Hotel Valentina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sun And Fun Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Free Internet
Alexandra Hotel Malta(Saint Julian's)
  • Pool
DDream Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Bar/Lounge
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Hilton Malta(Saint Julian's)
Spinola Hotel(Saint Julian's)
2,107 results
All reviewsavenue restaurantfree mini bargreat hotelrooftop poolmodern hotelwelcome drinkquiet streetseparate toiletshower roombreakfast was excellentthree starst julianssmall balconyenjoyed my stayair conditioningrestaurants and barsnight life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as it was close to and recommended by the scuba diving company I dived with (Divewise). This will be a boring review as I agree with all the great reviews posted by others. The breakfast buffet was simple but had many nice touches that I wouldn't expect (cakes, pies, hot chocolate, fresh fruits and veggies) from a hotel in this price range. The room was very modern (took me a while to find the doors for the bath and toilet) and seriously clean. The floors in my room were tile, so a bit cold on the feet, but nicer than stained carpets I think. The towels were softer than those in a five star Malta hotel I also stayed at. The wifi in my room was fine and even the outlets were universal so I didn't need an adaptor for my computer. The hotel is in the heart of Saint Julian's so very easy to go out at night. They have a couple nice macs in the lobby and a very nice library too. The one thing they need to address is their printer. I wanted to print my airline boarding pass but a few of the front desk people said to wait for the morning staff. I did that and they too were not sure about how to get the printer to work -- need to get some printer use guide set up for the staff and clientele. The boarding pass would have saved me a good bit of time waiting in line.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and luckily got one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank bikeboardride
HotelValentina, General Manager at Hotel Valentina, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Contributor

Thank you so much for your review and comments. Just a small clarification please - I agree perfectly that carpets are not hygenic, and that is why we have used non-slip ceramic tiles everywhere. We also acknowledge that putting one's warm feet on a cold floor is not a pleasurable experience! So we provide all clients with both throw away slippers and rugs on request, but confess this is not very clear to our guests.

We will take steps to clarify the situation.

Many thanks

Jeffrey Cutajar

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in the Valentina 26th Feb - 5 March this is a very chic boutique style hotel the interior design throughout is very bright and futuristic. From the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming, cheerful and helpful. Our room was a superior double and was again very well designed for light and comfort. The view we had was over the courtyard and other accomodation but this did not bother us on this trip as this hotel is on a side street so we had expected a city break type view. The bed is amazing the best we have ever slept in on holiday. The television is massive as are all thoughtout the hotel if you want to catch up on your soaps! you can as they have ITV and BBC. Wifi is free so ask at reception for access when you arrive to benefit from it there is also a lounge type area in reception where you can go on one of the two computers.There seemed to be only breakfast catered for during our stay and was your usual choice of hot or cold food however the coffee for me was what I looked forward proper perculated coffee. The hotel is in a good location close to local shops, bars and restaurants. A short walk will take you to Paceville the local nightlife area (no noise but it was Feb/Mar) and a small shopping centre is there. We ate mostly in The Avenue a restuarant that is owned by the same family the food is fabulous and it was always busy especially on a Friday night as most locals seem to also enjoy this restaurant. As a hotel guest you will get a 10% discount card during your stay to use at the Avenue which is a nice gesture.Getting out and about is easy using the bus is cheap or you are can walk to Sliema along the promenade in 20-30 minutes. Shops in Sliema and Valleta are good and you will find most high street shops as well as quaint little boutiques. If you want to see more of the island use the hop on hop off buses we got round most of the island this way and also went to Gozo. If you are looking for a beach holiday this part of the island does not have many sandy beaches. There is a small sandy/shingle beach about 10-15 minute walk away. I have to tell you that refurbishment is still ongoing however this work did not interfere at all with our stay and most of the time you would not have even known it was happening. This hotel is a wee gem of a find. I think it is rated a 3* however the design and decor is much better than most 4* hotels we have stayed in. All the staff are very friendly from the reception staff, the bar staff, restaurant and not to forget the most appreciated staff who quietly keep your room fresh and clean during your stay and the rest of hotel is spotless. So all I will say now is thank you Hotel Valentina and The Avenue for making our visit to your beautiful country more enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GEC11_11
HotelValentina, Director of Sales at Hotel Valentina, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Apologies to all respondents that I have not replied to your comments earlier, but we are only 10 days away from opening the rest of the Valentina, so hope you forgive us this lack of response!

Thank you so much for your very kind comments - it is always a pleasure to hear that our efforts are bearing fruit, and most customers satisfied with our efforts. These comments are particularly gratifying in view of the fact that we are only operating at 80% efficiency - so extra thanks for putting up with the minor inconveniences!

I take this opportunity to thank as well all other respondents over these last few weeks for their input and effort - your comments and suggestions very much appreciated.

We look forward to hosting you again at the Valentina!

JP Cutajar

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent hotel and very good value for money. Modern design and spotlessly clean with good breakfast. Rooms are good sized. Friendly staff. The location is in the lively area of Paceville but (at least in March) didn't hear disturbing noises.

Pool opens from 1st of April.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JoKa1
Reviewed March 20, 2013

we stayed here on impulse as we had walked out of our pre booked hotel ,we were made welcome from the moment we walked in the hotel is spotless and the staff are all so friendly and helpful we realy cannot praise this hotel enough only bad part was having to leave

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

spent a very enjoyable week at the Valentina. The hotel is ultra-modern and spotlessly clean.Snow white towels.Room cleaned every day and bedding changed once during the week. Breakfast was lovely with a good variety. The staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple