“Lapland hotel”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed here as part of the deal from lapland uk. Reasonably priced and clean rooms.
One of our rooms was not ready on arrival but they apologised.
Swimming pool was good but we were wrongly informed about it opening at 6.30 on the Sunday so all turned up ready to go and it was shut.
One of the kids trapped there fingers in the adjoining room door but that we probably their own fault!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ailsa S
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell

Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't understand some of the negative reviews.

Ok. It's not like the hilton in Park Lane but the price reflects that.

I have stayed in this hotel many times and any time I have had a minor complaint it's always been dealt with promptly.

Very friendly. Love the bar area.

Food good too.

Rooms nice and spacious.

Will always use this hotel when in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DonnaMLobrien
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends for 2 nights at the end of November as we were going to Ascot on the Saturday Our room wasn't as nice as last time, it was a bit tired, carpet was worn and there wasn't a bath, just a shower which was disappointing. The corridor to our room smelled musty too. Saying that - the bed was very comfortable and lovely pillows too. The complimentary toiletries were of good quality and the two bottles of water in the room were a nice touch.

We used the spa the first afternoon, especially liked the steam room and sauna. Pity the Jacuzzi wasn't warmer, but the pool was a decent temperature.

The first night we all had a meal in the bar and the food was very tasty. The barman John was very friendly and helpful.

I was looking forward to the breakfast the next morning and I wasn't disappointed. The sausages were especially good and the pain au chocolates were still warm and boy were they delicious. The fresh fruit cocktail was also very good.

The reception staff were friendly and efficient and had no problems checking in/out.

All in all enjoyed staying at this hotel and will probably stay again next November.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from Monday 9th Dec until 13th Dec.
Having mixed my booking up slightly, the guy on reception was brilliant, very friendly and arranged for me to have the same room all week.

I was disappointed to get into my room and find a double bed and 2 singles, I had booked one with a sofa from their website, however after a long drive I couldn't be bothered to move rooms.
No bath which was a let down, however the shower was brilliant, with several jets, I couldn't spend too long in there though as the water doesn't drain away very fast meaning that the shower tray fills up very quick.

The rooms are tired however they're fit for purpose if you're just using the room as a base.
I didn't watch television much, however you do need a degree in technology to use the thing.

The bar staff were brilliant, very friendly and welcoming!
Breakfast is fantastic - a brilliant choice, the food is very nice and cooked perfect.
It's lovely that the staff in the breakfast room are so friendly and welcoming, I've stayed at other hotels where the staff can hardly manage a hello first thing of a morning when serving breakfast - however the staff here are lovely.
Checkout was swift.
Would I stay here again - Yes I would, it's close to our head office and has good links for Windsor and motorway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lichfield_lad

Thank you so much for your kind response. We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed December 13, 2013

For a Hilton this hotel is shocking and must be a real blot on the Hilton landscape. I had a two night booking for a business trip. The receptionist greeted me with a HiltonHonors gold card holder upgrade. If the room was an upgrade then I wouldn't like to see a standard room - the wardrobe doors were hanging off, the carpets were torn in several places and the bathroom smelled of mould. I tried to find a suitable alternative but everywhere else was already full so I tolerated it for two nights but for sure I won't be back and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
Poor show Hilton!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was looking forward to staying here. On arrival the Hilton looks nice and modern, shame its not the same in the rooms.

The Check in was fast. No information was given to us by the receptionist just all she wanted was a swipe and a signature. No conversation didn't even tell us where the room was.

Once finding the room that seemed to be a maze away, walking through a corridor that smelt like damp, the room was large well lit and warm. The bed was of a standard of the Travelodge. no comfortable and made a noise as soon as you sat down on it. We went to turn the tv on and noticed a little note just in front of it telling us that pretty much all the channels didn't work, pretty poor standard for a 4*. The alarm clock/radio thing also didn't want to work continuously switching from AUX, radio and alarm.

As we were busy that night and didn't have time to faff about changing rooms. When we returned we thought about putting on a film, not knowing that it would be a flickering image. On check out we had to wait 20/30 minutes due to having only 2 people on the desk. once we got to the desk the gentleman just kind of waved us off and said 'that's fine weve got your card' no 'how was your stay' or even if we wanted to pay with that card. After telling him about the tv all he replied was 'well you've paid for it' highly unprofessional.

Compared to other Hiltons ive stayed in this has a lack of customer service. Staff just don't seem to care or even want to be there. Seems they value the rewards members more than any other guests that stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxanne E
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have used this hotel numerous times on my regular trips to UK, both as a base in the SE and for being close to Heathrow before a morning flight out. Always get my HHonors recognition, and find the rooms comfortable and well-presented. I generally get a competetive rate by booking in advance through the Hilton website, and have never been dissatisfied with my stay. Love their breakfast buffet. Have used pool a couple of times and found it ok for a quick dip.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Geoff T
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Coppid Beech Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Travelodge Bracknell Central

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!