“The tagline says it all - 'Passion for flavour'”
Review of Shakinah

Ranked #96 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 2 Hours Free Parking at the Meridien included. Shakinah presents Indian cuisine in an interesting selection of exquisitely prepared, colourful, individual yet separate dishes.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Heard through word of mouth of the opening of a new Arabic and Indian cuisine in St Julians.. After a brief and efficient phone call, lunch was confirmed. Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by the team and immediately took in the beautifully designed interior, as previously mentioned by a reviewer; elegant, yet practical in its design.

The menu presented to us seemed to leave nothing out! There is a huge choice of Indian and Arabic dishes and one of the owners of the restaurant took the time to explain certain dishes to us - a personal touch indeed! We chose to select an Indian selection as a starter and an Arabian grill as our main course. A North African wine only seemed correct to accompany our meal.

After we had made our way through the complimentary dips, we felt there was no way we could possible still have space for the courses we had ordered! Yet, when the food arrived, we were taken in by the rich aromas and the beautiful presentation! The food really is some of the best Indian & Arabic cuisine we've ever tasted and whilst some dishes are 'hot', they are not that 'burning hot' spice - hence retaining the flavour of the food, however if you wish for those hot dishes; I'm sure Shakinah will deliver.

All in all, it's a fantastic restaurant and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking authentic Arabic-Indian cuisine or 'something new' in the St. Julians region.

Suggested dish - Ruzz Lebanane

1  Thank Alex B
Shakinah_Malta, Guest Relations Manager at Shakinah, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your dining experience at Shakinah and we look forward to welcoming you back at our restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We heard of this new indian/arabian restaurant and gave it a try. I must say the experience was great and finally found a restaurnt that I can look forward to re-visiting.

Food selection is great and really looked forward to the arabian part. Indeed they have unusual items on the menu like pigeon and duck (arabian style). The wine list is also good with a selection from Morocco and Lebanon which makes the experience even better.

Weldone to the owners you will surely see us there again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Last saturday (1st June) my fiancee and I dined at Shakinah Restaurant for the first time and it was an excellent dining experience. I have been to other restaurants which serve Arabian and Indian food but this was definitely one of the best. The staff is great, and the food is the best I've had in quite some time. Also, timely service and good value for money. Well done and keep it up. will return again soon!

1  Thank Keith C

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It is a small but very distinct restaurant, nice atmosphere and we really enjoyed the lovely food.
We were there the 28.5.13 - second day they opened, it is a real insiders.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stumbled across this small but romantic restaurant with my wife on the way to Spinola bay. I have travelled quite extensively to North Africa and I must say that I would have never thought that I would find a place in Malta that will beat most of the Arabian dishes I have had in Africa hands down. My wife ordered from the Indian section of the menu and she was very pleased too. Great flavor, great taste, amazing choice of food, and very good value for money.

3  Thank Urbanzoom

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your romantic dining experience at Shakinah and we look forward to welcoming you back at our restaurant.