“Could be a lot better”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Could be a lot better”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our first stay in a Hilton hotel, we went as a family with our 4 year old, he had his own bed which was excellent. When we arrived at the hotel it was clean i went straight to reception where we was greeted by the receptionist who checked us in explained that the room key system was down and he would let us know when we could have our key, the maintenance man let us in our room, i went down to reception 1 hour and half later and got our key as i waited to get our key their was a family in front with the receptionist explaining about meals and times but we never got any of this information i don't know why though. The second day we was there the cable came out of our TV i reported it at 9am and at 2pm no body came i went down to explain what happened and jade the receptionist said no one logged it when i reported it, I will not be returning to this hotel because all they seemed bothered about was the business people who stay there, maybe it because we was young parents that they was not bothered about us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell such feedback is important to us. i ahve shared your comments with the relevant Managers to review going forward.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my 7th stay with family at this hotel. The hotel is ideally located for Legoland and Windsor town. The staff are very friendly and make you feel really welcome. They have a child family pool as well as a games room - planet H with Wii consoles for the children and adults. This comes in handy when its raining.
The restaurant has a good selection of dishes and the kids all eat free from the buffet selection. Breakfast is standard Hilton buffet with plenty of choice available.
I always get double family room with beds rather than sofa beds for comfort due to Gold honours. The room has seen better and can do with a makeover. I understand that a refurb is planned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell
Central Scotland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a visit to LEGOLAND in July 2013. We travelled with our three kids (9mths, 6 yrs and 10yrs). We booked connecting rooms and could not have been happier on arrival when the rooms were spotless, ready and fully cooled with fans (crucial when travelling with a baby this summer). The staff could not have done more for us. The hotel has a Sainsburys within a 5 minute walk which was really handy. The pool area is lovely, child-friendly and clean. Overall, a great visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments; they will definitely help future guests prior to booking. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bracknell & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the hilton whilst attending a wedding in ascot. The hotel is so low end it is hard to believe it is a hilton. Rooms are very dated and business like and the service is poor. The girl on reception was so engrossed in a personal conversation that I gave up waiting to check out and left my key on the side. The room amenities were just ok £3.95 for a bottle of water?! What hotel even charges for that these days. Overall poor experience and very glad we only stayed for the convenient location

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell such feedback is important to us. I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Travelers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am disappointed that I have to send this email after my recent stay at the Hilton Bracknell.
On arrival we were very impressed by the look of the hotel and reception staff could not have been more helpful. On entering the room we could not have been happier with the size and presentation of the room. However I reserved judgement when I was greeted by two large fans on maximum power trying to cool a room which already felt warm. I then noticed the air conditioning panel had been removed from the wall and this being the reason for the two noisy devices in the room. I expressed my concern to my partner who said not to complain as it was my Son's 7th Birthday and he wanted to stay in the room due to being tired after a long drive from Manchester. In addition our bed seemed to be on an incline your feet pointed to the ceiling and your head to the ground. We decided to not let it affect our weekend and proceeded to the restaurant where a table was booked for our evening meal 20.00pm. The staff and Head waiter delivered exceptional service attentive and polite at all times. However the same could not be said about the food served on the buffet. It had been there for what seemed like hours as it was dry, over cooked due to heat lamps and tasteless. It is a shame that your food does not meet the same standard that your staff provide, we cannot fault them in any respect.
On our return to the room it appeared warmer and stuffy. i wanted to contact reception for a possible room transfer but my partner and Son wanted sleep after a lengthy journey. I had an extremely uncomfortable nights sleep I was extremely warm, kept awake by fans, when turned off and windows opened I could hear the sound of traffic and airplanes. Therefore the fans had to go back on I sat for what seemed like hours until my son woke to open his birthday cards and presents. I had a full day of Legoland ahead and felt tired and grumpy before I got there this should have been an end of day feeling exhausted and ready to retire.
Reception staff agreed to transfer rooms after my partner complained, and advised our luggage would be transferred whilst we was away. However I cannot help feeling that the problem of the air conditioning was known to staff and should have really been pointed out to us on arrival especially with a young child. The second room was satisfactory despite being smaller than the first room, which was not a problem as all the amenities worked correctly.
Although we have some criticisms about your hotel, we hope you can use this feedback to utilise improvements and deliver the guest expectation.
We would not hesitate to use your hotel in the future although we would hope improvements had been made.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay. Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding the staff which has been shared with them.

Hilton are investing in this property at the moment with a number of projects being carried out, therefore feedback such as this is very important to us.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

we had a package break through the Thorpe park website, 4 adults, 2 double bedrooms bed and breakfast and 4 day tickets into the park, extreme value for money, the rooms were very basic but I expect that was only because we did it as a package, the hotel its self was very nice, clean throughout, in the separate front bar the drinks were very over priced and not up to much when thy came, the food was ok price but then again it was only average tasting, one of our meals was that full of gristle we had to send it back, apart from that everything else was ok, the breakfast was a full buffet of everything you could possibly want, and very tasty, (certainly made up for the evening meal) didn't have time to try out the pool although it did look good.
less than 2 min drive to Sainsbury's and only a 10 min drive to Thorpe park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We reserved a double room here as part of a Thorpe Park break. We got quite a good deal price-wise. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet which is always good in a hotel. We are not fussy and don't like to complain so we normally don't keep a lookout for bad things. The breakfast in the morning was quite rich in choices and more than enough to fill up for a big day! Delicious too! There were a few dust marks here and there, but for us it isn't necessarily a reflection on the hotel itself. Most of the time it can be an honest mistake or a simple overlooking and it didn't really bother us. The bed was very comfortable and we had an awesome night's sleep. The pool was also great as was the sauna. Would definitely recommend and use again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind response. We are delighted you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to all of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!