from a twin to a double. The room (114) was large, modern, quiet and spotless. Breakfast both mornings was first class, cooked to order, plentyful and top quality ingredients. Choice from the buffet was excellent and our waitress pleasant and efficient. Waiting time was negligible.

The grounds were spacious and plenty of free parking. I have no negative comments whatsoever about this hotel or our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Oxscot

Thank you for taking the the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel. I was delighted to read your very positive comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff to be helpful.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from overnight spa break including Dinner bed and breakfast and couldn't believe the exceptional good value for money. This hotel is very clean and our bedroom was extremely comfortable. The spa treatment was, by far, one of the best I have had, Dinner was fine dining quality, and the staff were very friendly. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carole T

Dear Carole T

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and your spa treatment. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team here.

I am pleased that you found the room comfortable and the staff friendly and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

lovely hotel in nice grounds. rooms very nice and clean. staff friendly and welcoming .had my son and his wife to join us for dinner service and food .very good. best nights sleep we have had. nice and quite. would stay there again.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear. are nice and quite
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank william h

Dear william h

Many thanks for the positive comments that you have given the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

A luxurious overnight stay. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere which is lovely if you want peace & quiet with a country feel. The hotel could be a set for a TV series needing an old world feel just simply lovely

On arrival my room was upgraded to an executive suite - luxury, the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel

Dependent on your budget the hotel restaurant could be expensive - a main course is around £15 - £20 but the food is lovely

Breakfast is continental or an English with plenty of choice on both. I plumped for porridge which arrived with a presentation of honey, nuts & fruit with the service being impeccable

Highly recommend and I am going back again next month!!

Room Tip: If you can afford it then book an executive suite. I stayed in 317 which is actually a ground floor room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 1969tina71

Many thanks for your positive comments following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our chef and his team are dedicated to producing the finest dishes sourced from the best ingredients and I am sure he will be delighted that you enjoyed the food.

I look forward to welcoming you back next month and thank you once again for your reccommendation.