My wife and I spent two nights here returning from a business trip with an extra day for sightseeing in Zurich. This is an off-site airport hotel, not in the city center, but the transportation to both is easy. The shuttle bus runs from the Arrivals 2 Hotel Bus pickup area to the hotel on a regular schedule. No need to call, just show up. It is about a 3 minute ride from the airport to the Hotel, and like all transportation in Switzerland, it runs on time so don't be late. From the airport there is a train to the city center that takes 10 minutes.
The room was first rate. All the amenities you would expect of a business class hotel in a major city. Big comfortable bed, television in multiple languages, high quality internet, even universal electrical outlets at the desk so you don't need an adapter.
The executive lounge for Hilton Honors members serves breakfast, and a light dinner every evening and provides a meeting room for small meetings at other times. If you have an early flight on the weekend, you can still get the free breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
The only complaint I had was that there were no electrical outlets beside the bed, but I found that they were hidden in the built in nightstand. You have to pull out a cover inside the shelf to expose the outlets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The HILTON ZURICH AIRPORT, a 4-star superior hotel, awarded the Swiss Quality Seal Level II, is situated just five minutes from Zurich's international airport and 15 minutes from downtown with its popular lakeside promenade, the old town and many cultural attractions. Direct access to the highway, the proximity to public transportation, the business district, the trade show venue and to the Hallenstadion make the HILTON ZURICH AIRPORT the ideal starting point for your business or leisure trips. Enjoy a relaxing stay in one of the 323 modernly furnished rooms and suites. The spacious rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV, WiFi access, MP3 alarm clock and comfortable serenity beds, and are at least 25 m² in size. Twenty-five bright meeting and event rooms equipped with state-of-the-art technology and capacities ranging up to 260 people are also available to you. With a flexible conference area of 1360 m2 and a range of business facilities, the hotel is the ideal location that allows you to efficiently and effectively host different events regardless of whether they are for business or pleasure. We also have an executive lounge, airport shuttle service (chargeable) and 250 parking spaces. In the entire hotel our guests can use the complimentary WiFi access. The fitness club is open 24 hours a day and has the latest training equipment, a sauna and a steam bath. For guests who prefer to go jogging, a scenic route runs behind the hotel that leads through forests and has breathtaking views of the Swiss Alps. International cuisine and Swiss specialties are served in the Horizon10 Restaurant featuring a show kitchen. Panorama-Brunches can be enjoyed every Sunday. The Lobby-Bar is the ideal place to enjoy a cocktail, a snack or a glass of quality wine whilst taking in fabulous views over Northern Zurich. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Zurich Airport Hotel Opfikon
- Hilton Hotel Zurich Airport
- Hilton Opfikon
- Opfikon Hilton
- Hilton Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich, Switzerland