“Rip off, burnt my coffee. Avoid.”
Review of JavaLava Cafe

JavaLava Cafe
Ranked #18 of 27 Restaurants in Pennant Hills
Cuisines: American, Belgian, Italian, Australian, International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Take your money elsewhere. These guys need to lift they game- especially the coffee! $3.45 for a coffee when everyone else charges $3!

2  Thank Ffgabor182

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I ordered an iced chai frappe and it ended up being just some chai flavoured milk that was in what looked like a huge cup but had very little in it. I was disappointed with how much it cost as well for what I got.

2  Thank Heidi S
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have never written a review before but my experience at this cafe was so shocking i feel the need to vent! My husband and I took our daughter and her two best friends for a birthday breakfast treat thismorning. My husbands meal arrived very quickly however after a further 15 minutes the girls had to wait 10 minutes between each of their pancakes to be served. After 40 minutes the last plate of pancakes arrived.. Yet my meal was no where to been seen. Once the staff realised they'd forgotten my meal I was offered a free coffee but by that stage I was furious. Finally after almost an hour of waiting my eggs on toast were served over cooked and rubbery. We watched several other people complain while we waited and honestly I cannot be believe we spent over $100 for pancakes and eggs that were horrible and took so long to arrive. The staff are poorly organised and terribly managed.. I got a few "so sorry's" from the waitress but will certainly not ever be returning. In an industry so full of competition I would have thought a strong effort would be made to keep customers happy and satisfied but java lava clearly don't feel that is necessary.

5  Thank Te55ki
Reviewed February 21, 2014

There isn't a lot of choice in Pennant Hills so I have tried this cafe 3 times. Each time the coffee has been so bad, it has brought tears to my eyes. The cups are far too large for a decent espresso, so the only option for a small long black is to buy it in a takeaway cup - very bizarre experience while you sit in the cafe talking to friends. This would be bearable if the coffee were drinkable, but it is like dirty dishwater - no crema, boiling hot, and no aroma whatsoever. The young girls making it are rude and completely unresponsive to pleas for a better coffee - today we were told that there was no point sending it back because "this is how it comes", like it or lump it, I guess. Never, ever again. If you are a coffee lover, avoid this place like the plague.

4  Thank Julie F
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've been to a lot of the cafes around the area in Pennant Hills, by far Java Lava is the worst.
I'm horrified at the lack of skills any person has making coffee there. I've been in there a few times and every single time the coffee was just bitter and burnt. Not to mention the lack of knowledge their baristas have. Half of the glass was froth, I didn't ask for that.
The food is standard, nothing that's beyond quality that would make me go back there again.

Definitely wouldn't suggest this cafe to anyone.

4  Thank Danny J