Tripadvisor

Review of The Boot

The Boot
Ranked #33 of 149 Restaurants in Bracknell
Cuisines: Pub
Description: The full refurbishment of The Boot in Bracknell is now complete and we have reopened with a whole new look, gorgeous garden area and beach huts, a delicious new food menu, unique premium spirts, cask ales, craft beers and fine wines!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was recommended by two different friends so was looking forward to the evening. Ordered breads with balsamic vinegar and olives. Bread was poor quality. Oil was ordinary vinegar, not balsamic vinegar, when it arrived at the table. When told waitress she was a little rude and advised us it was balsamic vinegar. We took another oil from oils for tables and this was balsamic vinegar so we left it at that.. Most restaurants supply the oil and vinegar pre-mixed but not here. I ordered a pizza as a main , my friends a chicken main. The chicken dishes arrived but mine didn't. The waitress apologised. When the pizza eventually arrived about ten minutes later it was not cooked. The tomatoes had been put on after it had been cooked as they were cold and the rest was only half cooked and the pizza itself was only luke warm.. I complained and was made to feel uncomfortable and told that that was how the pizza should be served. They took it back and re-cooked it but by then my friends had finished their courses, Someone did ask how the pizza was after my complaint. I said it was fine after it had been cooked properly. A very disappointing experience.I would no go back as there are much better places to eat in Bracknell.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (161)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Most staff don’t understand what you are asking for. It took 5 attempts to get a wine and soda. They do not cater for vegetarian roast. The roast potatoes were frozen cooked and awful.
The salmon was very good and the battered courgettes were ok.
I can’t comment on the Italian food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed a delicious dinner last week. I enjoyed a garlic prawn starter, then a linguine dish with tomatoes and prawn. As a side dish I had deep fried zucchini, which was really yummy.

1  Thank Bluebel188
Reviewed January 16, 2020

Been here twice in the last week, great service, food,and ambiance. Food cooked fresh.
Not up market restaurant but a friendly clean local.
Would definitely recommend

1  Thank linda227124
Reviewed January 15, 2020

Went for Friday night dinner and enjoyed it immensely. Easily reached from most places in Bracknell and provides excellent food and great surroundings. Will go back again as the service and food was just right. Great value for money.

1  Thank John D