“food is horrible here”

Asha's
Ranked #41 of 110 Restaurants in East Kilbride
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you are looking for a pre-theatre meal, a romantic evening out, a family celebration or a delicious takeaway meal in the comfort of your own home, Asha’s, based to the rear of the Montgomerie Arms, is sure to hit the spot. Asha’s can also be booked for private functions throughout the year, catering for up to 45 people, and with the festive season edging ever closer, now is the time to book your Christmas or New Year meal.Whether celebrating with friends, family or colleagues, Asha’s promises to make it a special night to remember, and will be open throughout the Christmas and New Year celebrations.So what are you waiting for? Pick up the phone and book a table or order a delicious takeaway delivered direct to your door.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

and the guy that owns it is very ignorant and rude the food is dry and seems very unfresh indeed would not come back

2  Thank m r

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband & I have been regular visitors to Ashas for a few years now. Originally popping in for a lunch. We used to order mainly the chicken dishes, my husband being more adventurous would try various dishes with hotter sauces. For almost a year now we cannot fault the superb fish platter. We usually phone & book a table to make sure Ami has fish on the menu. Depending on the supply of fish he has available, our platter has included a variation of - monkfish, seabass,scallops,king prawns, lemon soul, salmon. As you can imagine this selection is not always available on any night so remember to check with the Restaurant that fish is on offer. You will not be disappointed with the fish platter and the excellent value for money. In any other restaurant ordering this amount of fish in one dish would be very costly. Enjoy ! as we always do. Thanks to Ami & Frank & staff on a Saturday night. Very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Popped in for a meal on Saturday and really enjoyed the food, was recommended the grilled prawns as a change from tandoori prawns and they were very tasty, not as spicey but huge with a nice smokey flavor. My partner really enjoyed the lamb chop starter and the naan bread is very light and boiled rice fluffy and delicious.

I would recommend this wee gem for a no frills delicious Indian meal, the house white is pretty good too!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I visited this restaurant following some reviews from trip advisor. Overall the reviews gave a good opinion, but that was not what I found.
I love Indian food and have eaten at many restaurants both in the UK and abroad. I don't expect "the best" everytime I go and I like to give new restaurants a chance. On arrival we we're seated quickly and offered drinks. We were left with the menu, which was unusual and didn't have the majority of the "regular" dishes you would expect to find. No problem as I like to experiment. We we're given poppadoms with chutneys, but this did not consist of onions, mango chutney, raitha and lime pickle - there was a watery chilli type thing, a smooth paste and onions in some sort of sauce. None of which was anything special.
Once table was cleared we ordered. I had the Garam Massala, but asked for them to make this hotter - my colleague ordered a Rogan Josh (relatively traditional for curry houses). We we're pushed into making these dishes "tikka" as this costs more and also pushed to share naan bread and rice, despite my colleague saying he doesn't eat rice and would prefer a vegetable side.
When these arrived, the chicken pieces were fine, if not a little small with massive chunks of onion. The rogan Josh had sping onion and chunks of fresh tomato on top. Both were absolutely swimming in grease, the naan bread was greasy, The rice was fine, as was the vegetable side dish.
I ate what I could, but found the meal to be lacking in flavour, texture and heat. It was a greasy tasteless mess. My colleagues meal was also extremely greasy, and was overly floral (possibly too much coriander???) neither of us could finish our meals as we began to feel ill.
We paid - in which they left us half way through even though the venue was empty! I detached my part of the receipt from the machine and finished the transaction myself and walked out without leaving a tip.
If you have never eaten Indian before then this may put you off - if you know your indian then you will want to avoid. No madras on the menu??? When I had checked their menu online it appeared to offer a lot more than the menu presented to us in the restaurant. In total it cost us £40 and left us feeling quesey for the rest of the night.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Want to relax a bit when out for dinner? In Ashas the friendly staff will happily cater for the kids while us adults get to indulge in what must be described as a the tastiest food in the Village. We try to pick the quieter times to visit but never get rushed and are always sad to go ........ Till next time !
Look forward to seeing what's on the specials menu and always just " go for it" but I'm never disappointed ! Or else you can just pick from lots of seafood dishes or the " award winning curry dishes". And best of all the kids say the nuggets are better than McDonalds !!