Macdonald Crutherland House
Torrance Hotel(East Kilbride)
  • Restaurant
Strathaven Hotel(Strathaven)
1,511 results
All reviewsspa breaklovely groundsspa areasauna and steam roomspa staffon arrivalleisure facilitiescountry parklovely hotelrelaxing stayan overnight staybed and breakfastevening mealwedding receptionexecutive roomrestaurant stafffollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Decided to treat my girlfriend to a spa break for her birthday, she knew nothing about it, i was recommened to take her here by a friend, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left all staff could not have helped more, we both enjoyed a spa treatment each while there, swimming pool, steam room and sauna are all great for being in a hotel. We had food in the restaurant and could not fault any of it, service and food were amazing.

We enjoyed our stay so much we booked our anniversary here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Colin S

Many thanks for your very positive comments following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel.

We have a passionate approach to hospitality and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found the staff to be helpful.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed our food and have passed on your kind comments to the team who are delighted to have been of service to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for one night, and where immediately impressed with the staff. It was a very hot day, so we called reception and asked for a fan, which they where happy to bring to our room.
The room was fine, had everything we needed, and the bed was comfortable.

The drinks at the bar are very expensive.

Overall, we where happy with our stay, and again highlight the superb service from the hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan M

Many thanks for the very positive comments that you have given following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have a passionate approach to hospitality and I am delighted to read your comments regarding the service you received from our staff. I have passed on your kind words to the team and we are happy to have been of service to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Macdonald Crutherland House provided us with an excellent stay in East Kilbride and the 4 poster bedroom was great. A warm welcome was received at the hotel by the staff on duty and my room was available early as requested having flown in from Dubai. A young couple who were considering marrying at this hotel wanted to see my room just as I was about to check in so being the gentleman I am I said please go have a look. The most attentive receptionist was rhianna who I believe is now off to work for the Glasgow Thistle.

The cocktail bar service was good and the organising of taxis etc was no trouble at all.

It was 20 pound in a taxi to Hamilton race course and 8 pound in a taxi into east Kilbride for dinner.

It has a lovely garden for walking in and would suit those wanting a quiet break away.

The leisure club was spotless and so was the swimming pool.

I could not find fault with the service at the hotel.

Food and drink slightly over priced but not by much.

Room Tip: ask for an upgraded room to 4 poster or a suite expect to pay 30 quid extra
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen N, General Manager at Macdonald Crutherland House, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear daniel M

Many thanks for the very positive comments that you have posted following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have a passionate approach to hospitality and and I have passed on your kind words to the team who are happy to have been of service to you.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here on two separate occasions in a short space of time. Where do I start? You walk into a great big building which you think has got potential but the rooms are very dated. The decor is like it's been there since the 70's, I'm talking bedding and curtains. The showers are all old and not very good at all. I tried to go to the restaurant for dinner on the one night, I was shown my seat but was made to wait even before getting a menu or having a waiter/waitress speak to me when they were faffing about but not achieving much. When I finally got the menu, I had lost patience or interest so I went else where for dinner. Very similar with breakfast, the portion sizes were none existent for the cooked breakfast and everything was such a fuss and seemed really pretentious. Not very good for a business travelling who just wants to have breakfast in the morning with not much time to waste.
The only good thing was the leisure center .. and for that reason alone I may consider staying again but then maybe not

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank adaajoku

Dear adaajoku

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel. Delivering the highest standards of service for all our guests is at the heart of our core values and I am sorry if this was not the case on this occasion.

We have a full new management team here at the hotel including our Restaurant Manager who will take on board your very constructive comments. In terms of our rooms we do contimually upgrade our rooms and had over 25% of our bedroom stock re-furbished late last year.

On a more positive note I am pleased that you enjoyed our wonderful leisure centre. Should you return to the hotel please contact me directly so that I can make your arrangments personally to ensure a memorable stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I treated my friend to a 2 night Spa break here and we had a fabulous time. Laura, the Operations Manager, checked us in and was very helpful and knowledgeable about the hotel and the area in general. One of the few 'chain' hotels where it felt like the staff actually wanted you to stay there!!!

The food choice for the spa break did not extend to the whole menu and some of the main meals had no potatoes or chips and these were extra. We were also a little taken aback that a bottle of water was £5 however the food was good. There was a wide choice of foods for breakfast and the staff in the dining room were very attentive.

The Spa itself was very well run and there were a number of large parties in at the same time as us but everything ran to time. The treatments were very relaxing and were easily adapted to suit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TegzShadz

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to the Macdonald Crutherland House Hotel, I was delighted to read your very positive comments.

We have a passionate approach to hospitality and I have passed on your kind words to the team and in particular Laura and we are delighted to have been of service to you.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your spa treatments, our food, and found our staff to be attentive.

Thank you once again and I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.