All reviews travel lodge cafe bar room was clean family room hash browns budget hotel main road local attractions short stay bracknell central visiting family dual carriageway ascot racecourse pleasant stay kids eat free plenty of parking stayed for nights
Reviewed August 12, 2013

In the words of Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin, it's a Travelodge not far from the Centre of Bracknell, my room had a bed. The room had no dead animals in it and was clean, no minibar/trouser press/steam room/luxury spa/masseuse/water bed but did benefit from a kettle and shower.
I've heard Brad and Angelina often stay in hotels when they go travelling, this is a hotel, so that has to be some kind of endorsement.
There was an altercation in the bar one night, but the nice bar lady didn't seem to notice the little hairy man who made sarcastic remarks regarding people pushing in before him, but I was rooting for the bar maid as the guy could barely see over the bar, and whilst I don't endorse discrimination against the vertically challenged, I can't help feeling he should have maybe carried either a crate or small set of folding steps, possibly even a small brightly coloured flag to aid others in noticing him.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel just couldn't cope with how busy it was for Ascot Shergar cup weekend. Overbooked the rooms and had to send people to another hotel in the middle of the night! Staff were rude and it was the same staff in morning as it was late the night before - probably totally overworked! Very very noisy hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Bracknell Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We’re really sorry to learn that you experienced service that was below the standards we would expect Jennifer W. We expect our staff to be polite and helpful throughout your stay. We do want our customers to enjoy their stay and we are sorry that you were also disturbed by noise. We try to reduce noise by having insulated walls and double/triple glazing, and our staff will also ask any disruptive customers to respect reasonable noise levels. Please be assured your comments will be passed onto the Hotel Manager so these issues can be addressed.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Excellent value. The room was tiny, but clean. The real negative was how hot the room was, even with the window open all night. I ended up sleeping with a wet towel on my head!! We didn't eat at the hotel, but we had a drink in the bar which felt a bit clinical, and uninviting, although the staff were polite.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very friendly staff in a very busy Travelodge. Ideally situated for trips to LEGOLAND, Chessington, Thorpe Park, Windsor, Ascot . Great value for money clean and well situated just off the town centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Myself and my two daughters booked in on August 3rd to be greeted by an English heatwave....only in the room!!! The heatwave hit you as soon as you walked out of the reception area and into lift/stairs area! Once in the room it was UNBELIEVABLY HOT! We thought it would be ok, as once we were in the room we could open the window's and all would be ok?! NOT the case at all, we were unable to open the window's due to health and safety restrictions. So we roasted the whole night so much so we checked out as soon as possible to be able to breath! Then horror came!!!@ due to the heat I chose to sleep on the floor to be nearer the window to try and get some air....! Whilst driving away I started to itching to find I had flea bites all up my legs! Then...it started to worry me what if there had been a FIRE!?! How would have we escaped!?!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Bracknell Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We’re sorry to learn of your disappointing stay HB098. It is unfortunate you found the room to be too warm during the recent hot weather. Whilst we do not offer air conditioning in this hotel, we do offer fans in an attempt to make our customers stay more comfortable. These are offered on a first come first serve basis and can be obtained from reception anytime. Our windows have restricted opening for safety reasons and an emergency escape route can be found on the back of the room door. We’d like to fully investigate your concerns regarding the bites you’ve mentioned. To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to click on the ‘link from TripAdvisor’ option when submitting your details.