“Much more then one would expect, tastes awesome”
Review of Sardinella

Sardinella
Ranked #103 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This restaurant was always known for good dishes be it pasta, pizza, grills or salads however under new management it seems an extra effort has made what you expect much more as I can confirm this after my visit yesterday, being part of a table of 35 people I noticed that the menu suited all however for those who would like an extra twist in their food this menu had exactly that, I tasted quiet a few items and can confirm they were fantastic, my sons burger was great made with good quality beef and fresh chips, I had a lovely mexican pizza which had all the chilis I expected plus great toppings however the best dish I tasted was from one of my friends on the table which was the rabbit tavioli with a sage sauce, my my this dish is awesome and apart from this there were many other mouth watering dishes which you wouldnt expect to find on the usual pasta pizza and grill menu so what can i say give it a try and you will definately agree with me.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was not so impressed by the newly owned restaurant,the service is rather unprofessional ,waiters kept on mixing things.The food was nothing special too ,I had a fillet costing Euro 23,was not the best I had as it was cut in half and looked like fried(probably dipped in oil to preserve for oxidation).I had stomach burns for a while after my meal.

At this point I cannot say much on the experience as the food was not up to my standards,including service and ambience.

The website is also a bit slow and unprofessional....overall I would give a 4 out of 10.

Thank you for reading and see you next time.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We ate here on 23.10.12. We were a bit hesitant because of poor reviews and it is on the side of a busy road, but everywhere else was full and it looked quite pretty. As it turned out, the road was easy to ignore, and by the second course we were wondering what the other reviewers were talking about...all seemed ok and the food was really good.

When we finished our mains, we sat for about half an hour trying to get someone's attention to order desserts and more wine...in the end we decided that if we ever get spoken to by the waiter again, we would have to ask for the bill because it could be our one and only chance! We did get the bill, and our night ended much earlier than expected!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We didn't want a big meal, just some pasta, and this looked OK from the menu, certainly plenty of choice and reasonable price so we took a table. To get away from the smokers we took a table near the entrance but in the end that was not a good choice as it was next to the road with the constant stream of traffic and petrol fumes. There were only about 6 tables occupied but service was extremely slow, about 45 minutes to get a bowl of pasta, when we finally asked the waiter where our meal was it suddenly appeared, presumably it had been sat in the kitchen for some time. The people on the next table were not as patient as us and walked out having waited half an hour for their meal. The pasta wasn't even very good, it was very heavy and greasy.

Given the large number of alternatives in St Julian's there are much better choices than Sardinella.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My partner and i visited Malta for a week in August and visited this restaurant twice as it was lovely! The first time we visited with friends, the second just ourselves. On both occasions we were pleased with both the food and the service! Waiting staff were chatty and attentive and service was very quick for the busy part of the season. Would be sure to return if i visit Malta again!