“Uh, is this really a Hilton?”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Was booked thru a colleague at the Hilton in Bracknell. Just assumed it was a Hilton that there were some standards. Wrong! Ok, first I am a Diamond member with a reservation. Got my room around 5 p.m. Yes, I waited in the lobby for about four hours. The bartender in the lobby did feel badly for me and gave me a comped drink...Kudos to him. Second, the lobby had several semi-comfortable chairs however, stained to the degree that I would have thrown them out in my backyard. Third, there were several mold/mildew markings in my bathroom/shower. Fourth, there was moisture in my carpeting next to my bed. Terrible. Worst experience at a major hotel chain, bar none. Oh, and the rate was some $300 US a night. Insult to injury.

Room Tip: No tip to provide here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Inluvwithjapan
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete one of our whilst staying with us recently. Your observations and opinions are appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests’ needs and expectations.

I am truly sorry to have learned of your disappointing experience with us, I fully empathise with the impact that such a dissatisfactory stay can make on your impression of Hilton overall. I have investigated your comments with the relevant Heads of Department and have asked them all to review and action accordingly.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last few weeks and think it is in need of modernisation. Also think they need to look at their end to end customer experience as there were gaps in it. Trying to check in on a Sunday took 10 minutes for us to get someone to check us in, ended up going to the Restaurant to ask them to get someone to help us. Yet when we did go to the restaurant it seemed that no one wanted to take our order, and there are different teams that take wine orders to food orders?! when you are tired and hungry this a bit confusing as a customer. Rooms were functional although the second room I stayed in, I think the cleaner ran out of time..... and it had no plug in the sink so nothing preventing me dropping my toothbrush down a great big plug hole...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.
Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pros: gigantic bed, cool body jets shower.

Cons: our room was very close to a funfair making a lot of noise (as you'd expect), despite asking on check-in not to be near it, thank you. Air con from another room also kept me awake much of the night and the room was an odd shape - big but, with desk, chairs etc, not much room for manoeuvre.

The breakfast was fine, although I had only cereal and a roll. I asked for soya milk and the staff pointed out the normal milk, saying they weren't sure about soya (every Hilton I have stayed in offers it on request). I used the normal milk, then the gentleman came up and said yes, in fact, they do have soya if I would like it. Hmm.

Ah well, it was cosy enough, clean and very convenient for us - you can't have it all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell
it is always good to receive feedback and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here last year and had an unpleasant stay. We were overcharged for the room and it took two phone calls and 10 days before they actioned a refund. The room was freezing as the heating didn't work, it was a business class room with free bottled water but we had to make two trips to reception before any water was brought to the room. Breakfast was chaotic as they had a coach party in and ran out of food!

After completing an online survey we were contacted by the hotel and were told if we were ever in the area again they would offer preferential rates and make sure we had a nice stay. What a joke! We have tried since to get in touch with the hotel but all our emails were ignored. After getting in touch with The Hilton head office we got a call from a very surly and abrupt lady called Jayne (this was after nine days) who offered us a room the same price as what we could already get online! the only thing they offered extra was a free breakfast ! We were obviously stupid enough to think the Hilton Bracknell was going to be different from the first time we stayed.........

We ended up booking The Stirrrups Country Hotel in Bracknell, wow now that is a hotel that knows all about hospitality, so guys do yourself a favour, give the Hilton a miss and book the Stirrups, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Tired old-fashioned decor, not as clean as it might be and a general lack of room maintenance is only the start of the story. An executive room with no safe as advertised, a blocked sink and in need of a clean and makeover! A redeeming factor was the buffet breakfast although this was suffering from a lack of restocking of key items. Staff were generally helpful. One lift out of service which meant lengthy waits to use the lift. Overpriced bottle of water in room which I guess nobody ever buys added to the sorry scene. Worst of all was a feeding mum wanted some ice to keep baby milk cool and was told room service cost £6 - absolutely disgusting. This hotel needs to learn that with happy customers profits will be automatic - a very basic lesson of hotel management which this outfit has failed to learn.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good value, nice breakfast and very busy. Would recommend for a short break or for business stop-over. Near to Windsor Castle and Ascot Racecourse and several golf centres if you are an ardent golf fan.

Room Tip: Being renovated so those areas not yet finished look very tired when compared to those already upgra...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell
it is always a pleasure to hear how our guests enjoyed their visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was a family trip, visiting Legoland on the Saturday. The staff were very helpful,polite, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were very good, although my daughter's family room was a bit dated, but ours was a refurbished room. We had dinner inthe restaurant on the Saturday evening and it was very good. The breakfasts were also very good. A most enjoyable
Stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and we are delighted to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
Coppid Beech Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Travelodge Bracknell Central

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!