I used to live on Malta in 2004, I have been there 4 times after. And I believe that the hotel has the best location on Malta. It is located In Pacheville, in heart of nightlife, surrounded by restaurants, shops. Supermarket (one of the biggest and best on Malta) is across the road, sea is 200 meters far, the large shopping centre (working until 22:00) is within 300 meters. Fast-food and night clubs are 300 meters away. Despite of that the hotel is quiet and comfortable. Hotel has view to Portomaso Tower, the only skyscraper at Malta and Hilton hotel.
Someone thinks that being at Malta you should live in Valletta since it is a capital. But there is absolutely nothing to do at Valletta after 20:00! The city is good for a day trip, but you won't find evening entertainment there. There is no beach also. From Pacheville you may reach Valletta by bus or taxi. For example we usually walk from Pacheville to Sliema and back by foot.
Do not expect 5 star room (you should go to Hilton than), but the room has everything the traveler needs. There are a fridge (remember, you have a supermarket across the road with plenty of wine, drinks and food), an air condition, a free Wi-Fi internet, a TV set with international channels. Some rooms have very nice balconies with tables and chairs for relaxing wine-sitting at evenings. Laundry service is also available on a very reasonable price.
Good pizzeria is located on the ground floor of the hotel. They use a real oven stoked up with firewood to make pizza. The breakfast was normal. I cannot say it was rich, but it wasn't meagre also.
The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We stayed for 7 nights in total, but in the middle of our stay we went to Gozo for a weekend stay. The hotel owner was kind enough to store our luggage during a weekend we have been at Gozo. Moreover we arrive to Malta 1 day later because of flight cancellation. The owner didn't charge us for that night! That does him credit.
My advise to stay at this hotel, rent a car and explore Malta by car. Don't forget to make a Gozo trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROKNA HOTEL is a three star hotel run by the Camilleri family. It is situated in the centre of Paceville, right opposite Hilton Hotel. Five minutes walk to the seaside, and within easy access to lidos with swimming and sports facilities, shops, restaurants, discos and the Casino. Paceville is in the heart of St. Julian's, and one of the most popular resorts in Malta. ROKNA HOTEL offers comfortable rooms overlooking the Hilton Portomaso grounds. Some rooms have a balcony. Each room is nicely decorated and has private facilities. Some have a bath, others a shower. All rooms are air conditioned and have cable/satellite TV and telephone direct dialing. WI-FI connection is available throughout the hotel at no extra cost. A lift service is available to all floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rokna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rokna Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Rokna Saint Julians
- Rokna Hotel Saint Julians
- Rokna Malta