“Well located”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
London, United Kingdom
“Well located”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed there for the Easter weekend recently. Rooms were clean and comfortable with free bottled water for SPG card holders. As others have said, it's well located - there is a bus stop right outside and it's easy to pick out from the Bay. Construction work meant reduced lift service which gave us the opportunity for more exercise. :)
Used the indoor pool as it was a little chilly for the outside one -nice touch to light incense in there to provide a relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view as the back of the hotel overlooks the car park.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear WaimanCheuk,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa, and for your valued custom. It has been a true pleasure having you with us during the Easter weekend.

As accurately commented the location of the property is excellent. It makes it easy for each guest to make the most out of their vacation while visiting the island of Malta.

The Le Méridien team is looking forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guest Experience Ambassador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This Hotel is in a great location , close to all St Julian's and Paceville has to offer . The deluxe room was great , very comfortable , good shower , very clean . The breakfast - a buffet with egg/omelette station very good . The hotel staff were very friendly . The roof top pool great . Free parking as a guest in the underground car park ( ask for pre paid ticket from reception ) .
However all this was tainted by the ongoing lift fiasco . At best 2 lifts , sometimes only one serving a 12 floor hotel is not good , particularly at certain times of the day, particularly when checking in and out with cases , particularly with quite a number of elderly guests , particularly when advised to use to travel up and down from the indoor pool in the room bathrobes dripping wet etc. .bizarrely you have no way of knowing from outside the lift whether it is coming . Whilst we were told on arrival , as an acknowledgement for the inconvenience the wifi was free , the wifi did not work in the room , anywhere other than around the reception . The wifi is free anyway for slow speed , pay more for high speed . This seemed a poor offering - perhaps a credit to each guest for a drink or whatever might have been a better gesture , something everyone could benefit from.
Had room 921 - deluxe sea view - the view of the sea limited , there are better rooms in the hotel for seeing the sea .
Would I stay in the hotel again ? Absolutely if the lifts are sorted !!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank crosnick
Dear Crosnick,

I want to start by apologizing on behalf of the Le Méridien team for the issues that you have encountered due to our lift upgrade. We have embarked on such a project to improve the overall service that we offer to our valued guests. I do further deeply apologize that such an upgrade has hindered you from having a wonderful experience.

On the other hand, I want to show my appreciation for the positive feedback that you have provided us and other travelers with regarding your stay at our property.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa. Should you have any queries or requests, feel free to contact me directly by email (available on our official website).

Best regards,

Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very welcoming from the point we checked in... The room on the 10th floor over looking Balluta Bay and beyond was clean, spacious and equipped with everything we needed. Experienced room service and also had dinner and breakfast at the Scirocco Restaurant... We were very happy with both service and food offered their. A very nice personalised touch was the greeting card sent to our room since my partner was celebrating her birthday!!! I highly recommend it!

2 Thank the_cape1032
Dear silvan_camilleri,

On behalf of the whole team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa, I want to thank you for the positive feedback that you have provided us with.

I am delighted to read that our customer service, the rooms and the food offered at our Scirocco Restaurant was up to your satisfaction.

Should you have any additional feedback, feel free to contact me directly by email which is available on our official website.

Warmest regards,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 10 night stay where I also had my wedding! Was booked around October time 2013 so not that long ago, and our contact was Elyse - event organiser and wedding planner. Firstly, I would have to mention what great service we received from Elyse from start to finish. Like any bride - I was fussy and bombarded her with emails. As I am living in the UK Elyse sorted everything! From decoration, to music, florists, rooms, catering. Nothing was too much trouble. (I wonder how many other brides she was dealing with during the same period and so I must take my hat off to her). The hotel was lovely and clean. Good size rooms, we had our one year old and it didn't feel too small. fantastic staff who were always available to help quickly. Of course we had a few hiccups but they were quickly corrected. Room service once went to the wrong room, but this was then deducted from our final bill. What more could they do? The lifts are in the process of being fixed and this was my only complaint as it made things slow in busy periods. However, the hotel does have stairs! And in my opinion more guests should use them rather than simply moaning! The cost is on the pricey side but I do believe this hotel offers the service to match. Central location and breakfasts offer a wide variety to suit every taste. Staff were helpful and friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed out stay! In fact it was pretty much perfect and I wouldn't hesitate in going back

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank freckleyface85
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear freckleyface85,

Congratulations from the Le Méridien team! It has been a real pleasure having you with us for such a special occasion.

I am delighted to read that our members of staff in particular Ms. Elyse Borg has contributed in making this a memorable experience.

All of us at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Warm regards,

Sliema, Malta
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Exceptionally friendly staff, impeccable rooms, view to die for, neat.
Food (great chef Ruben Griscti) is one of the best assets for this hotel. Buffet is never ending eat as much as you like and all sorts of food are on display. Dessert is the best I've tasted so far, all sorts of varieties and all of them 5*. Good job Ruben!!

Room Tip: Go for the sea view if you can spend for it, however the back (overlooking car park) is good and per...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Zimbagozo,

Thank you for the positive review regarding your stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

The kind comments have been forwarded to the entire food and beverage department with a particular reference to Mr. Reuben Grixti.

All of our associates are looking forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Best regards,

London, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I just came back on Sunday 20th of April and spent a week at the le meridien with my 13 year old daughter and husband. We thought the location was excellent and the spa was the best one we've been to for a while, the spa pool is at a very relaxing at a very comfortable temperature.On the whole the spa relaxed us with the soothing music & amazing treatments. But I have to say the hotel itself was not up to 5 star standard, construction was going on and was very loud and disturbing, the lifts were appalling as they were very slow and was inconvenient as most of our time was wasted waiting for the lifts. The breakfast was terrible as all my daughter ate was the fruit as it was the only thing at the breakfast bar that was decent! The hot breakfasts were tasteless and the sausages were processed we did not expect this from a 5 star hotel. When we first arrived the cleanliness was immaculate this was deceiving as we expected the room to be like that for the whole week but it wasn't as the bed sheets weren't changed once and all they really did was change the towels and make the beds neat. The roof top pool was not heated and it was way to cold for anyone to swim in , there are no activities going on so it can seem very boring for children we don't recommend families to go. But I have to give credit to the staff as they were all very friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dilara_alarm,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided us with regarding your latest stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

I want to start by apologizing on behalf of the whole team for not meeting your expectations during your stay with us. Rest assured that I will be communicating your comments with our food & beverage and rooms division manager.

On the other hand, I want to show my appreciation for the positive comments regarding our Lotus Spa and the Le Méridien associates.

Should you have any further feedback, feel free to contact me directly via email which is available on our official website.

Kindest regards,

Hertfordshire
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a lovely modern hotel in a superb location and having excellent facilities.

Frankly the lifts are at the moment an absolute pain, as there are only 2 working while the other 2 are being refurbished. It will only take a few more weeks to resolve this so please ignore the negative comments from other contributors.
The hotel's location is brilliant, right in the middle between chic Sliema and racy Paceville. The buses stop right outside the hotel and for €1.50 you get a ticket that you can use over and over again that day. Central Valletta is only half an hour by bus and there are plenty of 12 and 13s to take you there.
There is free parking for guests in their own car park, which is a great bonus in this over-crowded island. Also an excellent spa facility and rooftop pool and lounging area.
I am a regular Le Meridien user around the world and this is as good as any, and very inexpensive (we paid €114 for the room without breakfast bought online with no changes or refunds.

Room Tip: Try and negotiate an upgrade when you check in. Make sure you have a sea view and a non-smoking room...
1 Thank citybreaker32
Dear citybreaker32,

Thank you for providing us with positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

I want to further thank you for highlighting our exceptional location and the parking facilities that we offer to our in-house guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Warmest regards,

#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!