“Fantastic”

Premier Inn Bracknell (Twin Bridges) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bracknell
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is ideally located 20 minutes from Lego Land! The staff were fantastic and very accommodating. Dinner was great and the Breakfast was awesome!! The Breakfast staff member that greeted us was so friendly and helpful and nothing was a problem! He was fantastic!! Definitely will stay here again if we are in the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was an excellent premier inn, the service was first class and the lady on reception was very professional and caring. The food , for both dinner and breakfast was excellent value. The room was clean and very comfortable . As a family we have never stayed in a premier inn before but will definitely use again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The previous reviewer blames the shortcomings of the adjacent restaurant, owned by a different company, for a poor rating, which is unfair on the hotel and its staff.

This is a standard Premier Inn Hotel situated behind the Downshire Arms, which is on a busy main road on the edge of the town. The car park is away from the restauarnt car park and there were few cars using it, so quiet. I was in room 18, which overlooked the car park, so can not speak for rooms on the other side.

The room was on the 1st floor and there is no lift, so if that is a problem for you, you need to specify a ground floor room when booking. The room was standard Premier Inn, including free wi-fi for 30 minutes, but it seemed larger than most Premier Inn rooms I have been in before. A single bed could easily be added by the window without cramping the room. Being at the back, it was quiet - although I don't think the hotel was very full. The room was clean and had a very large flat screen TV, although that needs to be retuned, as some of the Channels were on the rwrong number.

The only thing not perfect was that, on opening the bathroom door, on several times there was a "musty" smell, which prevents a top rating.

The staff I saw were very pleasant and the booking in procedure quick and efficient. Perfect for a one night stay. Booked in advance at £29, it was also good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank r_S133
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed at lots of Premier Inns, mainly on business. As you will see from past reviews I have submitted most are of a good standard. Sadly this one isn’t! I arrived at Twin Bridges on a Sunday evening, Mothers Day. Frankly I thought the £70 tag for room-only was well over the top for a Sunday evening in what turned out to be nothing more than a very basic motel. As a guide I would expect to pay no more than £50 for a similar standard. The staff, although pleasant, hardly fell over themselves and I was directed to a room on the first floor (no lift). When I arrived, with two large bags, I enquired if there was a lift and was simply told, no I would have to use the stairs. Good job I didn’t have some under lying medical condition then, not that anyone asked if I was OK climbing the stairs with my bags. The room was clean and comfortable so I have no cause for complaint there.

What really lets the place down is the Beefeater Restaurant. Staying in the adjoining hotel and with no alternative available nearby I booked a table but only on arrival was I advised there was just a fixed three course "Mother's Day" menu available that evening for £16.99. I pointed out that I only wanted a starter and a main but was informed there would be no discount. In fact I was charged an extra £2.99 to upgrade my choice of steak, which really wasn’t worth the extra nor was the rest of the meal. I had draught beer while I waited and a wine with my meal. The beer was flat and the red Shiraz was cold, well below room temperature.

As a single traveller I expect to be treated as any other clients but I was poked into a draughty corner, under an open vent blowing in freezing air. When I asked to be moved the best they could do was a table next to the front door. The staff, who were mostly in their teens, were pleasant enough but they were never going to set the world on fire. One girl did apologise and told me they had received a lot of complaints about the fixed menu. I actually felt a little sorry for the staff because seated by the door I witnessed many of the arriving diners had a limited vocabulary when it came to words such as excuse me, please or thank you. Many were also accompanied by children who did not seem interested in celebrating their Mothers day. In fact they appeared more interested in harassing other diners (one attempted to steal a chip from my plate), or disappearing into the world of electronic media.
Find somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Bracknell (Twin Bridges) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night on Monday 4th March to attend a funeral locally....our room was as expected in layout and was clean and tidy with large TV on the wall, kingsize bed and what looked like fairly new soft furnishings. The bathroom was spotlessly clean but there was only one bath and one hand towel for two of us...I went to reception to ask for more and the receptionist apologised profusely and within five minutes she was at our door with additional ones.
I think the receptionists name was Manisha (not sure) and she was very friendly and polite and efficient at her job...she deserves a Gold Star!!
We had a meal in the adjoining Beefeater in the evening which was good and nicely presented....we also had a continental breakfast here which was buffet style, varied and plentiful.
We paid £83 for the room plus the cost of breakfast. We felt this was alot for a 'basic' service but realise this is the 'going rate' for this area.
This hotel is close to the main road so there is traffic noise

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our stay was excellent. Friendly, efficient staff and more importantly, the rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. Our first time at a Premier Inn but certainly not the last if his one is anything to go by.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrissyPound
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I found myself in the Premier Inn since they were 4 minutes from my client's offices (compared with a 2 hour journey) and cost £50/night versus an £80 train return. I'd also never stayed in a Premier Inn before and so thought I'd give it a try and see whether the ads on TV were correct...

So, it's a soulless, featureless layby on the Bracknell by-pass. I think I was the only person there not in a car! The building was a cross between an abandoned pub and an abandoned YHA.

The receptionist though was friendly and helpful and things looked up.

My room was large, but had the aura of an East Berlin dorm meets very luxurious student accommodation.

There were no facilities at all. I was about to get sad.

Then I realised that all the basics were there and there with generosity: the room was excellent, the bathroom spotless and large, the bed was utterly exemplary (the claims made for these are true) and there were two types of pillow - firm and soft). The wifi was free and effective, and the upgraded wifi (£3 for 24 hours) was commendably rapid.

Being objective I realised I'd stayed in worse 4-star hotels than this, and that in terms of value for money it's utterly impossibly to fault it.

Sadly, though, a train journey has more charisma and I'm therefore not likely to return, although in future I'll have much higher hopes of Premier Inns - it really is a difficult formula to beat, even if I didn't enjoye it I certainly valued it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
Grange Bracknell Hotel
Grange Bracknell Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bracknell
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell

Been to Premier Inn Bracknell (Twin Bridges) Hotel? Share your experiences!