and 1 more site!
Berkshire Rooms Gray Place
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stayed in Bracknell for a little over a month and chose Gray's Place for the duration. It is absolutely top Notch. Though all the apartments are a bit different from each other, they are done really nicely! The TV's have sky, net connectivity is good. What I liked the most was the kitchen, it had absolutely everything that I needed and was spacious. The whole place has a very luxurious feel to it and has a charm. The apartments are heated nicely. I stayed here in February, when it was really cold, but the apartment had all the facilities to make it a cosy little place. A very quiet place though, with not a lot of hustle-bustle around. The Bracknell market is about 3 miles and a Marks and Spencer gas station is about 0.7 miles away!
Although I would have expected some sort of concession for the extended stay we booked for. At more than 130+ pounds a night, it ain't exactly cheap, but you get what you pay for and this is absolutely worth it.

Room Tip: The Penthouse on the third floor is better, although it has only one bedroom. Otherwise, I'd sug...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pranav B

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Very well equipped and furnished two bedroom apartment. Some small areas for attention - the second bedroom door would not close with twin beds in place; the camp bed provided was of an inferior standard compared to the rest of the furnishings, and the carpet was ready for cleaning or replacement. Overall, however, the specification (Fridge/freezer/washing machine/wifi/flat screen tv etc........was excellent.

Not having dealt with the company before, I would have been reassured to receive the paperwork a few days earlier.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank flipper2
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Grays Place as part of our Legoland break for 2 nights.
Initially read the reviews and all the reviews sounded good along with the photos. I was quite happy and looking forward to it with our family of 4. Our children aged 11.5 and 10 years old a boy and a girl (both with autism and other disabilities) couldn't wait to see it after looking at photos.
When we arrived around 6pm after being at Legoland, we were slightly disappointed, yes it was big enough and it had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and kitchen/living room. It seemed to be in a quiet residential area with parking just below our apartment.
The beds were small double beds, of the cheapest quality extremely hard and full of lumps and bumps. Our children were squeezed together into a very small double bed, if there had been a sofa bed then they could've had both beds. I found it impossible to get comfortable and had to sleep on top of the duvet with towels as blankets, both myself and my husband give up trying to sleep in pain during the wee hours and just got up.
The carpet and sofas could do with a good deep clean or new ones bought! They were filthy and we couldn't go about in bare feet we all needed to wear socks. The sofa and chair were disgusting and smelt really bad. Again I covered these in towels before anyone sat on them.
For the money we paid we expected more.
I didn't ring to complain or ask for a move as this would've upset our children even more and we were literally just using it as a base thankfully. Maybe we were the unlucky ones judging by all the other reviews and photos. I hate leaving negative reviews but I felt others should be aware of how the standards are different from one place to the next. Anytime we had dealing with the office the staff were lovely and very helpful.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Tifi9
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at Netherby Gardens, off Rectory Road, Bracknell (not listed on Tripadvisor, but same company). I saw these reviews and went to directly to Berkshire Rooms' website to find a fine choice of properties in towns throughout Berkshire. Access is via coded pedestrian gate or remote-controlled vehicle gate. I had a two bedroom, two bathroom flat (apartment) in a new building. With contemporary furnishings and décor, it is very practical, complete with dishwasher and washing machine. The kitchen was very well equipped with all the pots, pan, cutlery, etc. that you need. The gas hob is a bonus. Very helpful staff. Spotlessly clean throughout, I'll be using Berkshire Rooms again - excellent accommodation.

Room Tip: First floor accommodation, however, no lift.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Ian D
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The customer service from the BR teams is brilliant. Always responsive and quick to reply.
The apartments themselves are absolutely ideal. Spacious lounge, kitchen and en suite bedroom. The ones at Gray place are better than the ones at Kelvin gate in my opinion as they are roadside and noisier. Always choose Gray Place, great place, ideal for the business traveller which means no high cost meals in a hotel and can do as I please!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank madyorkshiregirl
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We've been staying at Berkshire Rooms flats for several years now (usually for one week twice a year, to visit family) and each time is a very good experience. The customer service is cheerful, friendly and they're always anxious to please. We stay in Wokingham or Bracknell flats, which are well fitted and very clean. We will continue to go back and have no hesitation to recommend them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Berkshire rooms at Gray Place last weekend and had a great overnight stay.

It was quite difficult to find from the sat nav but Don on the help desk directed us over the phone with great customer service.

The apartment was outstanding and with a small child was perfect for our stay in Bracknell as we didn't have to worry about putting him to bed and not being able to carry in with our evening of watching telly and having dinner.

Would definitely recommend it and will hopefully go and stay again very soon!

• Stayed: October 2013