Stayed in this hotel 6 nights on a training trip. I really wanted to give 4 or 5 stars to this property as it has everything it needs to make your stay pleasant but unfortunately my experience was marred by an issue with the front desk and the long wait for the always packed lifts.
Let's start with the check in which was profesional and quick although the young clerck who checked me in when asked if the internet was included said it wasn't forgetting to mention the free 4 MB one. This wouldn't have been a big issue if he hadn't pretend later to give it to me for free as a way to apology for the lifts (slow and always packed). In the hotel clearly know that the lifts are the main complaint they face on check out and the guy obviously tried to be smart avoiding from the beginning an easy complaint. I don't really know what they think in there, I only had to ask another receptionist to find out the 4mb internet was free anyway.
On the 4th or 5th night, I do not remember now, I had a problem with the free internet and BY MISTAKE I pressed on my smart phone the option which is chargeable. After 10 minutes I went down the receptionist to let them know I did not meant to use the three day internet and asked if everything was charged on the bill if they could have taken it off as it was clear that it was a mistake. I spoke to them straightaway beacause I knew that you cannot complain after three days and saying: "Well I have been using internet for three days but I did not mean to". The lady at the reception said nothing was on the bill so I thought that the chargeable internet was not activated and nothing was going to be charged and I could keep on using the free one.
Well on check out I clearly see the internet was charged, I asked for an explanation first to the receptionist then the duty manager Mr. Spiteri who gave me his business card saying that they had to investigate the matter and he would have personally asked IT to investigate the matter.
Well obviously it was not enough to say I raised the matter of the internet rightaway with the reception team who failed to keep record of the situation. Internet was charged anyway and althought I thought unfair I paid anyway and left the hotel waiting for the next few days at least a quick email to follow up from Mr Spitteri.
Except that, rooms are good and alway spotlessy clean and tidy ( Thumbs up for the housekeeping staff). breakfast was ok, staff was always ready to help. Same for the restaurant on the main floor, all good and professional. The facilities of the hotel are good even if they have to fix quickly the other two lifts as two lifts for this kind of property are not enough and are a cause of complaint and distress for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien St Julians Hotel & Spa in Malta is located within the bustling, cosmopolitan neighbourhood of St. Julians, offering plenty of entertainment and tranquility located along the seafront promenade. Enjoying excellent views, our hotel is an architectural gem, offering elegance with the relaxed feel luxury, boutique hotel in the Mediterranean. Enjoy international cuisine, accompanied by a refined selection of world wines, and take your coffee al fresco on the splendid terrace. Awaken your senses at the MyoKa spa and float in our tropical indoor pool where you will be revived by aromatherapy secrets from around the world Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa offers a relaxing ambiance for business travelers, families and couples. On the first floor of the premises, the meeting planner will discover a practical and modern background for their project, with an entire floor dedicated to business events. Free WIFI in the guest rooms as well as the public areas, indoor and outdoor pools (weather permitting)and 24h Guest service available via telephone and whatsapp/blackberry messenger. Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa is part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien St. Julians reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien St. Julians Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Meridien St Julians
- Le Meridien Malta
- Le Meridien Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Le Meridien
- Le Meridien St. Julians Malta