“Great place to stay!”

Elizabeth House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Bracknell B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I read reviews on Tripadvisor all the time, but have never felt moved enough to add one of my own - our stay at this hotel prompted me to change this! After searching for hours for a hotel, B&B or guesthouse in striking distance to Heathrow (as we were to be picking up friends early morning) that would take us and our dog, we found Elizabeth House.
Elizabeth House is an unassuming place, two houses converted into a very clean and tidy hotel. The outside, though as clean and tidy as every inch of the interior of the hotel, does not inspire, and Bracknell is not a hot tourist destination BUT, what a pleasure to stay! When we arrived we were greeted by our host (the owner I guess) and shown the room. Everything you could need - well decorated, crisp pure cotton bedlinen ( I was amazed that he could be so welcoming to my dog when his rooms were so immaculate and linen so white!) We were given a ground floor room and this was ideal as we backed onto a pleasant garden. Our host could not have been more helpful or friendly - even offering to bring breakfast forward by 15mins so we could get away early. Breakfast was worth waiting for too - quality ingredients had been used for the full English and the FRESH fruit salad particularly impressed me! Breakfast is served in a very pleasant conservatory overlooking a small garden and the lovely woman who served us was attentive and warm. This is not a cheap hotel - but it is not expensive either- I would say very good value for money. Elizabeth House is not a quaint or glamorous hotel in appearance, but the efficiency, cleanliness and general hospitality more than make up for this. I would thoroughly recommend - took us only 25 mins to Heathrow too!

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are good - though I suspect some are a little bigger than others.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We booked this hotel at the last minute, needing asingle room and a double/twin on way to heathrow airport.
Reception was very good giving us a choice of rooms and offering a double for the price of a single.
Rooms very comfortable.
Breakfast served cooked and buffet continental.
Very good personal service.
Cheap pub 5 minutes walk away for food . Convenience store almost next door.
Good hotel for heathrow 20 minutes away yet away fom the airport noise.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel is a pair of converted houses, well furnished and maintained. Warm welcome on arrival and breakfasts good, with nice selection.
Only fault - Dont arrive on a Sunday evening hoping for a snack or meal - there is NO food served on Sundays evenings, so either make a prior arangement while travelling, or be prepared to go and hunt down food in or around Bracknell....
For a minimal fee - the hotel offers a selection of DVD's for personal watching in the comfort of your own room.
There is no loungeor bar lounge to go and relax in, so if you're unlucky enought to stay in a smaller room.....
Overall - recommendable

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Good location, excellent service, very good room and breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends for the quality of the offering.

Room Tip: Accessible to town centre and motorway
  • Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I've read various reviews and felt they were probablly written by the hotel themselves as they were all so good, however this hotel totally lived up to expectations. It was clean, comfortable, the staff were excellent, they even provided balloons and cake for my son's birthday. The rooms had large TV's with FreeView, free WiFi, tea making facilities, comfortable beds and unlike one of the previous reviewers we didn't find our room noisy even though we faced the main road. They had just put up a table tennis table which the kids loved. The breakfasts were great. I'm not sure what the difference is between a 2 and 3 * hotel but I can't imagine that a more expensive hotel could offer anything better.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2009

As hotels go on the budget end of the market it is excellent, the rooms are to a very high quality and free internet access is rare these days. The hotel itself is a converted house so gives a more home from home feel with is thick luxury carpets and decent decor. The breakfast is excellent with a good selection of items, there small garden to the back on the house is maintained to a high standard as well. The service is excellent and they are very friendly and helpful.

My only issue is the road noise as I had a room at the front of the building and the road outside is very busy until the early hours. I am to be honest a light sleeper and live in a rural area and I should have taken ear plugs with me as not use to the cars! But saying that I would stay again and take ear plus with me or request a room at the back of the property.

Overall excellent quality and certainly excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days during a training in the RSA/EMC Center. This is the closest hotel for this location. The staf was very friendly and they made me feel at home. You could always count on a personal service and touch. Good Breakfast, Nice decorated rooms and free internet. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business