“Need to learn about service.”
Review of The Cricketers

The Cricketers
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Bracknell
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chobham, England, United Kingdom
“Need to learn about service.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I wrote a review on the facebook page for this pub but it was deleted withing minutes. Shame really as any establishment can learn from both good and bad reviews.

Anyway, we went (6 of us) for a joint birthday celebrating on a Saturday evening and were shown to an unprepared table. Service was very slow and 4 of our 6 starters arrived before the cutlery or napkins. A boiled egg came without a spoon to eat it. Then the main meals were eventually delivered again before we had been given any cutlery. I got up to ask a member of staff who was laying a table (one without clients!!) for some cutlery and was told quite sharply to 'give her a minute' The wine to accompany our meal came after we had finished eating it.

The staff were very pushed and our tearful waitress said she had been working since midday without a break and this was 9:45pm. Clearly they were doing their best, there was simply not enough staff to cope.

The food was wonderful but that's not any good if you are unable to eat it before it starts to get cold and you are left waiting for knives & forks and spoons and glasses and wine and...........

For a bill that was over £200 this was simply not good enough. Will not go again.

1 Thank Loubylou22

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday lunch”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After living abroad for a year now and visiting nearby Binfield we were craving a good Sunday lunch. After hearing various good reports about the cricketers since it being refurbished we decided to give it a visit. The pub has been decorated to a high standard and there are plenty of benches at the front of the pub with good parking. The pub was busy but we had no problem in getting a table. The food was excellent if not a little expensive but was quick and service friendly.

Warfield, berks
“Dreadful Service. Mediocre food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The worst thing about this place is the service! We booked a table for four for 6pm last Saturday night, The lovely girl who waited our table could not have been more apologetic. I really felt embarrased for her.

I've nothing more to say really. The food was not exceptional, and the service was diabolical. We will not be going back, unless I start to see reviews on here which indicate that the service has DRAMATICALLY improved.

1 Thank janejarvis
Binfield, Berks
“Slow service, poor quality food a new menu is no excuse”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have to say writing a poor review gives me little pleasure but if I am willing to praise places then at the same time I have to reflect them when it's not so great. I will start with the positive well done to the girl serving us to a point, she can't be to blame for the really shoddy quality of what was coming out of the kitchen. Also the place looks great compared to how it used to be. But that's about it because from there it goes downhill.

Lets start with the fact that from ordering our starters it took almost an hour to come from the kitchen. Now these were not complicated starters or so it would seem to anyone that liked to cook but we had to go and ask where they had got to the wait was so long. It would be good if someone had kept an eye on what was going with the tables and where things were. I have to think that is down to poor training of the front of house staff. And then when we did ask, we were told the kitchen was having problems because it's a new menu this week. But that's not our issue I did not notice that they had new menu prices being offered? So why should we expect slow service?

Then when the starters did turn up the roasted peaches were not that roasted in fact they were quite cold peaches. The other starters were ok but come on they all need to be good and better yet they need to be on time. We did receive a free bottle of wine at this point, which made up a little.

Then we moved onto the main courses. Now if you are going to offer slow roasted belly of pork you would expect it to be slowly roasted. However both people in the party who had it said it seemed far from slow roasted in fact it seemed quite quickly roasted. It was not at all tender and did not fall apart. I have read in another review on here about this main so it's not that it can be new. Then in my main I was eating the broccoli and spinach and I felt a nice crunch. Upon checking I found a small stone in the vegetables, not the kind of thing you expect. Poor food preparation going on as part of the menu it seems, no wonder they were slow in the kitchen.

I reported this to one of the waiting staff who said he would check with the kitchen but never then came back to us. I would expect more for a place that must pride itself on food quality because it could easily have been a cracked tooth.

So we left feeling sorry for the girl who waited on us. We wanted it to be good we were there for a birthday celebration, but based on our experience I can't really recommend anyone to go there. There are much better options in the area unless the cricketers sorts things out in terms of service and food quality.

1 Thank Bleddyn W
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Great Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I picked this venue to hold my friends baby shower. We had a section of the restaurant to ourselves and so many sandwiches, scones and cakes that we couldnt finish them all. Great value for money and enjoyed by all.
I have also been here for lunch which was lovely, service on both occassions was fantastic. A huge improvement from the old pub. Def somewhere we will go again and we ar elooking forward to enjoying some summer drinks in the garden

2 Thank Sarah H