“Cheap weekend stay”

Elizabeth House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Bracknell B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked into Elizabeth house so We could stay near Ascot race course. On arrival to the guest house we was met by a friendly member of staff who showed us straight to our room. The room was very nice and clean although slightly dated, the en-suite was very modern and again very clean. We had a room that overlooked the gardens which we was pleased about as the front bedrooms overlook a very deep gravelled drive (slight noise).
We was offered the choice of breakfast in the morning and the choice was varied and all looked very nice, we had a full English and it was very filling.
We would return to the guest house if we go back to the area, the staff were very nice and the fact it was booked last minute and the rates fantastic, you just can't fault it.

Room Tip: We stayed in number 6 in the main house, I think the house next door maybe the one that has had the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Came down for the weekend to go to Ascot. We had a warm and welcome greeting from the staff who really tried to look after us! Rooms are clean and got all you need when you are staying just for a short break. Delicious breakfast served in the conservatory!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Always enjoy stays here and prefer it to larger hotels nearby. Always get a good night's sleep, good breakfast, and warm welcome. The facilities are always great, very modern and everything you need. Despite it being a large converted house, the walls are thick so very little noise from neighbouring rooms which is good. Only downside is that they don't offer evening meals but I believe they are starting to do this - as being a female traveller it helps if you can get room service rather than sitting alone in a bar. Thoroughly recommend here though.

Room Tip: Choose one with ensuite facilities as not all have ensuite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights and found it great. The room and the en-suite were lovely. The whole guest house is well kept and very clean. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed breakfast each morning. The breakfast room was very pleasant and breakfasts were cooked to order as required. Overall, I couldn't fault the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel every week, and have done for some time now, and I believe this is a very welcoming b&b in a good location within Bracknell.

The staff are friendly and accommodating, while the rooms are clean and well looked after.

Breakfast is always great, and cooked to order, not served from batches.

I continue to return, and I have no issue recommending this b&b to anyone else

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

1 Night, 2 double rooms booked.

Firstly we pulled up and impressed from the outside. We were greeted straight away, I was staying in the main building and my colleague was staying in the second building.

Negatives!

My room was number 2 (Avoid)

First glance over the room wasn’t too bad. The room looked nothing like any of the pictures provided on the website even though when booking it was showing the type of bedroom we would get.

Room 2 was right at the front and ground floor, it wasn’t a quite relaxing room at all. All night and day you can hear vehicle’s coming and going from the stone car park outside , people walking past your window (as one doesn’t shut fully) and people thundering down the stairs for breakfast.

The mattress was completely worn out; it felt as if I fell down a hill in the middle of the night when I rolled over. I could also feel the frame under the mattress it was that worn out.

Pillows, you only get two pillows and these are like concrete and have no give what so ever in them.

The blackout curtains width are to short so they wouldn't fully shut over the window, also the drop (length) on the curtains are way too long and looks awful.

An iron and board is provided but use at your own risk, the iron in my room had its wires exposed.

The carpet plate between the bathroom and bedroom had screws that are too big and are left exposed, perfect for doing damage to your feet.

Finally on the negatives the bathroom had no bin, which is nothing major but something you kind of expect.

Positives!

The bathroom is the nicest part of room 2 and the shower gel they provided smells amazing, so much so I nearly took it home with me.

Summary

Personally I would not stay again or recommend anyone to stay here, if you’re expecting 4 star B&B be prepared for 2* maybe 3* at a push based on my experiences.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank nattybuk
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had to leave a credit card number when we booked, paid bill in cash when we left, plus credit card was charged.
Had to phone and email to get a refund, which took a couple of weeks

Room was nice and quiet as it was at the back.

Breakfast room a bit small, we were crammed into a corner with not much room

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple