“Horrible experience”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A mess on all fronts. We went in because we did not know where to go and it was the biggest mistake we did in recent times. For starters the waitress forgot our starters. If that isn't annoying enough my deluxe burger tasted like carton and my wife's pasta was undercooked and the sauce was as bland as can be. Once we finished eating, which we did not since the food was abysmal I had to inform the waitress to remove the starters from the check since they did not even realize that we did not get it in the first place. In simple words this place is a disgrace.

2  Thank Guyver78

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We sat outdoors at this restaurant for a late Sunday meal. Service was terribly slow. The goat cheese app was unappetizing in appearance and taste. Luckily, our pizzas were quite good and satisfying. I tried a glass of the local white wine and should have chosen a foreign selection. Good for a slow pizza dinner.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

'Awful service, worse food'. Now I know what you're thinking; "that sounds a bit harsh". Well it might but frankly its as polite as I can be.

The place looks quite inviting from the outside but the 'odd undercurrent' in the room should have poot us off. We were hungry and our instincts to turn and run were obviously dulled.

Who ever runs it wants a sharp kick up the pants. The kitchen simply doesn't communicate with the front of house and the front of house has to pretend to customers that everything is fine despite knowing full well that the vast majority of food comes out of the kitchen lates (ours took 90 mins in a restaurant barely half full). The food on the neighboring table food managed to be simultaneously burn and cold - how does that happen?

I can only concur with another persons review here who said of their food "tasteless, flavourless, undercooked".

I had the worst rabbit dish that I have ever tasted despite it being pretty much the national dish of Malta. Else where it was tasty suculent and apetising. Here it was dry, bland and unappetizing. I asked our waitress why the same strange brown 'decorative' gloop/drizzle accompanied both the lamb dish, the prawns and my sons chicken?!?! "i've no idea, but I've often wondered that. um it does seem a bit odd doesn't it." she said. Odd? frankly it just confirmed by worst fears of the place. Clearly someone thinks that it looks pretty and has no idea that it tastes like a combination of brown sauce and black treacle.

The kitchen, the front of house and the management have no interest in whatever rubbish the pallid youths in the kitchen are sending out and the owner who did drift in and out behind the bar could clearly see the mayhem unfolding around the room but wasn't minded to do anything about it.

For the first time in a decade I found myself refusing to pay the full bill. I don't think I was alone and matters seemed no better through the whole of our week there judging by snippets we over heard from other holiday makers. We left rather less than half and still left feeling ripped off and hungry.

I honestly believe if this restaurant depended on repeat business rather than holidaymakers looking at the otherwise attractive exterior it would be shut in a month.

2  Thank Quite_interesting
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Dinner with family 2 adults and 1child, ordered one pizza and 2 pasta items. The pizza tasted like some sort of white gooey sauce on cardboard. The pasta dishes were tasteless, flavourless, undercooked. Paid €31, it was a complete rip-off

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Located below Pizza Hut, we decided to give this a try.
The pizza here was even cheaper than at Pizza Hut which surprised us.
And tasty, too...and LARGE! So far, no problems.

Atmosphere: when we came in, the TV was on (VH-1) which was fine, but after 15 minutes, one of the guys wanted to watch football, turned off the sound and put on a very irritating and disturbingly fast-lounge-cd which for us ruined it all.
No smiling welcome, no smiling service, and when we got the check, it took so long for the waitress to come back to our table that I went to the register and payed myself.

This restaurant could get so much more good grades of they started thinking about their clients first...not the food, the food is good.