“Weekend Break”

Le Meridien St. Julians
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our third stay at the Meridian and as always very helpful front desk staff , room was clean and tidy and breakfast was excellent with a very good choice available.on the downside still some work going on at the hotel modifying the lift system.

Stayed: March 2014
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear David Q,

On behalf of the whole team at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel and Spa I thank you for your loyalty and for sharing this positive experience with us and other fellow travelers.

Feel free to contact me directly by email (available on our official website) should you have any special requirements for your next stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here for a week to celebrate my 50th and can't really complain about anything substantial. When we first arrived we were shown to a 4th floor deluxe sea view room which was, upon entering, marvellous. However when we went on to the balcony, the sea view was limited but more importantly was on the same level as a building site next door! As we were telling the concierge this wasn't really appropriate the phone rang from reception and the receptionist was already offering us an alternative room on the 6th floor as she had noticed my disappointment at being on the 4th! This was a lovely room again and had a fantastic view right over Balutta Bay opposite the church. Deluxe room spacious, with large corner bath and seperate walk in power shower, bathrobes, slippers, toiletries, enormous king size bed, separate toilet. The balcony was as big as our dining room! Kettle had been removed from all rooms for "health and safety". We knew this so had taken a travel kettle but the water tasted foul when boiled so we always called up for hot water. This wasn't as tedious as it sounds as it arrived within minutes. They always sent milk which we requested as well because the sachets in the room were cream. We didn't really have much of a problem with the dreaded lifts! Once you realised you programmed them and couldn't control them from inside the lift (no buttons, but heck was there a lot of mirrors!!) they became easier to use. Maybe we didn't hit busy periods? Be careful you don't loiter before getting out though as when the lifts close, they don't pull back if they sense someone there, they only pull back when they clunk you one! I've got the massive green arm bruise to prove it! Use the open door button inside!

The breakfast was amazing, anything you could think of was there. If there was a queue for omelettes, well there was plenty of other things to go for (even sparkling wine). You could even have breakfast in your room for a €4 charge which we tried on my birthday. I maybe shouldn't have ticked so much because it was epic! They even sent me a bottle of sparkling wine with it (ok I did hint on the menu card!). The spa I only tried once because I wasn't that keen on wandering about in my bathrobe which they seemed to favour you doing. Also the intense perfume (incense?) in the spa was overpowering for me personally. The staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly.

The local buses were plentiful and cheap and went from outside the hotel direct to Bugibba, Valletta, Sliema etc and with a change at a terminus could go all over the island for only €1.50 each a day up until 11pm. Plenty of bars and restaurants around, easy walking distance to Paceville which was lively. Muddy Waters bar just around the corner had great live music at the weekends.

We went on the hop on hop off bus which was ok, the harbour tour which was interesting and luckily for us was good weather!

Lovely hotel and island, people were friendly, wine was cheap! What was there not to like?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeeHull

Dear TeeHull,

I am very pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay at Le Méridien St. Julians Hotel and Spa.

Thank you for your positive comments which will be shared with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you back at our property.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

An excellent stay during the Valentine`s weekend..The dinner was fantastic. Thanks to Antonella for the good service especially when there was a problem with lifts,she was really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guazzo17,

I would like to start by personally thanking you for sharing this positive experience with us and other fellow travelers. The comment has been forwarded to the entire team with a particular reference to our food & beverage associates and Ms. Antonella Briffa.

Once again, thank you and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back amongst us in the near future.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The indoor pool (pictured) is epic with jacuzzi sauna and steam rooms,the rooftop pool is also great with views of St Julians and the gym has all the machines and free weights so you dont miss home.The continental breakfast is never ending and the views of the shining sea are spectacular first thing in the morning with your coffee! Buses are frequent and easily accessible theres also a little hut outside which offers great little spinach filled pastries, be warned the portions of food in malta are a bit on the large side!would definately go back by far the best 5* hotel in Malta!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Talwinder Singh T,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your latest stay with us. I am delighted to read that our services were up to your satisfaction.

As you accurately commented we do have lovely views and the location of the hotel makes it easy for every guest to make the most out of their trip.

Thank you for your valued custom.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I was part of a Christmas work do and decided to stay overnight. Everything was top notch when it comes to service, quality of food and ambiance. The reservation process was ever so easy and hassle free, more so when this was a very last minute plan, thanks to Antonella who was very friendly and knowledgeable. Checking in was also quite straightforward with the front desk personnel offering a warm welcome. I have read through some of the comments, however it is very understandable and quite logical that the updating of the lifts and other necessary works are to be executed during the quiet months in order to gear up for the summer months. One understands that waiting for a lift can be quite inconvenient; however such works in the hotel will only benefit other guests. Finally, the Balluta bay views from the hotel room balcony are fantastic. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments and ratings.

I am very happy to read such lovely words about our members of staff with a special reference to Ms. Antonella Briffa.

I look forward to welcoming you back at our property in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had my baby shower in a reserved area at the KuDeTa lounge. Perfect venue, very helpful staff and gorgeous food.. especially the muffins! A big well done to the event manager Ms.Dimech and the staff who were on duty - excellent service. Thanks for helping to make the day so memorable!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
LeMeridienMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the positive and wonderful comments about our services. I am delighted to read that our offerings have exceeded your expectations.

The review has been communicated with our events team with a particular reference to Ms. Cristina Dimech and to all of our food and beverage associates.

All of us at Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I spent a week here in what is probably a really nice hotel but our visit was marred by work being done to replace one of the lift shafts. On booking we had been told that maintenance would affect one of the lifts for the first day of our stay. The reality was that jack hammers operating at head ache inducing noise levels started up at 9am every day and went on all day. My big gripe is that we were not properly warned this would be the case. I would never choose to stay in a hotel that is undergoing major structural work, and I suspect I may not be alone in this. After complaining we were shown to a much quieter room so at least that was dealt with. What I can say is that the staff are charming, it's the only reason I gave this hotel three stars and not zero. But to hotel management all I can say is "Come on guys, tell us the truth then we can all make an informed decision."

Room Tip: Make sure you are nowhere near a lift shaft