“Regular Friday Lunchtime Visitor”
Review of The Hideout - CLOSED

The Hideout
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
UK
“Regular Friday Lunchtime Visitor”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I regularly pop into The Hideout on a Friday lunchtime, usually in a group of 4 to 6 people. Meal plus drink for c.£10. Always served quickly.

There are about 6 to 8 choices on a lunchtime.

Not disappointed me yet and a great alternative the traditional pub offering.

• Visited April 2012

Bracknell, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the search”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

It took quite a long time to find this place but it was well worth the effort.
The staff were really friendly and attentive. Granted, we went on a weekday so it was fairly quiet, but we barely had to wait for anything.
The food was amazing and really well presented and not hugely expensive for Thai food. I had a beautiful steak for under £10.
We were seated in a section surrounded by room separators so it felt really private and cosy.
It's not your traditional restaurant but the quirks make it much more special.

• Visited December 2011
Durrington, United Kingdom
“Unusual setting with very good food”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

First of all, if you cannot find this restaurant then you are not using your eyes to drive! There are clear signs from both directions saying where it is. Use Google Maps for the postcode RG40 3BT and note that it is on West Road but more like 250 metres further along on the right hand side than the map states. West Road is a narrow road, almost single track and I am sure this puts many off the scent.

Secondly, it is the quirkiest setting I have come across in a long time. It is more like the Look Out centre or a building that you find as the information office of a stately home or park. Very strange. Once inside the decor is classically overstated and artificial but the staff are very welcoming, speak good English and seem to be attentive enough.

The menu is what I would have expected and my partner, who is a Thai food guru, found it to have the right mix that she was looking for. We were shown to a nice corner with a table for 2 surrounded by 3 wooden screens, one of which was ornately decorated. This felt very cosy though there was no view other than the main restaurant.

The starter arrived quickly and there were prawn crackers on the table. The main courses were excellent - weeping tiger and honeyed duck and very nicely presented. The sides were also very tasty with the rice arriving in its own hot pot.

Good Thai restaurants are hide to find without travelling afar and this one, because of its locale, will see us both returning again and probably having the odd takeaway now and then too. It isn't that cheap at around £25 a head with a couple of drinks and 10% service charge is added automatically so don't feel you need to leave a tip as well.

We are returning this week and hope we have a similar experience. If not, watch out for my next review...

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Merlin_de_Manaus
“Can't believe the negative reviews! Loved it!”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

After reading the reviews on here, I was reluctant to try this restaurant! But we decided to drive there and take a look. As it was my husbands birthday I wanted it to be a nice enjoyable meal. On arrival to the restaurant we were amazed at the beautiful surroundings and scenery! My husband said it looked nice but was very quiet, so we thought let's give it a go, well I'm glad we did! The service was lovely, the food delicious and we would definitely go again, yes the food is a little pricey but Thai food normally is. This is a wonderful location to hire out for a party or special occasion and you get a 10% discount on takeaway.

2 Thank Snashy5
Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
“Great for Takeaway just don't eat there”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

What the majority of reviewers seem to have missed is that this place does more trade in Takeaway than restaurant dining, despite the excellent service, and that's because the location is just, for want of a better word, weird!
Food is cheaper for takeout. Go, have a beer while you wait and enjoy the delicious food.

1 Thank GHinton