“Beautiful hotel - great wedding venue”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Munster
“Beautiful hotel - great wedding venue”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I recently got maried in the Le Meridien hotel, it was fantastic, we got married on the rooftop overlooking Balluta Bay and also had our reception on the rooftop restaurant, the food was beautiful we had a carvery buffet so there was loads of choice, everyone loved it and the views were spectacular from there. The bedrooms were very nicely decorated and the view from our room was fantastic. Friends and family also stayed in the hotel, the hotel offered good rates to our guests as we were having our wedding there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The buffet breakfast was also fantastic so much choice for everyone. We will definitley stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienMalta, Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Dear Guests,

We are so happy to read that your special day was a success! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments with all and thank you for trusting us with your event. We are glad that everything was up to your expectations and I will certainly forward your great feed-back to our Events Team.

Looking forward to seeing you again at Le Meridien,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
limerick
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Recently spent 10 days with my family & just wanted to thank all the staff for looking after us very well, Fantastic location near everything - Pool on the top floor was excellent & the food & drink was great, My wife used the spa and could not speak more highly of it, All in all our holiday this year was great .

Thank you all ! ! !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
LeMeridienMalta, Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Dear Guest,

How lovely to read that you had a great holiday with us! We will certainly share your positive comments with our staff and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Sliema, Malta
Reviewed September 4, 2010

My husband and I are frequent guests at this 5-star hotel and I can truly say that with each and every time we were there (15 stays over 5 years), our stay was always pleasurable and we never left disappointed. Being a couple whose profession also deals in a certain way in customer relations (my husband in the banking world and myself having worked with French people and now with a law firm) , we are very sensitive to how staff of other establishments treat us and we are so very pleased that the staff employed at this hotel are courteous , polite, and smart besides always being attentive to render service to their guests . This hotel guarantees a high standard of service and hospitality.
We enjoy spending our holidays at this hotel because the general ambiance of the hotel is calm, unintrusive, comfortable, chic and one upon entering the hotel one can immediately feel oneself relaxing and winding down.
The lobby is welcoming, spacious and luxurious and we enjoy reading the daily papers after breakfast plus there is also an interesting book room situated on the 9th floor. There are many terraces for the guests in labyrinth form spread over some of the floors and we enjoyed ourselves relaxing in the shade of a large umbrella on comfy sofas enjoying the sea breeze at tea-time hour .
The spa is wonderful, spacious and refreshing with a beautiful large indoor pool. On several occasions we booked a massage against a fee, however, there are often special discounts and offers on the prices. We tend to spend much time in the spa area as the ambiance is so very relaxing, tranquil and is a real booster to the spirit. The gym is well equipped too and we slogged there to build up a healthy appetite to enjoy our buffet breakfast.
An outdoor pool is situated on the 12th floor and we’ve been there too – the view over the Balluta Bay is tremendous. There’s a well-stocked open air bar/restaurant and one can eat there whilst enjoying the open air and sights. We also enjoyed dining in the evening up in the cool air.
The main dining area inside the hotel is spacious, comfortable which I like because I feel at ease being seated at tables which are well spaced apart and not crammed and most importantly it is nice to be served by doting waiting staff who guarantee a good service all round. The food served is delicious, it is well presented and pleasing to the eye and the dishes are wide, varied and plentiful. I really enjoy my breakfasts there ( which is buffet) and being a fussy person that I am when it comes to quality of food, I am regaled to see good quality food served for example delicate French cheese and delicious Italian salamis…
Dinner is also served a la carte and on some days as a buffet and we’ve enjoyed our dinners too – the food is so lovely prepared, there is a choice for every course served , such a variety of meats, desserts to choose from … the desserts are not to be missed because they are heavenly .
The bedrooms are very comfortable and cosy and on many an occasion we had a room with a seaview also with a terrace or two. I have passed many a personal quiet hour simply sitting on a chair sipping coffee whilst gazing upon the blue sea at sunset hour. Bathrooms and toilets - when it comes to bathrooms and cleanliness I am more than fussy – I am paranoid…. and believe me these are squeaky clean and I feel so reassured. The bathrooms are so-oo very comfortable, not crammed at all and I’ve simply enjoyed my baths soaking for an hour or two.
The hotel is situated in the best part of Malta (which I like) and close to all amenities (which is super).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SuaveandSleek
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to go through your detailed review. Thank you very much for sharing your positive insights with other reviewers - our team is extremely pleased to get such a great feed-back from one of our loyal customers.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly when you will visit us again,

Many thanks once again and best regards from Malta,
Saint Julian's, Malta
Reviewed September 2, 2010

the room was amazing...I'm very particular about cleanliness and the service met my every expectation. the staff where very friendly and professional. the breakfast was great and contained a great selection. I was only there for 2 nights as I went on a weekend break, but it was very relaxing every step of the way. the only thing that slightly disappointed me was the fact that the pool was very small compared to what I thought it would be. I had in mind a large pool especially considering that other pools atother 5 star hotels were large. the space by the pool is also quite limited in comparison to the size of the hotel. but I very quickly got used to the pool and started enjoying it just the same. so all in all, a great experience and I would stay there again without a second thought.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feed-back. We are glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. We do truly hope that you will visit us again in the near future, who knows maybe this time for a longer stay?

Sunny regards from Malta,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Me and my three best friends stayed here in June and we all agreed it was our best girls holiday (we go away every year). The hotel is lovely and clean and the location is perfect. It is quiet and peaceful but only a short walk to the strip where the nightlife is booming.

Ours room were great, can't fault them and we were put in two joining rooms which was really nice. The food is good, we only had breakfast in the main restaurant but there is a huge selection.

The rooftop pool is lovely and the adjoining bar does nice snacks/lunches, burgers etc and they serve you round the pool which is very relaxing! My only fault would be there could be more beds as these fill up quickly although we managed to get four beds at around 10am each morning.

The spa is great, we all had the full body massage which is well worth the 80 euros we paid! Woman on reception was quiet rude and stuck up but apart from her all the staff were very friendly.

I would definitely reccomend this hotel, its a bargain (we paid £450 with flights) and is perfect for anyone looking to have a great time in Malta!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our property. I am happy to read about your positive experience with us. On the other hand, your constructive feed-back about our Spa associates has been shared with the Heads of Department concerned and measures are currently being taken to improve this particular aspect.

Once again thank you for your time and for your custom,
Best Regards,
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was expecting great things. First impressions were good - fast check-in, lovely room overlooking Balluta Bay. It stopped there i'm afraid! The service was appallingly slow; the food was just as appalling at the roof top bar, the breakfast was the most disappointing I have had anywhere, including 3 and 4 star hotels. I would say our room wasn't cleaned as thoroughly as it could have been; no mattress protectors on the beds, so very unhygienic in my opinion. Also only 4 lifts for such a large hotel, so consequently spent a long time, waiting and waiting. The roof-top pool looked murky and was very, very small for such a large hotel. Plus points: very nice spa, and excellent concierge, fantastic location.

• Stayed August 2010
Dear Customer,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feed-back. Guests' comments are for us an important tool to ensure a continuous improvement of our product and services.

On behalf of our entire hotel team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience suffered during your stay with us. It is of a great disappointment to me that we failed at reaching your expectations. Please rest assured that your genuine opinion was shared with all and seriously looked into.

I still do hope that you will visit us again in the future: this would be for us the right opportunity to turn the situation around and make up for your previous stay.

Once again thank you for your feed-back,
Zurrieq, Malta
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Apart from the fact that the hotel was EXTRA CLEAN and TIDY, the management and staff were very welcoming. The food was excellent in that it catered for health concious people. The sea-view was marvellous and at night we could here the relaxing music from other nearby restaurants, while dining at the terrace.

Moreover, I guess that Le Meridien has the best SPA and indoor pool in Malta.

I definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you felt at home with us. I will certainly share your lovely comments with the rest of the team.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your positive experience,

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Warm regards,
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 32 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,824 reviews

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!