“Excellent”

The Villa Brasserie
Ranked #46 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The 19th Century Villa - The Villa Brasserie, Wine Bar and Terraces is overlooking the picturesque Bay of Balluta, St Julian's Valletta. The Terraces are split into 2 open spaces also ideal for Weddings and Functions. The atmosphere is homely as if you are dining in your own private villa and gardens. It is an uncomplicated and pleasant service with great music. Hope to see you soon
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've been here a few times. I had my bday party, venue is amazing, party food was excellent and service was also great. They are very helpful and very professional. We went to Easter lunch and the food was amazing from start to finish, price was very reasonable. We had a few cocktails at the bar after, and these too were good. On a nice day it is a brilliant place to go for lunch

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived in Malta around dinner time and set up reservations ahead of time. The inside of the restaurant was closed, and the lights were off. However, the patio was set up and we would have chosen to sit out there regardless.

The fresh fish was amazing, the Sea Bass was perfectly cooked in a great light sauce. The price is reasonable for the quality of the food. The atmosphere was quiet, perfect for an intimate dinner.

The only negative was the service. There was only one waitress, and she seemed to be overloaded with what seemed like only a few tables. She was very friendly and helpful when she was at our table, but her stops were infrequent.

1  Thank ryanomarra
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I held my wedding reception at the villa in September 2012. It was arranged easily through a few emails and phone calls. I must admit I was a little nervous as we were booking it solely on the website and reviews online. We arrived in Malta (5 days before the wedding) and went to visit the owner (Chris) and events manager (Michelle). Any nerves I had instantly vanished as the venue was fabulous and Chris and Michelle couldn't have done enough for us.

We had 32 guests outside on the terrace on one large table and a delicious 4 course meal. The villa offer a number of excellent value drinks packages and their function menus are very flexible. Our guests had a fantastic time, the venue, food, drinks and staff were all top notch.

I would definitely recommend a trip to the Villa - we will definitely be returning next time we are in Malta :)

3  Thank Kris85
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We chose this restaurant for our last night on the island as with an early start the next day we wanted something handy. It is very handy for Le Meridien. The menu looked exciting and we were not disappointed. Although quiet the ambiance was good and the attention to detail excellent. As for the food it was our best meal on the island. It was not cheap but compared with other, similar venues it was well worth it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The restaurant is very nicely decorated, more modern than most in Valetta, but the food is excellent, that is to say, the starters and the main courses.. The deserts were not exactly to our taste, but we were rather late, so not all deserts on the menu were available, wine very good, their after dinner drinks lovely..