“Shoukd be better”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Shoukd be better”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Stopped twice in a fortnight once ok but the tv didn't work the second time the room had obviously been a smoking room, the smell was so strong that they even left the window open, the room had no heater control and worst of all the shower didnt work, despite making a polite complaint - not even an apology let alone a room change - there are signs all over place saying its being refurbished i stopped here a year ago same signs are still up! However evening meal and restaurant ok! Going to ask work to book me elsewhere from now on I think

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TimBarrett1970
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Please accept our apologies for the unsatisfactory stay.

Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell such feedback is important to us. I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We chose this as a one night'r and part of a Lego Land trip (Lego Land a simple and 10 min drive away). We liked the fact it had a pool and felt comfortable with the Hilton brand. It exceeded our expectation. Staff very good, family friendly, rooms and hotel in good decorative order. Very good value meal made to high standard. Pool and other facilities world class. Nice little play area outside. all in all, a very positive family time. We have used it 2 times since we found it and will continue to go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jonathan r
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I booked this trip, as it was a chance to see family that live there; as I moved away a number of years ago. I thought of booking into the hotel for a bit of luxury. The hotel was adequate, but over priced for the quality of the hotel; as it didn't meet up to a four star hotel. Disappointed with the wi-fi connection, as on their site only gave one hour. The gym facilities were average on no assistance, pool & hot tub were satisfactory as the hot tub was at the same temperature as the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Tony B
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Well a very poor experience and remembered why I shouldn't have stayed here as was here 2 years ago and if anything it's worse.

Checkin - Was actually shocked by this, the girl on reception was very quick to get rid of me, I asked if my gold card was on my booking to which she replied yes. I only asked because she never mentioned it, nor did she mention the upgrade I had requested and what had happened to it. The reception is supposed to show off the hotel not be the start of a disappointing stay.

Room - Well what can you say, basic to say the least, 2 single beds pushed together never good. Wallpaper peeling at the bottom, very tired looking room indeed.

Bathroom - Shabby, and really not a nice place to be and have a relaxing bath after a long day in the office.

Bar - Actually the bar area is awful and when people are coming in and out of the hotel gets very cold as it's situated right in reception. I ate a meal in here on my second night and I was freezing. Staff are great but location is terrible.

Restaurant - Actually this is quite good, overpriced for the quality of food but it's not bad, Breakfast is mediocre at best.

Conclusion - Would definitely drive the extra miles and stay in the Hilton in Reading or consider another hotel, I won't be back here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Dominic C
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Bredene, Belgium
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Rooms are small but clean and comfortable bed. Quality of food in restaurant is very poor. Service is okay. Friendly staff. Breakfast is average. Internet is average quality. You receive access code but are regularly disconnected from the internet and have to log in again and again and again. Very ennoying.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Jan H
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I was very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I have taken your comments on board and please be assured I have shared them with my management team.
leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Unfortunatly the night I stayed in January with my two grown up children was the night of the regular staff Christmas party!!!! Shocking service in the restaurant and generally poor! Hilton is usually so good and we were all really disappointed. Maybe it is usually better than this??

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Helen N
We apologise for the poor standard of service on this occasion but confirm that this was an isolated incident. We can assure you that your recent experience does not represent our usual high standards of customer care and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon.
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in Hilton Bracknell twice and recently in Jan 2014 when I was there on business.

Good - The check in process was quick. The gym and spa were very well equipped. There were complimentary water and fruits at the desk when I arrived on Sunday night which was good. There is a Sainsburys grocery store and Starbucks coffee just across the road.

Bad - The paid internet connection was unstable and unusable (14.95 GBP per day). The fee was fully waived when I complained at the check out. The TV service was under maintenance, so there was no TV. With no stable internet connection and no TV connection I had to spend my evenings at the gym (which was good) or at the Sainsburys grocery store.
I forgot my trouser and shirt in the room during my visit and I called the hotel after I checked out. The man at the front desk took note of my request and my e-mail address and he said he will e-mail me. After 3 days I did not hear from the hotel and I suspect they forgot. Not the service I was expecting from Hilton.

Room Tip: The beds in single rooms are too narrow and I almost fell down from my bed.