All reviewstravel lodgecafe barroom was cleanfamily roomhash brownsbudget hotelmain roadlocal attractionsshort staybracknell centralvisiting familydual carriagewayascot racecoursepleasant staykids eat freeplenty of parkingstayed for nights
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2nights whilst we visited legoland. We had a family room for myself, hubby and 3yr old twins. Rooms were clean and adequate for what we needed. Had no problems checking in, rooms were reasonably sized with Sofa beds already made and we had plenty of towels.
We ended up eating breakfast both mornings as this was easier for us. This was £7.65 per adult and the kids ate free. Food was nice enough with selection of cereals, fruit and yogurt plus cooked breakfast, juice and hot drinks.
Location of hotel is brilliant for legoland, it took us around 10minutes drive from hotel to get there. I would def recommend if you are looking for a hotel for this reason.
At the end if the day its a Travelodge budget hotel and having read some previous reviews I believe some people expect far too much. At £25 per room per night for a family of 4 it was really good value.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I generally have no problems with Travelodges, but on arriving in the middle of a heatwave last night, I was told I couldn't have a fan to try to cool the room. The corridors en route to the bedroom and the bedroom itself were like a sauna. I had two cold showers before going to bed, but the bed itself felt like it was heated from within, and I ended up sleeping on the floor with a pillow and a wet towel to cover me. When I asked for a refund the next morning, the receptionist said he couldn't do that, but his manager would call me later 'to discuss it'. Needless to say, this never happened. These places really have to do something about ventilation. Any hotel worth its salt should feel ashamed that a guest had to resort to sleeping on the floor. But that's Travelodge for you.

Room Tip: Travelodges are mostly not bad; just don't expect any degree of comfort or decent ventilation when the weather is hot, or any degree of sympathy or action from the management.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlexYork
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Bracknell Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear AlexYork, we do expect all of our customers to experience a comfortable stay. Unfortunately not all of our hotels have air conditioning, however we do have a number of fans available from reception on a first come, first serve basis. We would like to contact you regarding the call that you were promised, to help us please can you use the ‘contact us’ section on our website to give us more detail, which will allow us to conduct a thorough investigation. Please click on the ‘link from TripAdvisor’ option when submitting the form.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love the new decor and the bed was very comfortable but it was extremely hot. Yes, I know that we were in the middle of a heatwave, but the stupid window will only open up one inch! This is health and safety gone mad. The customer should be given a choice on whether they want to risk falling out of a window (highly unlikey!)

Plenty of parking, easy to find and great for Legoland.
Note, The picture above is not Bracknell Central.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This Travelodge is well situated just on the edge of Bracknell town centre. It does have limited parking which is free but gets full very quickly in the evening. The rooms are clean, modern and have recently undergone a bit of a revamp. New beds, pillows, duvets and curtains which has considerably smartened up the rooms. The biggest gripe with this particular Travelodge are the noisy guests. I visit this Travelodge at least 5 times a year and have yet to have a decent nights sleep. Avoid the rooms over reception, smokers and drinkers go outside and continue making a lot of noise well into the early hours of the morning. The quietest rooms are on the ground floor, even though they face onto the main road, the double glazing is very good and the rooms are fairly quiet. Although on the 2nd day of my stay last week, I was awoken at 2.30 am by a group of people outside my door, talking, laughing and making a lot of noise. Overall a good standard Travelodge just let down by the guests!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very disappointed, hot, uncomfortable stay. Worst night's sleep in a long time. Written by a couple plus young baby.

Easy to find, plenty of car parking. The access to rooms isn't good, you have to go through corridors/lifts/more corridors (not easy with lots of luggage or small children) and the lifts are small and dark. Our room was small and cramped despite being a "family room". No travel cot was supplied although we had asked for one. Only 1 set of towels was put out despite the room being booked for 2 adults plus baby. The finish in the bathroom was of a very poor standard. Cleanliness was ok but not brilliant - bathroom in particular. Curtains flimsy, no blackout lining so on a summer's night and early morning they let loads of light in - not ideal for a good night's sleep. Worst of all there was no air-conditioning nor fan and the windows only opened a couple of inches, letting all the busy traffic noise in. As a consequence none of us slept well, too hot and too noisy (and we were on the 3rd floor). The duvet was 10.5 tog, without even a sheet, unbearable in July, and the bed was uncomfortable. The bedding was ripped. The bath was small and the bathroom so cramped we struggled to bath a small baby comfortably. We were woken by other guests in the night - the walls are so thin.

The staff are useless. They didn't have fans. They had to be asked to send up extra towels. They pushed us to book for breakfast. We discovered it was £7.95 per person for breakfast (no option for Continental/small breakfast) so we declined. Really couldn't care that we had a small baby who was hot, tired and uncomfortable and didn't do anything to make our lives easier.

There are no phones in rooms. With a small baby this was terrible as it meant one of us had to be constantly going up and down to reception for the many things we needed, not ideal and how would a single parent manage?

I would not recommend this to anyone, especially families. Pay the money for a Premier Inn. We are never staying in a travel lodge again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Bracknell Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Laura T, we’re really sorry that you had such a poor experience in our hotel and we would like to contact you to see if we can address your concerns To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to click on the ‘link from TripAdvisor’ option when submitting your details.