We stayed at the hotel for one night as we missed our flight and Swiss had to rebook us for the following day. The hotel is next to the airport which was great as we had an early flight so we managed to have breakfast and then leave to catch our flight. There is a direct underground link straight to the terminals.
The hotel is modern, mostly business oriented and it has some great facilities. The rooms are spacious, soundproofed and with everything you would need during your stay. I would question why you need to have a window between the bathroom and the bedroom, but it could just be me!
The food at the restaurant was extremely good and we enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. The quality is high, there is a lot to choose from and portions are more than adequate.
The bar was nice too and there was a nice atmosphere with a general buzz. Sometimes, in airport hotels the whole thing can be a bit drab, but that was not the case here.
The staff were very nice and helpful, always there to suggest a nice wine or accommodate your needs. They genuinely cared.
The only criticism would be the cost of everything. Dinning and drinking at the hotel is expensive, but then again, the whole country is expensive.
Overall, a very pleasant experience and a highly recommended hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport is located just a few steps away from the arrival and departure areas of Zurich Airport. This enables the guest to be at the check-in area within minutes. Guests can also benefit from 69 parking spaces with direct access to the 8th floor. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport provides its guests 4018m2 of meeting and event space consisting of 52 Meeting and Board Rooms spread over three floors. The hotel offers Switzerland's most comprehensive range of services for multi-day conventions and conferences, as well as for smaller meetings lasting from a few hours up to a whole day. The hotel's largest room - ballroom - 'Zurich', located on the first floor with an area of 800m2, can be divided into four sections and can host up to 600 people. The spacious foyer has a spectacular view overlooking the Wine Tower.Modern hotel design in a class of its own, in the styles 'Chic', 'Fresh' and 'At Home' offered by the 330 hotel guest rooms which include the six one-bedroom 'Charme' suites and the spacious presidential suite.A spectacular highlight in the atrium lobby is the 16-meter high Wine Tower itself, which can be stocked with up to 4000 bottles of wine and champagne. All meeting delegates and hotel residents enjoy free high speed internet access in the whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport Hotel Opfikon
- zürich Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich, Switzerland