“Great service”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here as I was attending the conference. Throughout my stay staff were friendly, helpful and polite. The evening meal and breakfast were nice although the queue for breakfast was very long. My room was a bit shabby with a thread bare carpet, a stained shower unit and paintwork that had seen much better days. That being said it was comfortable, spacious and quiet.
The hotel is next door to a large sainsburys. It only takes 5 minutes to walk there so it is handy if you forget anything or want water that is reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2012
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell
it is always a pleasure to hear how our guests enjoyed their visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Fortunately this was a discounted stay and although it is a Hilton it's not on par with other Hiltons. The rooms are ok, the staff polite but I found the breakfast of poor quality. I've stayed in a better premier inn. Maybe I just went at a bad time, that said for what was paid for the room I shouldn't complain.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The family and I stayed here as I had signed up for Bracknell Half Marathon and combined it with a trip to Legoland. The locaton was fantastic & not a long drive from Legoland and an easy walk to the start of the race (hurt on the way back though). It was a great hotel, a lovely breakfast & swimming pool. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated the only negative was that there was a musky damp smell in the room we were allocated.
The actual race went passed the hotel entrance. So all my supporters had to do was get out the pool dry off and shout abuse as I staggered past (beat my PB in the pouring rain and they came out after I had gone past, I might forgive them).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here with my kids and a friend with her kids. 3 night stay,with a trip to Legoland (main reason for staying at this hilton). Room was small. futon bed fell in as my daughter attempted to sit on it, hurt herself and myself. They should not left a foldaway bed that was unfit for use. Staff not helpful. It was a busy hotel with large groups. Alot of families who were staying over for a visit to Legoland. When we returned one late evening. I asked at reception about free kids meals I was told restaurant was fully booked. when I asked about ordering food from the bar which we have done previously at other hilton hotels we have stayed at was told we could not get free child meals here. since restaurant was full this should have been extended but as i said at another hilton we did get this when ordering food at the bar. first bar attendant answered my questions about what time they were open until to serve food etc and the menu etc.and that we would come down later to have a meal. We went back to our rooms for a rest and tidy up returned down after 9 pm. A very rude attendant sneered at us and said you want childrens meals after 9 pm, looking down at us. it was the holidays and after a long day at Legoland we can choose what time to eat and feed our kids without staff being rude about kids. This I found unacceptable. he tried to be friendly afterward but as far as i was concerned it should not be his place to comment. Part of the kids meal was a dessert but this was not offered to them!!.

Rooms were not cleaned properly. I had to phone down for toilet rolls, and disposable bags that had not been replaced. On second day room was not cleaned until very late didnt do a very good job left hair in bath, and crumbs and dirt on bedside table was not cleared away!

I could not sleep at night thought window was left open so much traffic noise from dual carriagway, even during the day. Pillows were so small and too soft (hardly anything there). I had to ask for extra pillows. when I complained about traffic I was just ignored. floor not been hoovered since who knows when. Iron was sticking to my clothes as the non stick was wearing off.

At Breakfast time on first day we were shown to table offered tea and coffee etc. second day after being seated no one came to ask us for tea and coffee, I had to walk all way round restaurant to find a single member of staff. when we finally got the tea, the milk jug on the table was empty. When I asked a rude member of staff again for milk, she kindly showed me where to get it from but she woud top it up for us. I insisted that I would get it after that remark and she insisted back. thats not the kind of behaviour and comment i would expect. this was no budget hotel!

I would not recommend this place at all. Premier Inn is much better compared to this and price extortionate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards.

Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and we are sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The look of the entrance, reception, bar and restaurant area are exactly what you would expect from the Hilton brand, well lit and luxurious looking. Unfortunately however as you go upstairs to the rooms you could be in any generic chain hotel. A group of 4 of us stayed in this hotel as part of a package trip to Thorpe Park so we did not pay full price and I would feel very aggrieved if we had. The check in was smooth, the staff polite however. The room we stayed in was spotlessly clean ( apart from the grubby grey net curtain) but the room was very shabby and tired looking. The bathroom suite was chipped and there was a lot of re-sealing round the bath which was badly done. The curtains in the room were old and tired and the window handle was missing so we could not close the window fully. The room also backed onto the swimming pool, so the hum of the heating and ventilation system was a constant presence. There was a swivel chair but it was too big to fit under the desk properly so was constantly in the way if you wanted to move around the bed. We did get a good nights sleep however and the beds were comfy. I have nothing against twin beds pushed together, it is fine, but when the beds are different heights it is a bit ridiculous. We went down to the dining room and had a 10-15 minute wait for a table as we had not booked, which was reasonable. The dining room was very nice and we took some drinks through which we had ordered from the bar. The lady that seated us explained that dinner was a buffet menu and that only vegetarian meals would be cooked from fresh in the kitchen which seemed odd. We were left to decide which option we wanted but a full 25 minutes passed before anyone came over and when they did they were only interested in another drinks order. When we were finally directed to the buffet, we were greeted with "cold meats starter" selection which was actually cereal bowls of chopped cucumber, chopped carrot and what looked like packet ham chopped into squares. The mains were barely recognisable as bowls of congealed non-descript matter and dessert was frozen gateaux. Food was served until 9-30, we got to the buffet at 9 and it had been decimated with nothing else on offer. At this point we decided to go into town and find an alternative restaurant. (Please check out my other review in Bracknell). Strangely though, I could not fault breakfast. It was buffet style again but everything was hot and looked appetizing. Very nice. To summarise, this hotel is fine for a one night stay, but I did not think that the Hilton would just be an average B&B, I expected more, and please,please make arrangements for dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell such feedback is important to us. I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night for a business trip. Very disappointed. Small room, quite noisy being next to a main road. TV remote was missing, no telephone in the room, towels had funny unpleasant smell. Wont be coming back unless force to by work trip again

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during our two day visit to LEGOLAND. The hotel is in a very close proximity to LEGOLAND if you have a car (about 5 miles). However, we travelled by bus, so I must admit it was an adventure for us. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! The room was spotlessly clean. The swimming pool was very nice as well. I would certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments on this website. Your observations and opinions are appreciated as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests’ needs and expectations.

I was glad whilst reading your comments that you enjoyed your stay. All the comments are shared with the team and it is always good when we have positive feedback to share with them.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to provide your comments. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Hilton Bracknell in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
De Vere Beaumont Estate
De Vere Beaumont Estate
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!