“Nice surprise”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My daughter booked us in for a spa break. I arrived first and reception were friendly and efficient and gave me the good news that we had been upgraded. There are two lifts and I never had to wait for one. The room was large with defined areas ie sleeping area with large flat screen TV, desk area, lounge area with sofa and armchair. Loved the bathroom with marble topped basin, large walk-in shower and separate bath. Nice touch was good hangers NOT fixed to the rail. The room also had a supplementary heater and fan as well as iron & ironing board. What made a great impression was the table of goodies that appeared in the room late afternoon. Complementary bottles of water, jar of nuts a bottle of wine and a tasty plate of fresh fruit. Throughout all staff were friendly, efficient and attentive. The evening meal was a buffet with lots of choice on each course. It was relaxed and enjoyable but not a gourmet feast. I loved the range of fruit at breakfast and my only complaint was that the fried eggs were solid and rubbery. They need to be prepared regularly in small amounts so that the yolks are runny.

The pool was a particular highlight as it was cool and therefore good for serious swimming and a good length. On a Saturday afternoon it was wonderfully quiet but Sunday it was packed as was the small gym. Again ok on Saturday. The beauty treatment was very relaxing.

The housekeeping staff were the most responsive I've ever experienced. I had barely put down the phone to report that I couldn't close the window and it was blowing a gale. I'd hardly put down the phone when there was a knock at the door and the problem was solved.

Room Tip: On the top floor windows slope which makes rain very noisy and the heater was needed. Guess other f...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank edithg24
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Am I objective?. I think so most of my reviews are positive. Take a look, no stars to five stars good is good bad is bad what ever level of the market. I have been on TA for some years.
So why do I make the effort to sit down and list the faults of this hotel?.
It warrants it. I am pretty forgiving. At the point I complain if things are turned around with some concession or minor bung. Bottle of wine bit of fruit etc. A bad experience can be turned into a good experience.
I did complain. For my inconvenience - nowt. Didn't ask - four or five star property shouldn't need to!.

Would have if it was a private stay on rack rate. But for business I can't be botherd with the stress although I feel really aggrieved stressful in-itself.

I blame myself. Tripadvisor. I am a fan. Did I use it this time - nope. 51% recommend = no chance don't waste your money. Or if it's a med all inclusive and your strapped for cash book and hope for the best lol.

So good points. The breakfast was nice. Apart from the sausage. You can give the weetabix a miss as you will get all the rusk you need from the sausage. Try serving meat meanies!

The staff, bar and restaurant good. Duty manager nice.
Reception frosty.

The refurbed rooms - ok. Upto the hilton brand almost. Refurb didn't extend to replacing tub or tiles.
But 2nd two nights room ok.

First night. Tatty room multiple maintenance issues. Probably one of the last let rooms. I did phone in advance and ask for an upgrade if not full. Always do. Mmmm, receptionist seemed a bit put out by this wonder if I got allocated one of the last let rooms at this point!.

See the pics.

Thread bare carpet, dirty walls, inadequate heating with oil filled radiator, broken wall fiitings, chipped and damaged furniture and doors. Disgusting odour in bathroom. Ceiling fittings held on by electrical tape.
Hilton or € 20 motorway stop off in France? Unfortunately for me it was a hilton a brand to which I previously had some regard.

2nd big issue - the mixed grill from the restaurant. 21 pounds sterling. Consists of 3oz steak, lamb chop consisting of 50/50 lamb to fat ratio. A slice of bacon from breakfast and a sausage from breakfast. Chunky chips, yeah would have been nice to have instead of the oven chips I got . Genuinely felt cheated.

Will be sending this link to hilton head office, bsi and will definitely warn my colleagues who are on courses to follow to avoid like the plague.

You have been warned - don't stay at this property.

See the pics.!!!!!!

2 Thank Colywobbles

Travelers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

What to say ? We flew in from Oslo and got to the hotel at 23:00

Bar and restaurant closed and no room service, "it is nearly midnight sir"

The room was so small I could not fit my case past the end of the bed

The TV had been broken so long they had time to get cards printed advising guests of the issue

Wardrobe door was broken and hanging by one hinge

Breakfast such as it was could have been prepared for the horses at nearby Ascot

Disdainful and rude staff

Never again

1 Thank USPL
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.
GILLINGHAM, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed for one night with a girlfriend on a Spa Break. All staff at the hotel were very friendly. Bottle of wine, fresh fruit and nuts on arrival they even swapped the red wine for a rose. Evening meal 3 courses was excellent 4 choices for each course and Breakfast had everything you wanted. Free treatments were so good and we treated ourselves to other treatments. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your kind response. We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I hadn't stayed here for a couple of years after a problem with stolen credit card details but I was glad that I tried it again. There has obviously been a lot of refurbishment and more was going on while I was there. The 'Plaza' room was modern, clean and well-appointed. The shower was interesting as it had a very fine spray that felt like showering in a mist - I'm not sure it was that much more efficient as you have to have the water temperature pretty high as the mist cools so much before it gets to you. Still I'm happy to help the polar bears so this wasn't an issue.

I did have a couple of problems with the room that were fixed right after I mentioned them. Overall the staff were great although the service at the tables in the bar area was patchy. The food is mostly good but I would not recommend the Chicken Tikka Masala...

A good business rate and it is well-situated for businesses around Bracknell and at one point I took a train up to London - the station is less than two miles away and a good service. Just down the road is a Sainsbury's supermarket too in case you need supplies.

Room Tip: Plaza rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Burnley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Needed to book a night stay to attend a funeral day after. Booked on Laterooms.com but inadvertantly booked room without breakfast! [Senior moment!!] Neither Laterooms.com nor the hotel were prepared to ammend the booking, so I had to pay an extra £10 per person for breakfast!

On arrival the staff were very friendly and the hotel has an outward appearance of being very good. But in our room the sink could not be used as the plug was stuck. I reported this right away but nothing was done about it. When I complained the morning after they did refund the price of two breakfasts because of the oversight. So that was fair I suppose. And the breakfast itself? I worked in the food industry for years and have to say that I was rather underwhelmed by it. The fruit starters were fine as were the breads, cereals and fruit juices. But the actual cooked breakfast.... er... no! It was cold. It was overcooked. The eggs were like rubber. The bacon was like cold cardboard, The mushrooms... well the less said about them the better. All in all a pretty poor effort for such a popular hotel chain. Would I recommend? The jury is still out on that one. But maybe for the price it was ok.

Room Tip: Make sure to book exactly what you require to avoid extra costs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel nearly every week on business and it is genuinely a real pleasure. Once again I was welcomed by name and with a smile, paperwork already completed, and given drinks vouchers, and complimentary nuts and bottled water. As a Diamond Honours member I was upgraded to the recently renovated Plaza rooms and they are lovely. Very nice decoration in both the large room and bathroom. Room service was lovely and the gym being open 24/7 is fantastic. Keep up the great work and see you again soon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Premier Inn Bracknell Central Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!