“I wish they would accept credit cards!”
Review of Margo's

Margo's
Ranked #151 of 314 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perfection. It is a strong, subjective, controversial and hard-to-define concept. But we are driven by that Holy Grail - to create the perfect pizza. Sometimes we get it right. No. Most times we get it right. Every single detail is taken care of. Leave nothing to chance. Every single pizza has to be a work of art. Every single pizza has to be a masterpiece. Every single pizza has to be as if it was your last pizza while on death row.
Toronto
“I wish they would accept credit cards!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Pizza was fine. I wish this restaurant would accept credit cards. My husband had the maltese and he loved it.

• Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Forget the insider reviews!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We live in malta and we know where to eat pizza ( the best in malta). However, we have been seeing this place for almost two years now with a very strong claim : "some says margo's is the best pizza in the world!" So, after two years we decided to take the challenge (our pizza place next door was closed) and give it a try. We ordered two different pizza to evaluate adequately. Unfortunately, both were abysmal, crudo and tonno. Even eating two pizzas together to make a real pizza didn't get there. By the way I normally don't write reviews, but after this great disappointment I had no choice but writing my first review. Absolutely don't be trapped by the claim " some says margo's is the best pizza in the world"! I guess " some" is margo himself. Go to other places in Malta if you want to have a real pizza place. Sorry guys this is just another tourist great marketing with very poor quality food and other delivery!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“modern and tasty”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Looks better inside than the downstairs door implies. Delicious thin pizza base, good wine choices and good advice from manager about Maltese flavours. Disappointed didn't get to enter the "draw the face of owner on the wine bottle " competition.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LMsept
London
“Poor Experience”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We visited Margo’s after believing the hype of this being a pizza not to be missed. With the rather boastful sign of Margo’s claiming to be the best pizza in the world our expectations were high.

When we walked into the establishment it was completely empty. Not only was it empty but we found the waiter to be rather arrogant. Most pizza places offer chips however when we asked for a side of chips we were told ‘this is an Italian restaurant, we do not do chips’ in a very rude manner.

We got past this and were waiting eagerly for the best pizza in the world. Unfortunately, it never showed up, I don’t know if we were unlucky or this is standard. I can honestly say it was the worst pizza I’ve ever had in a restaurant.

I can name 3 restaurants within 1km that offer pizza of a much higher standard. Will not be returning.

• Visited January 2014
“Best pizza on the island”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

True napoletanian style pizza, the best on the island for sure. You should try margherita pizza and chocolate mousse.