“Two hours and no delivery, then lied too”
Review of Shahi Restaurant

Shahi Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 129 Restaurants in Bracknell
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali, Balti
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nepalese & Indian Restaurant
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had used this restaurant for many years. Quality was ok then it fell off. Lately I heard it had improved. After two to three acceptable meals we placed an order for a family get together. 40-50 mins later, nothing. We call, the driver is just on the road. 30 mins later. Same lies. (Our road is one mile long with two sides, and about 20 houses) another 40 mins and I call. The woman again lies, I challenge her and she says she had tried to call 11 times. I asked her to confirm the number, she couldn't. We had 11 people over, all within feet of the phone I tell her. M&s he changes tact, the driver is lost. Sorry I say? He's been on the road for over an hour according to you. I tell her to refund my money as we do not want the meal. She says she can't. It's only when I threaten to sue that the manager comes on. He tries to say its just minutes away. I insist on a refund. He says ok and hangs up.
It's only by checking the bank that we see the refund for over £100 was done. To this day, two months later the food hasn't arrived, and neither has any apology. As a result, all of my family and friends have changed to the Amir restaurant, Binfield.

Shahi. Awful service. Go elsewhere.

2  Thank Peter S

Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor my fiancé and I decided to give this place a go last night. As others have commented the location is not great but the food was really tasty. Service was slightly slow but we weren't in a hurry so it was no problem. The complementary drink at the start of the meal was a lovely touch and it was nice to try the Gurkha beer. We tried two of the Nepalese starters to being with which were both delicious. For mains we tried the Nargisi Kofta which were really tasty as well. Both the food and drinks were also very reasonably priced, £53 for 2 starters, 2 mains, 3 sides, 3 large beers and a small beer. All in all a lovely meal and we will defiantly be coming back.

1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Once again we had a lovely evening at Shahi Restaurant.
Friendly, efficient service, great atmosphere and superb food - this place never fails to impress.
Give it a try - you'll be glad you did!

1  Thank johnto58
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Thoroughly recommend the Nepalese dishes. Been frequenting here for a few years now, and it's never disappointed

1  Thank Colinsmudger
Reviewed December 13, 2012

have eaten there a few times now and it just gets better! i didnt even know it was there so wasnt expecting much the first time i went. but the food was delicious, nicest Indian Ive EVER had! quick service, very attentive staff, lovely atmosphere. has become a firm favourite, as you know it wont leave you disappointed!