“Very good airport hotel”

Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Opfikon
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had the pleasure of 2 nights in this hotel. It is quite convenient for the airport with a shuttle running every 30 minutes in each direction.

The check in staff were very friendly and efficient. My rooms were of a good comfortable standard. The bed was comfortable and was supplied with a huge pillow. Tea/ coffee facilities were supplied. The shower room was well appointed and very clean.

I was impressed by the sound proofing of the room. I believe it is the quietest room I have ever experienced! The hotel is situated below the flight path to the airport, yet the aircraft seemed to whisper past the window. If you went outside you really noticed the difference! There was no noticeable internal noise either.

The restaurant was pretty good too. The evening dinner staff were friendly, helpful, and amusing, which provided a good atmosphere. The dinner choice was good with something to suit most people and their budgets.

Breakfast was plentiful. All the usual that would be expected in a good hotel.

The only downside would be the cost of the airport shuttle. It is 12 Swiss francs per person for each direction. This can be paid as part of the bill. However the journey is 6 minutes on average, so the rate seems a bit high.

Advice: to find the shuttle at the airport follow signs for hotel shuttles. Wait at the upper part of the shuttle stands - where the first sign is- as the bus waits there, usually on the right side of the road. If you wait at the lower stands (closer to terminal 2) expect the bus to drive past you!

It is possible to walk in 15 minutes from the airport to the hotel. There is also a tram service, but you need to find your way through the complicated ticket instructions!

All in all, it was pleasant and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Detlef L, Geschäftsführer at Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Mr. Simon,

first of all let me thank you very much for having chosen the Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich for your stay in Zurich. It was really as much amizing to read your various comments, as much as your experience made within our property. It is very nice to read that especially the staff service had been to your entire satisfaction, which counts very much to us, as being the most important to make every guest as happy as possible. Indeed we do have a shuttle service to/from the airport, but due to the work load at the Airport it is not all the time at the same place. This shall change within the next months when the works at the airport comes to an end. It´s also correct that the tram Nr. 10 & 12 will bring you in only two stops easily and save to the hotel even late at night and might be an alternative for the next stay. Tram tickets can also be purchased around the clock at the reception counter for our guest convenience.
Again many thanks for having placed your comments on Tripadvisor allowing other guests to see what they can expect from our airport hotel in Zurich.
Best personnel regards. Detlef F. Linder, General Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The rooms are very nice and spacious, friendly hotel staff, the food at the bar is amazing...will definitely visit again. Even if in the airport area you can not hear any noise so I had a very relaxing sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for having chosen the Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich for your stay in Zurich. We appreciate very much your comments in regards to the bar and overnight experience, which indeed its a pleasure to read when guest had an excellent overnight sleep. We have also transmitted your comments to our Barman, whom was very happy and was well remembered yourself. Thank you again for your nice comments and of course we are looking forward to welcome you again soon at the Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich or in any other Dorint Hotels in Switzerland or Germany.
Best regards, Detlef F. Linder, your host

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I remained impressed about the friendliness of the staff and the speed they take when they see a tired person arriving late in the evening.
This hotel is so clean and tidy,and every single staff member makes you feel like home.
Normally when travelling I prefer central hotels so I do not need transportation, but I felt so welcome at this hotel so I came back with business and instead of living in the center I did prefer this hotel.
I was really amazed about how the dinner was..I took dinner at the bar one evening, and a snack was bigger than a whole normal dinner, and it also tasted amazing.
I really recommend this hotel and I will for sure go back when travelling to Zurich

Room Tip: I have asked for a quite room and I was given a room facing the back of the building so I was not di...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Detlef L, Geschäftsführer at Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much indeed for your time taken for expressing your stay at the Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich. We are very glad that our staff has made your stay a wonderful experience and it is of course nice to see that many other service had been to your full satisfaction.
We hope this will bring you back to us very soon and should you ever face the problem of high occupancy or even a fully booked situation, please let us know in order to provide you a maximum of help in your home away from home.
Have an excellent summer season and many success within your business activities. Best personnel regards. Detlef F. Linder, your host

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here after returning from a business trip to Berne with an early morning flight back. Given how expensive the area is I was very pleased with the 160CHF price. The hotel is only 2km away from the airport/airport station. This will cost you 16-20CHF by taxi. The shuttle is quite infrequent and also is not free (I think it was 8CHF) so taxi is best. Hotel was clean and friendly. Front desk check-in was a bit slow and understaffed. Bed was hard Euro type but I had a good nights rest anyway. Had a drink at the bar which was fine but no food so can't comment on that aspect. Overall I'd recommend the Dorint for proximity and price!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Detlef L, Geschäftsführer at Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your comments send on the Tripadvisor and having the audiance participating on your good experience made. We do appreciate your various comments not only for the special rate given, but also in regards to the shuttle service, which indeed is linked to a time schedule, making it a little less flexible than basically the use of a taxi. Nevertheless, we have made sure that the same company is offering both services at the same time, allowing any guest to use the taxi, according their need, although clearly more expensive than the shuttle bus to the Airport. We are all wishing you an excellent summer and hope to see you soon again at the Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich. Berst personnel regards. Detlef F. Linder, General Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at this brand new hotel close to Zurich Airport. Everything is nice and clean, friendly staff and a good bar where we watched a football match. For me the mattresses were a bit too hard but probably since everything is brand new. Will definately return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
first of all, let me thank you very much for your time taken to place your evaluation on Tripadvisor. We are really pleased that you have made an excellent experience and like the audiance to participate on this really marvelous 2 days during your stay in Zurich. Sure we will still work on further improvements and hope you will already during your next visit to Zurich seeing some of those being transformed into reality. Wishing you an excellent summer season and all the best for your business development.
Best personnel regards. Detlef F. Linder, your host

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Value: I felt expensive in terms of quality/price (I paid nealry CHF 300 for a night) but got apparently an upgrade for free
Sleep quality: being a new hotel, the bed is new and the room is confortable
Clean: it is definetely clean (nothing to say about it)
Service: more effort need to be made - for instance I waited for more than an hour to have someone coming to my room to replace a light bulb and even had to call them twice for reminding them
Fitness: rather small but with new machines. Expected to have TVs. A pool would have been definetely a plus.
Location: good for people working at Opfikon or commuting to the airport (take the tram as they have every 7minutes and it take you a couple of minutes - avoid the shuttle bus which is not convenient). Not recommended for people travelling or working downtown ZH
Restaurant: the food was really good

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Detlef L, Geschäftsführer at Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your time to send your personnel view. We appreciate your comments and shall look into some of the details, in particular the TV on the fitness equipment, which will be connected within the next week to offer a better service, while using the equipment. In regards to the food & beverage, we really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again during your next stay. It is always very much appreciated to see objective comments giving us the possibility to improve our services and standards, in particular to a new property needing some fine tuning and adjustments in the beginning.
Wishing you an excellent season and much success for your business activities.
Best personnel regards. Detlef F. Linder, General Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I would describe this hotel as a transit hotel, no frills. Definitely one of the worst pillows I have slept on and the bed wasnt much better. I personally would not stay here again however its not all bad as it is clean and new and not badly priced.

Service was good despite house keeping not replacing the coffee and bathroom towel (this was not factored into my rating and is merely a comment)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Detlin, Geschäftsführer at Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
first of all let me thank you for having chosen the Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich for your business trip in Zurich. We have noted some of your critical comments, which indeed shall make subject of improvements during our first efforts to implement our services on higher standard in this hotel. We do appreciate your feedback very much, as especially in a brand new hotel many smaller changes will secure an enjoyable stay not only for yourself, but to all the future guests at our property. Wishing you an excellent and successful business trip and a save trip back home.
Best personnel regards
Detlef F. Linder, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Opfikon
Movenpick Hotel Zurich-Airport
Novotel Zurich Airport Messe
Swissotel Zurich
Swissotel Zurich
#34 of 137 in Zurich

Been to Dorint Airport Hotel Zurich? Share your experiences!