“Great Hotel, 5 minutes from your check in gate” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Zurich Airport

Hilton Zurich Airport
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Opfikon
Tennessee
“Great Hotel, 5 minutes from your check in gate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here returning from a business trip with an extra day for sightseeing in Zurich. This is an off-site airport hotel, not in the city center, but the transportation to both is easy. The shuttle bus runs from the Arrivals 2 Hotel Bus pickup area to the hotel on a regular schedule. No need to call, just show up. It is about a 3 minute ride from the airport to the Hotel, and like all transportation in Switzerland, it runs on time so don't be late. From the airport there is a train to the city center that takes 10 minutes.

The room was first rate. All the amenities you would expect of a business class hotel in a major city. Big comfortable bed, television in multiple languages, high quality internet, even universal electrical outlets at the desk so you don't need an adapter.

The executive lounge for Hilton Honors members serves breakfast, and a light dinner every evening and provides a meeting room for small meetings at other times. If you have an early flight on the weekend, you can still get the free breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

The only complaint I had was that there were no electrical outlets beside the bed, but I found that they were hidden in the built in nightstand. You have to pull out a cover inside the shelf to expose the outlets.

1 Thank TinySwimmer
Hiltonzurichairport, General Manager at Hilton Zurich Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your stay at the Hilton Zurich Airport and your very nice comment on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have gladly shared your nice feedback with our team. Such comments are very motivating and encouraging. Thank you.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the Hilton Zurich Airport.
Michael Reinhardt, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very nice hotel in a convenient location to the Zurich airport.
Staff are very nice
Restaurant is good but service is a bit lax.
Rooms are very nice and spacious. My room faced the city and it was quite comfortable and quiet.
If you are looking for central Zurich, this is not the hotel for you unless you are up for communing. It is however exceptional for air travel

Room Tip: Ground level is 4 so if you want a nice view select a room 5 and above
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele O
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your stay at the Hilton Zurich Airport and your comment on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that you generally enjoyed your stay and our location.
We regret that we could not fully meet your expectations regarding the service at our Market Place Restaurant. Please accept our apologies.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the Hilton Zurich Airport.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The staff, and the hotel accommodations continue to surpass my expectations. It has been close to a year since we've been to Zurich. Prior to this recent trip 3/27-3/30, we stayed at this Hilton once a week every month. I figured returning after a year that many things might change, but I was so wrong.
They've continued to improve/update the facilities (which was fine before) but more importantly continued to be great at Hospitality. Whats best is there was a warm smile from every staff member-who were all quite attentive to our needs. As busy as the general manager, Michael, was he never seem to forget a face a name and followup to ensure everything is going fine.

Silvie, as always was wonderful. If you ever need help doing anything she the person to contact. I appreciate her wanting to put breakfast aside knowing I always miss it ..(we do event during the night, get in at 5am & she noticed that we always seem to miss the breakfast time)
Stefanie (nice person/great personality) and the Front team were great!

Again the room was comfortable, the grounds were well kept, the close proximity to the huge jogging park/Trails-great, the gym/sauna-great, etc...but for me its the Hospitality of the staff that I appreciate and will continue to return to the Hilton on top of the Hill in Zurich.
Especially if you plan on visiting Zurich often this is the place--great to stay somewhere that everyone know's your name..and all seem genuine to cater to your needs..

1 Thank Julian P
Hiltonzurichairport, General Manager at Hilton Zurich Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay . Your nice feedback has been gladly shared with our team. Thank you very much.
We are looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the Hilton Zurich Airport and thank you for your loyalty.
Ringoes, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a very nice hotel which is close to the airport, less than a 10 minute ride. Accomadations are very nice and would recommend staying at this hotel. Cost is reasonable compared to other hotels in Switzerland

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Don D
Colorado, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

very poor staff in the restaurant. The Executive lounge was like a drunk tank. I stuggle to see how this is an executive lounge. Food was fair and the staff uninterested in service. Drunks coming home was also a very special treat. Nice to wake up to that.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest
We very much regret that we could not meet all of your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the exceptional lapse in service at our Market Place Restaurant as well as the temporary atmosphere in our Executive Lounge. We have taken corrective actions and will also intensify our internal control procedures.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the Hilton Zurich Airport in order to show you our true Hilton hospitality and standards.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Was there for a conference, and my very basic room cost over $400 a night, which was outrageous, not to mention the standard of the room and the front desk service. Despite having a reservation confirmation, when I arrived I was told the hotel was sold out. The front desk assistant offered no alternative hotel and would not even make a recommendation. He completely dismissed me and I had to seek out management to have the issue resolved; and, I did, in fact, have a reservation. Perhaps I should have gone to another hotel when the issue arose because I was put in a room where you couldn't see out the window, because condensation had formed between the two panes of glass. Also, the forestry service were doing work so a chain saw was going outside my window from before 7 am each morning until late into the evening. The non-smoking room also smelled of smoke. The front desk staff wanted to know nothing about any of it. The hotel also does not have any kind of small convenience store - though does have a designer perfume store if that is of interest.
The only upside of the stay was that the food was good - breakfast was included (but everything else was overpriced), and the restaurant service staff and room service staff were very nice. Also, the hotel affords easy access to the city of Zurich by taking the hotel's shuttle to the airport (which has a regular schedule and ran on time), and then taking a train which is only 10 minutes.
If the conference I attended is held there again I will stay somewhere else and travel to the hotel daily.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Hiltonzurichairport, General Manager at Hilton Zurich Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest
We very much regret that we could not meet your expectations in various areas. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the exceptional lapses regarding your check-in, the service at Front Desk, the smell of smoke and the temporary forest works (done by the city of Opfikon) which obviously do not reflect our usually high service standards which you can rightfully expect at a Hilton Hotel. We have taken corrective actions and will also intensify our internal control procedures.
We have also noted your suggestion for a small convenience store for future reviews.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the Hilton Zurich Airport in order to show you our true Hilton hospitality and standards.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I am on business trip in zurich to attend Basel world exhibition so choose to stay in this conveniently located hilton zurich hotel. I stayed four days and everything goes well, except on my last day there on 29 March 2014. I have some urgent documents to print so i head to the business center at 10am. Something wrong with their printing system (error message: PTS10108) n that i cannot manage so i asked for help from their duty manager Marco [--] who is on duty at the front desk. I am expecting which i was told earlier by another staff that i cud email them the documents and have them printed out on my behalf. Since there is a quene at the front desk, Marco called a lady in the executive lounge, amd directed me to the lady Sylvie [--] to help. His manner and facial expression is telling that 'dont border me, cant u see me i am busy, ask someone else!' This is ok as long as i get assistance n get things fixed. So i walked to the lounge area immediately and expected Sylvie to help, and she knows what's going on with Marco just gave her a call. When i arrive and ask to help printing the documents, and show her the system error message, she just shrugged n said' i donno why it is not working, this is not the business centre, but then u cud try out the printing there' pointing to the pc printer at the corner.' After that line, she expected that thing is fixed then ignore me. OMG!! What's going on here!!! I am so angry!! She's not offering assistance at all!!! from the front desk to the executive lounge....If i cud make it and if your system is working, i dont need to ask for assistance. Sylvie just keep saying she doesnt understand what i want, and keep saying i have to work it out with the pc n printer there. I asked if i cud email her the documents to print for me, she just keep saying 'i donno what you mean, and this is not a business centre.' Is this something that difficult to understand? Or simply do not want to help? All along , both attitude of Marco n Sylvie is not friendly and helpful at all. What kind of service is that? Just that i walked out angrily from the executive lounge n back to the front desk, i was told i could email them the documents for printing. In a very unfriendly tone, Sylvie emphasised that 'WE ARE HELPING YOU.' Being an HHonour member, and expected quality service for Hilton, i am asking for assistance when needed, is that something i should not requested being the hotel guest? i just feel that i am asking something very unbearable, that should not be entertained, and should be ignored immediately. I feel so annoyed, mostly disappointed for this kind of ill customer service at a Hilton hotel!

Yet this is not the end of the story. When all the pages are printed, Sylvie expected me to pay right away. I insisted to check first before i made the payment, just to make sure all the pages are there. Unexpectedly, i have a check and found that 7 pages are missing, and 11 pages are repeated!!! What kind of service is that again!! This is completely a waste of time. I am expecting all the pages are printed out properly. Being a frequent business traveller, this is truely the worst service i ever experienced. It is first of all, poor customer service. And worst of all, not professional. It completely ruined the name 'Hilton'.

I am really very very disappointed. Just a simple printing request due to their internal system error, the guest was being fooled around in the lobby from 945am till 11am by two unprofessional Hilton staff. Definitely i wont stay in this Hilton in my future business trip.

Yet, i have to give special thanks to Hanna who is on duty that morning, while i am being ignored and feeling helpless on my simple request first by Marco follow by Sylvie, Hanna helps to fix the mess like print out the missing pages in a helpful and prompt manner at the later time. Finally, i got all the 30 pages properly printed after 1 and a half hour.

I feel so bad that my zurich business trip experience is being ruined by the unprofessional customer service at this airport hotel. Apart from the scenic view of zurich, this bad experience is something that is unforgettable too.

I sincerely hope that Hilton could provide more customer service trainings to the frontline staff, esp the Duty Manager grade ones to meet up professional service as the name Hilton should deliver.

Very disappointing guest
Mimi

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hiltonzurichairport, General Manager at Hilton Zurich Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest
We very much regret that we could not meet your expectations in regards to the helpfulness and friendliness of two of our Front Desk team members. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the exceptional lapses which obviously do not reflect our usually high service standards which you can rightfully expect at a Hilton Hotel. We can very well understand your disappointment, also concerning the quality of the print in the first instance. Such kind of basic and simple service like printing the complete 30 pages in the right order should certainly not take longer than maximum 10 minutes. We have taken corrective actions and as you correctly suggest we will also intensify our regular customer service trainings at Front Desk. On the other hand we would like to thank you for your nice feedback regarding Hanna which has been gladly shared with her.
Michael Reinhardt, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Opfikon
Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,108 reviews
Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection
Novotel Zurich Airport Messe
Park Inn by Radisson Zurich Airport

Been to Hilton Zurich Airport? Share your experiences!