“Good hotel for one or two nights”
Review of Coppid Beech Hotel

Coppid Beech Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
“Good hotel for one or two nights”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on business a couple of times. It's relatively cheap for a 'business' hotel and convenient for where I work. The rooms I've stayed in where good and the reception area gives a good impression. The service in the restaurant was good albeit it was a quiet evening. The beer Keller bar downstairs is worth a visit and I liked the food. The gym/pool/sauna facilities leave a lot to be desired. There is no loyalty scheme associated with this hotel that I'm aware of unlike the Hilton or Holiday Inn hotels in the area. The staff have always been polite & helpful and I like the fish tanks on each of the floors.

Would I stay at this hotel in the future ? Yes, but it's never going to be my first choice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
North Wales
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, room was very big and generally clean, however there was a strange blocked off area by the wardrobe which after being nosey and seeing what was behind the blocked off area there appeared to be things thrown over into the space - it had probably not been cleared for sometime. Toiletries/facilities in room were basic. Hotel decor very dated, would benefit from modernisation. Good choice of food at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Good location, friendly staff, very clean but a little 'tired'. Bar staff very attentive. Buffet breakfast the best I have had in ages all fresh, hot and plentiful. Room was a good size and really comfy bed - would definately use again.

Room Tip: Room was overlooking the road/garage so noisy if I opened the window.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed 29th for a hen weekend. Only moans where noise as I was bedroom next to lift. Heard every thing . Also the maids knocked 3 times in the morning to clean my room. Bit annoying as they woke me up. Hotel lovely. Food was great. Night club good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from lift and out a DO NOT DISTURB sign on door if you want a lay in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just returned from a weekend at the Coppid Beach Hotel. The hotel rate was £50.00 a night including breakfast which was very reasonable. First impressions of the hotel was that is dated and could do with a refurbishment although it was clean and the staff were friendly. The cheapest bottle of wine from the hotel bar was £25.00 and the lunch menu wasn't cheap either. There were a quite a few hen parties at the hotel and we later found out from a local cab driver that the hotel is a popular destination for hen parties due to being close to Go Ape the outdoor adventure park, not that this bothered us as at least it created a buzzy atmosphere by the bar, later on however a couple of the groups who were staying in rooms on our floor were very noisy and some were smoking in their hotel room. Our hotel room was fine, very basic but clean, complementary water and Pepsi.

The "spa" area was very disappointing. Most of the lockers in the changing area were out of order. The swimming pool area was dirty and smelly - pools of yellow water in certain areas and the steam room smelt of urine.

The nearest town was Wokingham - 8 mins in a cab. We went there for dinner and ate at an Indian restaurant called Baranda it was wonderful, highly recommend if you like Indian food. When we came back to the hotel we went to check out the bar and club that are situated in the basement of the hotel. We were surprised to find out that you had to pay £5 to get into the bar, and another £5 to get into the club despite being residents of the hotel.

The next day we had our included standard buffet style English breakfast which was nice, although the granola that was on offer was very stale . We then took a drive into Windsor which was about a 45 minutes in the car.

You get what you pay for. - This hotel is initially attractive due to the affordable accommodation offers, but lets itself down when it comes to the Spa, hotel aesthetics and prices.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Coventry
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked this hotel direct to get the best deal. We had a suite, with jacuzzi bath, and a bathroom bigger than a box room! We used the swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi building up an apetite for the three course meal included in the price. The restaurant was lovely, you were made to feel very special but always comfortable and relaxed. The wine was quite expensive but the quality of the meal warranted the extravagance. The buffet breakfast was excellent and plentiful. All the staff were attentive and helpful, a very nice stay, definately go again. We did go into the Rowans bar to listen to the live music which was brilliant but we had no staying power. The hotel is huge, 210 rooms and it was busy but we didn't hear a thing in the room, we slept very soundly and nearly missed breakfast it was so sound proof. Great place.

Room Tip: Check variety of websites and the hotels own to secure good deal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a lovely hotel. After having read some reviews I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Yes the decor is a little outdated but it is clean and well maintained.
I would recommend the sunday buffet lunch - a much better deal than the set evening menu and its pretty much the same foods. One down side was my drink ordered for lunch arrived after I had finished my main meal but they were busy.
The staff were polite, professional and very helpful.
The food was of good standard and was plenty available.
The spa was amazing and Stacey was great - both me and my partner had the hot stone therapy and it was lovely! I didnt use the pool so cant tell you what it was like.
My only complaint would be the noise from the hen parties attending at the same weekend. We were woken at 2.30am by people in the corridor, calling and running around and door slamming but what annoyed me was someone calling the room at 3am.
Close and easy to get to Reading town centre.

Room Tip: We had room 222 which overlooked the front of the hotel. You could hardly hear the road and the curt...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Coppid Beech Hotel? Share your experiences!