“Maybe”

Ranked #9 of 10 Bracknell B&B and Inns
Barry, United Kingdom
“Maybe”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

First it is cheap for the night. Secondly it's ideal only for you to sleep and go. Room small. Shower cubicle was something else. Turn the power on no hot water..turn the power off hot water. You do get an iron and ironing board kettle and two coffees. Bit secluded from the main road. Would I stay again.........possibly

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stutours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cardiff
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I normally read the reviews on here and it turns out it's never as bad as suggested but I can pretty much confirm everything that's previously been posted. Upon arrival the 'check in desk' was closed so we had to go into the bar and get the barman to check us in. We were then told breakfast on the Friday morning would be in the bar resturant and served at a stupidly early 7-8.30am, but weekend breakfast is across the road at the Admiral Inn and would consist of a 'help yourself' contenental breakfast. No big deal, but you expect some sort of cooked breakfast option if breakfast is included in the room rate.

We were given room 4 which is right above the bar area. I'm really not fussy and often stay in Travelodges, B&B's or other cheap accomodation whilst staying away and don't really care if things are a bit dated but this was awful. Dirty carpets and chipped paint on the walls and bits that had been filled in but not painted over. One window was held on by one hinge whilst the other had a smashed pane which was covered over by perspex. The bathroom was tiny and as someone else pointed out, seemed to be something that would be fitted into a caravan. There was a tiny TV screwed onto the wall (not very striaght). To be fair, the bedding seemed clean although I choose not to inspect to thoroughly.

On Thursday evening it was very loud from the downstairs pub until about 11.30pm which is to be expected, but then they decided to start cutting the grass before 7am waking us up. Friday night, there was a DJ blasting music until around 1am. We didn't get back to the hotel until late Saturday night so thankfully it was all quiet by the time we got back... that was until the fire alarm went off at 4am. OK, these things happen, but upon going out into the car park with the other guests it became apparent that the owners don't even stay in the building so guests are left to fend for themselves. It was a good 10 minutes before someone turned up and they only just made it before the fire engine did. In the end it was a false alarm and just 'some dust in the system' - not suprising. It then went off again at 6am but thankfully went off again after a minute or so.

It was really cheap and if your going there intending not to get in until 1am and just need somewhere to sleep for a few hours, then it might just about be worth the price. However, there's no way I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank StanleyC777

Travelers are raving about these Bracknell hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel describes its facilities and accommodation as excellent. However this is not the case, three of us stayed in the triple room following a trip to ascot races. When we first arrived we were greater by no staff, a disgustingly dirty carpet and mood up all the walls. When we finally spoke to hotel reception I was told there had been some confusion and our room hadn't been booked. (I wish at that point he had of said sorry we can't accomodate you). When we finally got to the room the door looked like it had been kicked in, the carpet was that dirty we never took our shoes off. One of our windows had no lock and the toilet didn't flush. The furniture in the room looked like it had come out of a skip, but to top it all off the loud and rowdiness from the night club directly under ness kept you awake until 3am. To conclude, I would never stay in this hotel ever again and would recommend to everybody not to.

Room Tip: Don't do it, choice somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tori2804
Dunstable, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We paid only a bit of money to stay here but I think you'd be gutted if you paid a lot. Rooms are basic, staff didn't seem to be around and they played music very loudly until the early hours. If you're just using it Ada close hotel to ascot you won't be disappointed but I wouldn't stay here for a nice weekend away

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here when I was working in the area, I found it well over priced for what you got the rooms were basic and dirty, the showers were a joke! No hot water and no pressure what so ever! The staff are incredibly rude and arrogant. The food was extremely expensive and was horrible, the beer was flat. I work all over the country and stay in hotels and b&b's at least 4 nights a week I would never stay in this place again absolutley disgraceful don't know how they get away with keeping it open.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Arrsteve
Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I think other reviewers maybe didn't take into account what you can reasonably expect when a night's accomodation with breakfast can be had for under £30! This is cheaper than most stays at a Travelodge but with free WiFi, parking AND breakfast! I was nervous about staying having read the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised because I had no expectation of 5* luxury. Positives include: quiet residential location;friendly manager and locals; large garden with seating; well-priced bar food (good selection); clean room with high ceilings and fireplace; adequate shower room with nice towels and comfortable bed. Yes the stair carpet and wallpaper had seen better days as had the general decor in the accomodation side, but I have paid more and had worse. So I would recommend this although for the business traveller a desk and chair would have been very handy (never mind -I just completed my paper work in the restaurant and had a glass of wine! )

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the bar area e.g. the night I stayed I could hear some noise from the quiz takin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JulesReeves
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We didn't stay, but couldn't have been more pleased with the food, atmosphere and excellent service at the Admiral Cunningham.

The landlord, Barry, and son Shane, made everyone feel most welcome and I would recommend it as a great venue for any family get together.

The gardens are lovely too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank NeilMacG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Premier Inn Bracknell Central Hotel
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Grange Bracknell Hotel
Grange Bracknell Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bracknell

Been to Admiral Cunningham Hotel? Share your experiences!