“Excellent Fish But!”

Ranked #65 of 327 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here you can taste the TRUE TRADITION OF NAPLES. What are you waiting for? Come and visit us!!! The friendliness, kindness and professionalism are waiting for you!
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Having had a light lunch in Valetta earlier we were looking for a venue with some fish choices and decided on this restaurant. Having selected our choices we were then told that 2 of them were not available, along with some other dishes although as we weren't choosing those it didn't really matter too much, although of those not available for us I would have considered courgette and spinach a staple of an Italian kitchen! The service was efficient and friendly, although a little rushed at times. We both chose the grilled fish that was presented to us and removed from the bone at our table by the waiter and was absolutely delicious, top marks to the chef. The side dishes we selected following an enforced change are extra and I did feel that whilst the fish was the star of the show it was priced a bit too high. Although we viewed the desert menu this was just a laminated booklet of frozen Nestle offerings, again most of which we were advised were not available, and of the remaining 9/10, 4 of these were children's deserts in various Disney guises, so we passed and went for coffees. Overall the food was delicious and extremely well cooked, but somewhat let down by unavailabilities and a slight sense of when we had finished our meal that it was time to leave. If you enjoy well cooked food and especially fish then would happily recommend, but not for desert lovers. As a tip when the menu arrives ask what is no longer available, as this may need a re-think.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The people who rated this below a 5 must have eaten at the wrong restaurant. My boyfriend and I ate here 4 nights of our 7 night stay in St Julian's. The service was outstanding, it was impeccably clean and stylish and the food, considering my boyfriend doesn't like Italian food, he ate his plate clean every single night. Every night we ate here we ordered the €22 three course set menu, which was such good value for money and had a lot of variety. You definitely won't go hungry here, the portion sizes are ridiculous! €22 for a massive pasta starter, 400g Rib-Eye Steak and a yummy dessert, which even though certain things weren't on the set menu, the waiters went out of their way to get it for us. This restaurant really stood out for us, if you stay in St. Julian's, you must go here, exceptional family run restaurant :) I can't believe people rate this below a 5, the best restaurant I have been to in a very long time!! (Oh, and the review below me, all the waiters/owners/managers are male and the menu is in Italian, with English translation below...) We had no problems with this all week, I can't write enough about this other than you must try this!!

2  Thank 590Member
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Visited this restaurant in May with 3 friends, all I can say is the food was disgraceful. My 3 friends ordered some tomato pasta stuff, unfortunately the menu was not in English (strange for a tourist area) so a member of staff translated and they picked this dish...it looked like a child's plate of pasta or a very very poor cheesy pasta..cheesy pasta was more tasty...I had a seafood dish and most of the tiny mussels were missing from the shells....we complained and they advised no charge for meal, when we declined another dish she persuaded us to get spaghetti bolognese, this dish appeared on one big sharing plate for the 3 of them, all you could taste was salt! When we advised the waitress of this her attitude then changed from friendly to stroppy. There was hardly any sauce either it was rank....they then tried to charge for the spaghetti bolognese that she persuaded us to try in the first place....we ended up paying for our starters, drinks and the salty spaghetti bolognese plus my dish....I can't understand why anyone would say this place is fabulous as the food is well below standard and over priced, as someone else commented it looks nice from the outside

4  Thank Showbizshaz5
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very striking appearance from the exterior so we decided to give it a go. This was our second trip to St Julians so we had tried quite a few restaurants. This one is over priced for what you get both in food and service. Everywhere looks so clean but was horrified to see a cockroach in the ladies. Question is where else are they? Loads of better places to eat so will definitely not be back.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Visited this restaurant last night - June 21st 2014. It is the fifth night of our stay in Malta. So far all the restaurants we have eaten in have been excellent until now. Ordered a rib eye steak which had quite a lot of fat on it...very boring side salad .no steak knife...no paper in the gents..bill was the dearest so far and was wrong..got it sorted but was still the most expensive place. Not a problem if you get what you pay for, we didn't. very disappointing compared to all the other places we ate.

1  Thank Popeye849995