“Nice hotel in good location !”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Nice hotel in good location !”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice 5-star hotel in a good location. It is located close to both Sliema and Paceville and all local attractions are in walking distance. The rooms are clean and nice and the service is really welcoming and friendly ! The breakfast buffet was big but for a five star restaurant you can expect more ! This goes for everything in the hotel ! Everything is nice but for a great and satisfactory but I have been to better five star hotels. But all in all the hotel is still recommendable !

Stayed April 2014
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Karo94,

Thank you for the ratings and for recommending Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa to other fellow travelers.

I do want to sincerely apologize that our breakfast was not up to your satisfaction. On the other hand I want to show my appreciation for the positive feedback regarding our location and the rooms.

Best regards,

Guest Experience Ambassador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stirling, Scotland
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We are just back 'to reality' after spending 4 glorious nights in Le Meridien Hotel in St Julian's Bay in Malta. The staff were very helpful (nothing was too much for them), the rooms were luxurious and the food was scrumptious. Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel if you are looking for a bit of pampering in Malta.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear SmudgeandBobbin,

Let me start by thanking you for the positive feedback regarding your latest stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

As correctly commented our members of staff do go out of their way to assist our guests when assistance is needed.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our beautiful island Malta has lots of hotels, but when it comes for me to book a weekend break 0 I always choose Le Meridien, Hotel & Spa in St Julians and I have many reasons for my choice. Firstly - the hotel has top service in everything - when it comes to staff friendliness, cleanliness, quality of food, room service and also the location of the hotel. The hotel is situated just opposite Balluta Bay - and all you need to do is cross the road and you can enjoy a long walk along the promenade - either to Sliema shopping centre or else to the nightlife that Paceville / St Julians offer. I was on B&B - Breakfast was really good, a lot of variety and also very smooth running. Room service food was excellent and value for money. In the evening, I opted for 'Surf & Turf Night', a Saturday evening dinner buffet specialising in everything especially in fish. Executive Head Chef of Le Meridien Mr. Reuben Grixti was extremely helpful and professional in his work and helped me also organise a little surprise for my youngest daughter who turned 1. His cakes and sweets / pastries are amazing - Well Done Chef! I was also impressed by the friendliness of staff and how helpful they were with me and my family.Last but not least, a word for the SPA - it is the perfect place to unwind and the fact that no kids are allowed between 12pm and 6pm makes it an ideal place to relax and find time for yourself. I would definately choose again this hotel for my next weekend break. WELL DONE TO ALL MERIDIEN STAFF!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear CatherineMicallef,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa. I do further thank you for the continuous loyalty towards the Le Méridien brand.

I am delighted to read that our members of staff, in particular Mr. Reuben Grixti who is our executive chef have contributed in making your stay an excellent one.

The entire team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Should you require any assistance for your next stay, feel free to contact me directly by email (available on our official website).

Warmest regards,

uk
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a three night break with friends . Lovely room excellent views over the bay . Staff very helpful . I would recommend having a few drinks in the bar . It has a nice atmosphere and bar staff are very efficient especially Jesmond . Didn't have time to try the pool and spa . Would definitely go back maybe when the weather is a bit warmer to use the rooftop terrace and pool.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jackie29,

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive experience with us and other fellow travelers.

The review has been communicated with the whole team, with a special reference to Mr. Jesmond Camilleri. He is truly an asset to our company and we are very proud to have him as part of our team.

The entire team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa is looking forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Rooms/ check in

Upon arrival I was very impressed with the building. Excellent check in staff on desk, quick, informative and very helpful. I paid for a basic room and it was amazing! So spacious and clean. The rooms are very much up to date and contemporary. I was sharing a twin with my Aunty and we adored the bathroom layout. The toilet is separate which I always think is cleaner. I often won't use hotel bathtubs due to cleanliness but this one was the exception! Big and very clean. The shower was the same. The room was kept Immaculate the whole time we were there. I really liked how you got extra's in the bathroom such as cotton wool buds, cotton balls, nail file, etc. I thought it was a great finishing touch.

Hotel/staff/food

The cleanliness of the hotel was impressive, it’s a big building and it was immaculate - no faulting rooms or anywhere around the hotel. I honestly got a feeling that the staff was genuine in wanting you to have the best stay possible. In particular the two men on the concierge desk were excellent, if you need directions or help getting around the island they are more than happy to help (this help was a comfort travelling with my older aunt). Food in the hotel was impressive. We first dined on the Saturday night and it was surf and turf with free house wine and it was worth every penny. The chef really outdone himself and the service was impressive - didn’t have to wait for a thing. The food section was amazing and the restaurant really did have that five star feeling. The sea food was very good, prawns, mussels, grouper to name a few. I dined another two times at the hotel and again I enjoyed both, but it is worth noting house wine is only free on the Saturday (we nearly made that mistake). The selection of different food was good on every evening.

Spa/gym

Only negative is that the gym was poor. I have to be honest it is the only part of the hotel that lets it down facility wise. Many machines did not work. The spa however was a different story. The spa was very clean and a lady walked around tidying up constantly mopping and refilling the drinking water. The steam room and sauna are a good size and the pool was very relaxing, Overall a very nice spa.
I actually left the hotel early because the spa was made out of use two days into our holiday. Having travelled with my older aunt for relaxation, spa and exercise it really did ruin our holiday. Gilbert the Guest Experience Ambassador was accommodating in trying to compensate us but in the end I wanted to leave for a hotel with a spa as it was the main aim of the holiday for us and I need to keep fit as its part of my job. I can’t deny that in actual fact the spa breaking really did ruin my holiday and my time in Malta. I spent a lot of money on the holiday and it was a disappointment. Having said all of that I still feel it would be unfair to give the hotel anything less than five stars because what happened to me was very unfortunate and maybe could not have been helped. This hotel IS 5 star, has a great location, fabulous rooms and very very good staff with exceptional dining. Even with what happened with my holiday I have still already recommended the hotel to several of my clients as I honestly feel that if I had of been able to have my full weeks stay as planned It would have been one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in. Fortunately I am now trying to plan another trip to Malta in September as it is a beautiful place with lovely people and I want to have the holiday I initially intended. I think it says a lot about the hotel itself that I am able to write such a good review having had a bad experience. It really is a gem of a hotel in Malta with so many positives. I would not hesitate in recommending or staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lindsey E,

Thank you for the detailed and positive review regarding your latest experience at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa.

The comment has been forwarded to the entire team and every single associate was delighted to read such wonderful words about our property.

It was a real pleasure being at your assistance and I look forward to welcome you back amongst us.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed April 2, 2014

i spent there for 4 night on August 2013.
i just loved the breakfast which include little doughnuts every morning and the inside pool and saunas were great! the outside pool was freezing so i didnt came in.
it's a great hotel and just next to it there is a bus station to valleta and silema.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Regin D
Dear Regin D,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay at our property. It is a pleasure reading such a positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us and should you have any special requirement, feel free to contact me directly by email which is available on our official website.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for seven nights (25 Mar to 31 March 2014) and enjoyed ourselves in the hotel. Great indoor pool and gym. Breakfast was typical of a 4/5 star hotel and the evening buffet meal was good most nights. We had a superior deluxe room with views over the Bay which was wonderful. Helpful staff

Negative - took half an hour to book in at 0145hrs, toilet was separate but did not have a wash basin which meant having to go to the bathroom to wash hands, the lifts were often not in use. Also, keep all your receipts as we had number of items on the bill which we had already paid when we checked out.

We will definitely stay here again because on the whole it was a good hotel and the location was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 227PamelaL,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa.

I want to start by personally apologizing for the issues that you have encountered during your stay with us. Rest assured that these comments have been communicated with the respective head of departments for immediate action.

Furthermore, I do thank you for the positive comments regarding our indoor pool, fitness center, food & beverage services and the lovely views that our rooms have to offer.

Warm regards,

#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!