“Very good all round professional service”
Review of Hilton Bracknell

Hilton Bracknell
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
“Very good all round professional service”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had this hotel as part of a Lego land package. On arrival car parking was ample, check in was very fast and professional and there were plenty of staff to assist and direct us to our room. The room was clean, modern and what you would expect from the Hilton chain. Facilities such as the pool were excellent, my wife described the pool ameanity as clean and fresh. Evening meal was super, the separate kids buffet was particularly pleasing because there was a range of healthy food options instead of the often mandatory nuggets and chips. Adult meals were around £20 a head but I could have eaten more quite easily, however the quality of the meal surpassed. During our meal one the the waiting team presented our 3 year old son with a small Hilton branded teddy bear which I thought was a nice touch. Breakfast was a buffet style offering with a wide variety of foods, again heathy options plentiful but I did stick to a good old English cooked breakfast! Checking out was straight forward and efficient. I consider it noteworthy to emphasise how helpful and professional the staff were to us during our stay. Thanks Hilton Bracknell, we would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich1022
GM_Bracknell_Hilton, Manager at Hilton Bracknell, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell
it is always a pleasure to hear how our guests enjoyed their visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just came back from a 2 night stay at this hotel and was really dissapointed with this hotel. I booked a double deluxe/family room. Room was really small and in need of serious refurbishment, dirty walls, carpet etc., really not what you would expect from a 4* hotel in this area with the Hilton name. Over the years I have stayed in many a hotel in this area and this has to be the worst. Not a very family friendly hotel either. It was my birthday on the night we arrived and just felt the staff were very rude and unhelpful - Manager included. We still had a fab time at Ascot and Legoland but will definately not be staying there again and will definately not be recommending it to any one.

Room Tip: No tips just don't go
1 Thank mand4623
Thank you for taking the time to post review on this website
We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at the hotel. We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.
We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Hayes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for the day at Ascot races, good location quiet near to Ascot and hotel was nice and clean, check in was busy but very smooth and quick, and room was ready early which was good. breakfast next morning long queue but brought juice to us queuing and queue move really quickly would stay again

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind comments and we are delighted to learn that your stay was so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bracknell again soon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had two rooms booked, one for me & my husband, one for our daughter & her boyfriend, we were all staying overnight after attending my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party which was held in the function room of this hotel.

We checked in and had a room on the 2nd floor, overlooking the dual carriageway but we weren't affected by traffic noise so a good start. The room was a decent size, with quite a bit of drawer and wardrobe space, a large bed, desk, chair, plenty of plug sockets, two mirrors and thankfully, a fan. Our room had air conditioning but it wasn't too effective; at one point I had it turned to 17 degrees but had the fan on as well. The desk lamp didn't work and the net curtain had come off the track in parts.

The bed was comfortable but I found the pillows quite flat & hard. We had tea & coffee making facilities, along with a bottle of complimentary water. The shower was inside the bath and wasn't particularly powerful. The water was a bit too hot and when I attempted to get warm, rather than the very hot water, the dial came off in my hand, so my shower was quick rather than leisurely. The towels were quite thick and a good size. There were some basic toiletries, with a shower cap and body lotion.

We had breakfast included in our rate of £59 and it was ok, nothing special, just ok. We timed it quite well when we went down around 9.30am, there were only 3 or 4 people ahead of us in the queue. When we left around half an hour later, the queue was all the way back to the reception desk and a waiter was going along the queue with a tray of orange juice. The breakfast is buffet style, bacon, scrambled & fried eggs, tomatoes, sausages, black pudding & beans. There was also a choice of juices, the orange juice looked & tasted freshly squeezed. There is also cereals, pastries, bread, porridge and fruit, I would say the fruit is tinned rather than fresh, which is a bit disappointing, particularly if you pay £15 for it, I wouldn't have paid £15 for the breakfast on top of the room rate. We had got a special rate as we were attending the party in the hotel.

Our daughter's room didn't have air conditioning, she said it was very warm in their room and other party guests said the same, it seems only some rooms have air conditioning, not all of them do.

Overall, I think what we paid was a good rate, if you think breakfast for 2 would have cost £30, and our total rate was £59, it's pretty good value. However, it's not plush, it's really, in my opinion, a little better than a good Travelodge. One thing to bear in mind if you stay here during school holidays, is to maybe bring some earplugs, this Hilton has a link with Legoland and does a package, so there are lots of young children who seem very excited as they run up & down the corridors quite early in the morning. Not the Hotel's fault but if you wanted a bit of a lie in, unless you had ear plugs, which we didn't, you will get disturbed.

I would stay again, actually this was our second stay, but only for the same reason as we've stayed before; for a family occasion or party and I would only stay if the room rate was similar to what we paid for last nights' stay.

1 Thank ericab
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Bracknell
it is always a good to receive comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for business. As I collect Hilton points, I booked here, despite colleagues advice...I'll listen next time!

Check in was painful, with 8 others before me it took quite a while. I was allocated a room on the 4th floor. Room was clean but small and like an oven. No air con and a small window which only opened about 2cms. I called reception and to be fair they moved me to a larger room on the ground floor. Unfortunately the air con in this room was broken, but it was much cooler and as I could open both windows it was an adequate resolution.

Breakfast is not a great experience. It took close to 10 minutes to be seated. Lots of staff who are very good at looking at the large queue of guests waiting to be seated, not very good at helping anyone. The continental selection included lots of tinned fruit and there were no properly healthy options which was disappointing. The cooked selection was plentiful and the quality overall was better than the continental.

Overall this hotel is disappointing and in my opinion is well below 4 star standard. There are better hotels in the area for around the same money.

• Stayed August 2012
At Hilton we continually aim to attain and uphold high standards of attention to detail and guest satisfaction from the very first stage of booking all the way through to a hospitable and ‘hassle-free’ stay and check out. I deeply regret that we clearly failed to meet your expectations during this Hilton Journey. Having read your comments – please be assured that I have raised the matter with my relevant Heads of Department and left them with no doubt how imperative it is that we maintain our usual high Standards
Pittsford, New York, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was a great value during the London Olympics. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was fine. The lounge area had free wifi, but not the rooms (they should offer free wifi in the rooms). My family liked the swimming pool. My room with a double bed was fine, but in need of repairs and remodeling. Our other room with two single beds was in similar shape.

Nottingham
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband stayed here on business for 6 nights. I joined him for one. The hotel from the outside is shabby - paint peeling, plastic faded hanging baskets, just generally in need of smartening up. Lobby is fine. However, there were a lot of very young children running about which isn't conducive for business or those wanting a bit of peace and quiet to talk/catch up on emails etc. Legoland is very close and I guess there was a deal going on. The room wasn't great at all. It was quite small although clean enough. The bathroom was very basic and could have done with a good dose of bleach around the grouting etc. What our biggest bug bear was however was no air conditioning and that meant that you had to have the window open. It opened on a pivot half way down the window. When open about 6" pigeons would come and roost on the window edge at the top! Not what you want from a noise or hygiene point of view. The window was also filthy - not the glass the but frame and closing mechanisms. Also at least twice during the week a bird actually entered the room. The room we were in over looked a central courtyard which was heavily populated by pigeons and the mess they left. Not nice at all. When my husband mentioned this on checking out it was simply accepted that these things happen! We enjoyed a good breakfast with very pleasant and efficient staff. Also the staff on the reception were very good. However, I would not recommend this hotel and will definitely not be returning.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless you love pigeons
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NESSY3306
Thank you for taking the time to post review on this website
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Premier Inn Bracknell Central Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton Bracknell? Share your experiences!