“Feel royal, have a Thai banquet on the terrace” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant
Ranked #14 of 301 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Blue Elephant is a tranquil oasis of waterfalls, luscious greenery and tropical flowers. Smiling, friendly staff and the best Royal Thai Cuisine in Malta guarantees a memorable visit. Fresh fruits and herbs and also tons of orchids are flown in weekly direct from Thailand. Blue Elephant Malta offers you the possibility to reserve your own special space in this magnificent restaurant. Here you can surprise your guests in a unique atmosphere in our private huts. Blue Elephant can cater for a variety of occasions such as: Intimate Dining, Private Parties, Wedding Parties, Conference Dinners and many others….From the moment you step in the restaurant, you will be transported to the lands of the East. The waterfall, the landscaping and the seating will certainly carry you far, far away. Savour mouth-watering delicacies prepared from authentic Thai ingredients and forgotten centuries old recipes from the Royal Palace.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Feel royal, have a Thai banquet on the terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Usually I'm not so fond of Asian cuisine, but the atmosphere of the Blue Elephant brought me in the mood. Started with a delicious cocktail and followed by the Royal Thai Banquet menu. The Royal Thai Banquet menu is a menu consisting of different starters, main courses and desserts. This menu let's you experience all kinds of different thai food, so you don't have to choose. The service was excellent. Very friendly Thai staff as you are expecting in such a restaurant. Ask for a table outside on the terrace to have a nice view at marina and chique yachts.

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

On arriving at our table, we were greeted with a cocktail menu. As we had not been able to secure a reservation before 10 pm, we had already enjoyed a cocktail in the Hilton bar and were ready to eat! It took 20 mins for the menu and wine list to be presented. My husband ordered a bottle of wine, only to be served with a glass of wine, after another 20 minute delay. We complained to the manager as the Thai table staff although very polite, were not sufficiently trained to deal with issues when a table was not running to plan. Finally the botle we ordered was served 45 minutes after we arrived. Food was good but the experience was spoilt by the level of service.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor experience at the Blue Elephant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Through reviews and advertisements and being located at Hilton, I always considered the Blue Elephant as a high class restaurant. Being a special occasion, my husband's 30th birthday, I booked a table for 2 at this restaurant and was very looking forward to give him the surprise and enjoy the whole restaurant experience. However although I must say the ambience, food and staff/service were very good I must point out 2 things which made me feel upset and both of us said we will never come back here again:

- it was too hot inside like there was no air-condition and I don't expect such a restaurant without a/c. I could see the other people feeling the same by their gestures and when I told the waitresses about the matter they told me that since there are the doors open for the tables that are outside, they can't do anything about it. But it can't be like that in mid-August in Malta when it is superhot!

- also we had a small table near the bridge (ok abt that) but the table legs were narrower than the table top and there was this intersection in the middle of the table underneath, where you can't sit properly and eat because there is no space were to put your legs!! My husband which is average tall couldn't eat properly and had to put one one leg inside the table and the other outside the table!! Even I felt uncomfortable that I'm less tall so I can imagine. Sounds funny but it is unbelievable considering the level of restaurant they try to market!!

Was so upset that these basic matters were missing that I said to myself 'spending so much to feel uncomfortable for the whole experience no-way!! there are many other less 'poshy' restaurants which offer very good food and service, were you pay less and at least you eat in a fresh, relaxing and comfortable setting... '

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Claire C
Brussels, Belgium
“Not the best dinner ever, but okay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I liked the cocktails and the starter, but my main dish wasn't my cup of tea! Next time I'd play safe!

Visited July 2014
Sliema, Malta
“Best Thai Food in Malta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

I'm a big fan of Thai food and this did not disappoint. We opted for the Banquet menu and I can safely say we did not go hungry...

What was great about the Banquet Menu though was the fact we could try a bit of everything, it had alot of variety and we tried things we may not have tried if picking from a menu. (The fish salad during the starter was really great)

This restaurant has great service unlike many places in Malta and has a great ambience. At the Blue Elephant its more like an experience than a restaurant.

They had an extensive wine menu and had one of my favourite Rose wines "Beringer".

Overall the Food, Service, Setting, Value was in a league all of its own.

Shall definitely be going back soon.

Delectable