Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Manchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I got tripadvisor purely to review this hotel as I had such a great stay, I was here alone visiting family and I recieved such a great welcome from the staff.

Sarah (blonde hair) checked me in and explained everything, she asked why i was visiting and gave me information on buses and trains into glasgow and also into the shopping centre in east kilbride she then asked if my room was ok for me and if i needed anything else and she provided me with extra teas and milk.
Claire was brilliant she was on the evening shift on the saturday and chatted to me for ages and never made me feel that i was in the way or annoying her. She was back on the next morning and straight away said 'Good Morning' and asked how i slept. I then told her that I was going to visit family in East kilbride at 3pm and she even offered to drop me off as she was finishing work and going that way anyway THIS IS EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE never have i met a receptionist so nice! I was however getting picked up but i just can't believe how nice she was. On monday when i was checking out she was again working the morning shift and was just as friendly as ever even at 8am! i waited for my taxi for about 15 minutes in reception and during this time saw her talking to every guest that passed and she even helped an elderly man to carry his luggage to his car.

during my stay all the staff i encountered were so nice and pleasant, housekeeping even said hello every day. The hotel is very close to both glasgow and east kilbride town centre and was a great base for me to visit family in the area. i would reccomend anyone to stay in this hotel! please pass on my thanks to all staff escpecially the 2 young girls claire and sarah and to michelle who was on reception on sunday evening.

Room Tip: rooms on the top floor are a bit quieter and have a nice view (front facing rooms)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank H C
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank-you very much for the fantastic comment regarding your recent visit with us at Nerston toll. I will pass on to Sarah and Claire your appreciation which Im sure they will be over the moon with your feedback. The team work hard to ensure all guests have a wonderful stay when they visit the hotel and Iam glad this has made you feel you had to come back and leave a wonderful review. Myself and the team look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Shropshire
Reviewed September 27, 2013

we stopped here for one night on our trip around Scotland - very easy to find from the M74 - McDonalds, Frankie and Bennys, and other restaurant nearby - lovely helpful happy staff - great standard of cleanliness and room - best of all the tv on the wall was about 40 inches ... loved staying here!
Highly recommended if you are looking for reasonable accommodation on the edge of Glasgow

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janeyShropshire
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding the Premier Inn Nerston toll.

Myself and the team where happy to here that you found the hotel without any problems and you found the room to have great standards of cleanliness with a 40inch TV to keep you entertained during your stay and found the team could be of great help to you during your stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Eastkilbride in the future

Kind regards

Claire Ford
Premier Inn Manager
Calgary
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our 3rd time to this property (it's close for visiting with family)
Being that we don't live in UK we don't generally have access to our cell phone when traveling so the assistance is much appreciated.
We were home for a family funeral and made several requests to the staff for information or directions etc, always very helpful.
My sister had called and left a message prior to our arrival and this was delivered the minute we got there then we were able to use reception phone to return the call immediately.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WarmerTemps
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Eastkilbride Nerston toll. Myself and the team are really happy that you enjoyed the service we provide. We work hard to ensure all guests receive the same great service when they visit us. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Belfast N. Ireland
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel as we were attending a family wedding nearby. We arrived at approx 8pm having been travelling all day to be greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist called Vicky. Unfortunately due to a mix up with our booking our family room was not ready for us.

After speaking with Vicky at reception she assured us that the room would be sorted out whilst we were out to meet family. We came back to find that the room was as it should have been with the kids beds made up, a lovely handwritten apology from Vicky, a bottle of wine and some chocolate for our kids and one nights accommodation refunded back to us.

The breakfasts were plentiful, served by friendly staff who even looked after my 3 years old fussy eating and taking their time to ensure that she got a good breakfast in her - something I find difficult to do!

The apology, refund and little gift we received from Vicky went above and beyond what we have ever experienced in any hotel. She showed fantastic customer service, her professionalism in dealing with us was second to none. Having later found out that Vicky was the only member of staff on that evening plus having a slight disability we were blown away by her dedication to seeing that our visit was the best she could make it and rectify our room. She is a credit to the Premier Inn Group and I would like to think that she is shown some recognition for this.

We will certainly book this hotel again when we visit family in East Kilbride - perfect location, great food, brilliant rooms and dedicated staff. Thanks again Vicky for everything. The Taggart Family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kazz_78
Claire F, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback.

I am very sorry there was a mix up with the bedroom layout when you arrived and I'm glad to hear it was rectified in such a timely manner.

Vicky is a great asset to this hotel and I'm pleased she made your stay that little bit better. I will pass your thanks onto her which I'm sure she will be very happy with.

I will let the restaurant manager know your breakfast was very enjoyable which he will be pleased to hear.

Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The room we had was just like you see on the advert , clean and comfortable. The hotel felt safe and secure and the breakfast is a must for a great start to the day. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very happy to hear you had such a pleasent stay and will pass your thanks onto all the team.

Look forward to seeing you return in the future!

peterhead
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed here again for a third time this year.
Great to see the standards are maintained. Fantastic value with clean relaxing and modern rooms, a quick check in and helpful friendly staff.
We also had a meal at the pub next door, whilst it was standard pub grub, it was good value and with great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the kind review you have left us.

The team work had to ensure we have clean and well maintaned rooms for all guests and to ensure you have the best stay possible.

I will pass your feedback to all the staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

newcastle
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed one night. Spotlessly clean. Comfortable bed. Reception staff extremely helpful especially the blonde girl who was there quite late and again early in the morning. Free parking at
Hairmyres Station and the train less than £6 return to Glasgow. Table Table restaurant next door, good food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Blantyre
Busby Hotel
Busby Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clarkston

Been to Premier Inn Glasgow East Kilbride (Nerston Toll) Hotel? Share your experiences!