“All good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reigate, United Kingdom
“All good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay at this hotel - definitely worth signing up for Starwood membership before going as you get lots of benefits. Roof top pool was a nice area to relax in and entrance to executive lounge (via Starwood membership) meant we could enjoy complimentary drinks and canapés each evening before heading out.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The service is fantastic here and the rooms have some amazing views of the city. The location is nice for an evening stroll and there are plenty of drinking holes, restaurants and local attractions within walking distance. The hotel taxis are very knowledgeable and I even booked one for a couple of hours to take me around the city. I was upgraded to a suite upon check in and was amazed at how much space I had when I opened the door to my room. It's like having my own apartment in Malta. The staff here are so friendly and the SPG Platinum Perks are exactly what I would expect from top SPG properties. I was greeted with a tray of sweets, a bottle of wine and several bottles of water. The executive lounge is small but offers some great outdoor seating which I took advantage of. The staff there were very friendly and attentive. There is a happy hour for SPG Platinum members with drinks and a small tray of selective snacks between 4PM and 7PM. The spa here also exceeded my expectations in terms of service offerings. I didn't take advantage of it but it offers some of the most diverse assortment of spa treatments that I have seen at an SPG property. The breakfast buffet has a good selection of choices but can be a bit chaotic in terms of trying to find items and navigating through large crowds of people during busier rush hours. The beds are a bit firm. I don't think they have the Sweet Sleepers or Westin Heavenly beds here but other than that, I would come back to this property in a heartbeat! This property truly embodies the SPG brand of service to the fullest.

Room Tip: Get a view facing the sea! Take the Maltaexpress bus to the property after landing. It's only 8...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
iambigbrother2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for m fiancée's birthday as a surprise. I got a great deal on Lastminute.com that only entitled me to a car park view (back of hotel) but they accommodated my request for a sea view which was so kind.

The rooms seemed a little dated but lovely shower and bath and a nice comfortable bed.

They had a great package for €25 which included Sparkling Wine and Petite Fours which was a lovely birthday surprise for my fiancée! I emailed in advance for this.

The airport bus drops outside the hotel (x2) which seems to be the cheapest way of getting here!

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we thought it was quite expensive (€18) but if you book for 3 days it's €15 per day. It looked like a typical hotel breakfast buffet.

There is a great restaurant called U Bistrot at the front of the hotel, but it don't think it is connected to the hotel. It is highly recommended.

The staff are friendly and lovely, and the bar has a nice ambiance.

The indoor pool was lovely but the rooftop pool was too cold even in the 30*c heat. The bar up here has some lovely views of St Julian's Bay.

I really would return to this hotel, so lovely.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

my partner and i returned to malta after visiting 30 years ago. decided on meridien for its location. hotel staff helpful and efficient. room very spacious clean , housekeeping staff do a wonderful job. spa and gym busy when using them , due to the dull weather on the 1st few days of our holidays, pool area very clean but when the sun does shine be there early for a bed. breakfast was good, well done anthony for staying calm when cooking for some very very rude guests, where do peoples manners go to when eating????? couldnt believe how many guests took food items out of restaraunt may be for lunch ???? i dont know. maybe they dont get out and away to often. waiting staff very attentive and friendly. and all foods replenished quickly, good variety and quality, but not all hot breakfast items as hot as they could be, you often find this tho with buffet style. there is a queueing system, well i think there was but as i said some very rude guests didnt feel the need to. close by to bars and restaurants. location great. due to late flight home the rate to keep the room on was 59euros till 6pm which was great and made our finale day very relaxing. would return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank enncle
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Le Meridien for 13 nights in room 735, great view of Balluta Bay, hotel room was lovely, spacious and very clean, air conditioner cooled the room really well, great hospitality all around. Where the hotel is situated is just right as you are not in the hustle and bustle of Paceville. Mario the concierge bend backwards to help us, a great asset to the hotel! I would rate this hotel 5 star no problem and I sure know a good hotel when I see one as I have been to a lot of hotels around the world! We will be back and so glad we stayed at yr hotel, keep up the good work, till we see you again in the near future!

Room Tip: Room 735 you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tuckshe
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just returned from staying at Le Meridien in St Juliens and would advise anyone staying there in the near future that if they are allocated room 414 they check that a new bed has been installed.
We arrived on the 8th October 2013, and the first night I did not sleep as every time I moved in the bed it creaked, squeaked and groaned. I reported this to reception and they said they would look into this. On our return from a day out we were informed by reception that we needed to be there to show their maintenance man the problem. When he arrived I showed him the problem and after investigation found that the base of the bed was broken.
Note the double beds are just 2 singles pushed together.
They had no spare rooms to move us to so a repair had to be made which consisted of a duvet and two boards which are normally used for people with back problems, I thought this was a temporary measure untuil a new bed or room could be provided but it remained like this for the week and no one at the hotel enquired whether I was sleeping alright.
The bedroom was very stark with very little storage for clothes. Just a wardrobe and 3 shelves in the wardrobe. No chest of draws.
Although the toilet was separate from the bathroom which is quite a good idea it had no hand basin so I hope housekeeping clean the handles each day!!!
I did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the quality of the restaurant.
I did use the bar and the service was friendly but slow and the barman had no idea how to make a marguerite, it was so bad I had to send it back and the bar manager had to make it for me.
Public areas needed cleaning the table tops in the lounge by reception were dirty at 10.00 am in the morning.
Bedroom skirting was in poor condition.
Changing facilities in the Spa looked in need of complete refurbishment
This is definitely not a 5 star hotel.
The best thing about the hotel were the staff on the concierge desk who were friendly, helpful and informative.
Would I stay again, No.

Room Tip: Unless room 414 has new bed avoid.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Port Noarlunga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here four nights in a twin room! One of the best hotels I've stayed in, clean, comfortable and modern! We were on bed and breakfast which was delicious! Had a wide variety including custom made omlettes and fresh doughnuts!! Good location near plenty of restaurants to go to in the evening! Bus stop is really close to the hotel and we found it easy to get around the island (Blue Grotto, Valetta etc). Would def recommend this hotel and would stay again! ( I work in the travel industry so can't really comment if its good value but I would pay to go back here!)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
#8 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,017 reviews

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!