“Excellent food and service”
Review of Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant
Ranked #17 of 314 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Blue Elephant is a tranquil oasis of waterfalls, luscious greenery and tropical flowers. Smiling, friendly staff and the best Royal Thai Cuisine in Malta guarantees a memorable visit. Fresh fruits and herbs and also tons of orchids are flown in weekly direct from Thailand. Blue Elephant Malta offers you the possibility to reserve your own special space in this magnificent restaurant. Here you can surprise your guests in a unique atmosphere in our private huts. Blue Elephant can cater for a variety of occasions such as: Intimate Dining, Private Parties, Wedding Parties, Conference Dinners and many others….From the moment you step in the restaurant, you will be transported to the lands of the East. The waterfall, the landscaping and the seating will certainly carry you far, far away. Savour mouth-watering delicacies prepared from authentic Thai ingredients and forgotten centuries old recipes from the Royal Palace.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hadn't booked but turned up by chance. Plenty of room, shown to a table straight away and drinks orders taken immediately.
We had a wonderful set meal, the meat and fish were cooked just right and we were able to order extra dishes as required.
The meal was finished off with a bowl of fresh fruit and ice cream.
Attentive service throughout.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank LongTallJ
MaltaHilton, Manager at Blue Elephant, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear LongTallJ,

Thank you so much for your positive review of our Blue Elephant Restaurant. I am very glad that you enjoyed your meal and that the team looked after you so well.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Zuid Holland
“Contact page - for what?”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Tried to arrange a family dinner from abroad. Send more than once via their email. Not one single reply! Thanks Blu elephant!

Visited November 2013
Dear Sierra_Foxtrod,

My sincerest apologies for the lack of communication on our part. I did test out or ‘contact page’ system to establish if there were any technical issues with it, of which I found none, the problem would appear to have been human error.

Should wish to contact us again for any reason please do use my personal e-mail address. euan.phillips@hilton.com

Sannat, Malta
“Special occasion”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Ate here while we were staying at the Hilton. The food was very good and not your normal Thai food. But I know the restaurant was very busy but the service was very slow but the staff are very helpful and friendly. My only other complaint was that we had booked a table about a month in advance but ended up on a table right in a corner. Its not cheap here but good for a special occasion.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank fabslb
Dear SarahB5,
Thank you for your thoughts and feedback after your recent visit. We greatly value client comments whether positive or negative, as it gives us the opportunity to review of procedures when necessary. Your comments about the speed of service have been noted and discussed with our Restaurant Manager.
Mellieha, Malta
“Saturday night at the best dining place:)”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just amazing:) it was my first time tasting thai food it was so good its really filling , the staff are really friendly and helpful at all times. The atmosphere it feels like you are Thailand . I ve got more to say they left me speechless It wasn't such a great service. I really recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
MaltaHilton, Manager at Blue Elephant, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear tizianm27,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent visit with us.
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your evening so much, and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the restaurant again in the near future.
UK
“I realise how spoilt I am in the uk”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We came here while on hols for a taste of Thai food which the whole family love back home in the UK. We have been the the Blue elephant in Fulham a while back, too and it was fairly special.

This place is another fail for Maltese catering... Maybe the low wages don't attract the required skill levels. The service was so unfriendly and aloof. The food was at best average although presentation was good. I think I am just spoiled in the UK with good quality Thai food being the norm.

The prices were shameful for what we got.

Come on, get someone in to improve the service.. make this place enjoyable please! And really really... please get a Thai chef to check over the kitchens!

Visited October 2013
Dear chappers8,

Whilst it is never pleasant to read a poor review, the team and I are convinced this type of information is critical to our continual improvement. We do usually receive very high praise for our team members friendliness from guests I will however discuss your comments with our restaurant manager. Our entire kitchen team is made up of Thai nationals specifically to ensure we retain that authenticity in our food offering.
I am sorry that your evening did not live up to your expectations and please do feel free to contact me directly euan.phillips@hilton.com should you wish to discuss your experience in greater detail.