Le Meridien St. Julians
Hugo's Boutique Hotel(Saint Julian's)
$252
Hotel Valentina(Saint Julian's)
$168
$149
Agoda.com
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
$161
Travelocity
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
$203
$197
Allegro Hotel(Saint Julian's)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Breakfast included
Spinola Hotel(Saint Julian's)(Great Value!)
$86
2,824 results
All reviewsballuta bayrooftop poolsea viewseparate toiletst juliansspa treatmentsthe executive loungespa areamini barhotel barroom was largeweekend breakvisit maltahalf boardomelettetaroconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited Le Meridien St Julian's 20th to 29th September.
The hotel is excellently positioned overlooking Balluta Bay. Bus routes outside hotel, although buses are very packed now more than when we visited in 2010, you may have to wait for several buses to get on but there very regular. New Arriva buses no more yellow buses which I do miss...

We arrived at the hotel early but check in was 3pm. Unfortunately after getting up at 3am to catch a flight then sitting waiting in a reception area to check in it was exhausting, hotel was fully booked so no chance of early check in. It would be nice to have a quiet area fof guests with water cooler/tea/coffee whilst waiting for check in/out it wouldn't cost the hotel too much, after all it's 5star!

We booked executive room, we were on level 10 facing Balluta bay, room 1035, it was amazing, huge room, super king bed, a little hard but got used to it, excellent size ensuite, seperate bath & Shower, excellent quality products supplied inc mouthwash shampoo conditioner, soap shower gel body moisturiser, cotton buds, cotton pads, shower cap, nail file... All replenished daily!

Minibar, fridge, fully stocked but extremely over priced €5 for small bottle of water! But wine is €8.15!

Room cleaning service was exceptional, bedlinen changed dalily if you placed card in the bed, room cleaned to high standard, extra tea/millk left without even asking as they must have seen we liked our tea!! Great ladies. Thank you.

Air conditioning in the room was the best we've ever had anywhere and we've travelled all round. Individually Controlled. Excellent. Nice in hot climate to still snuggle up in bed with duvet at night :-)

Rooms generally quiet, we did have an issue on our second last nights stay with a very inconsiderate group but Ana the room Manger assured us it would not happen again and it didn't, she also arranged a refund for us for severely disturbed nights sleep which was appreciated.

The Concerige is the best I have ever dealt with anywhere all the guys in the desk were amazing. One stands out as I was dealing with him before I got to the hotel to arrange a special airport pickup as a treat for my partners birthday, Mario, you are the best and nothing was an issue for you.. Your colleagues are also fantastic.

Executive lounge I thought was great, drinks from 4pm to 7pm anything you want, wonderful nibbles, replenished if asked. Aurelen was fantastic, wonderful way about him, remembered what we drank and his manner was exceptional. Gary was also a star, very professional, great to suggest different cocktails. Made our evenings nice.

Anelyia, thank you for your above & beyond service at breakfast in the executive lounge, we looked forward to breakfast each morning.. Great selection at breakfast, inc fried breakfast which was unexpected. Poached eggs or omelette if requested! Excellent quality.

Wondeful shops in the hotel.

Restaurants, roof top for lunch is reasonably priced and good quality, salads so fresh.

Buffet on 2nd floor is ok, but not traditional Maltese food.

Ku de ta on level 3 reception area is good, little highly priced.

Had some treatments which were amazing, beautiful indoor pool area, fantastic gym, very well equiped, inc excellent squash court!

Outdoor pool very clean, lots of beds, towels supplied, good size, wanted was very cold, good for a quick swim but too cold to stay in longer. Area very clean. Would be nice if it was no smoking as it not nice ash blowing onto sun cream!

Fantastic Chinese near hotel called Red Dragon, best quality food I've had, I work for Chinese company and eat in many different restaurants, this restaurant is unassuming excellently priced and staff are attentive and lovely.

Barracuda is an excellent restaurant opposite the hotel (Red Dragon is 2 mins walk past that) but to need to reserve in advance, Concerige will do this for you. It is expensive but worth it for a special treat. Fish is just amazing, staff give great advice on what to eat, quality, ambiance wonderful. No Air Con but good fans but it was September and we had a table overlooking sea so nice cool breeze.

We hired a jeep, little expensive for a jeep that has no locks etc... Must have been 25 yrs old but we loved it, explored all the island, great fun...

Popeye village nice to see as it's a film set but it's very run down and could be cleaner, staff seemed uninterested and bored!!!

The usual things like visiting Gozo and Comino, Blue Lagoon are a must but you must must must take Speec boat trip it was amazing, thrilling!

Jet skis wonderful too at Melieha. Nice sandy beach there too 20 mins drive from St Julian's.

Weather was amazing, Malta is great and highly recommend going and staying in Le Meridien

*join Starwood Perferred Guest online and get discounts in Ku De Ta restaurant 20% and collect points for free stays. Joining is free!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JEBOC
Loodee14, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for your very detailed and genuine review: this will certainly be helpful to many travelers as your descriptions of the many possibilities for entertainment in Malta seem indeed very practical. I am so glad to read that you had a great time in our hotel and on the island in general.

I also truly appreciate you taking the time to mention our associates by name: I have shared all of your kind comments with them. I truly thank you for pointing out those of our associates who went out of their way to provide you with a personalised service.

I have taken good notes of the areas for improvement that you felt necessary to highlight: our constructive guests' comments are precious tools for us to continuously keep on working at improving our product and services. Your recommendations are also truly appreciated and it is extremely nice of you to have taken the time to describe your positive experience.

I am honoured to count you amongst our valued Starwood Preferred Guests and I also thank you to encourage other travelers to join in our free loyalty programme, which indeed presents many advantages.

Should you wish to visit us again in the near future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. It would be my pleasure to follow through with your reservation and requirements,

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this location over the summer with my boyfriend and I can't say enough good things about it. The Manager of the hotel was so accommodating with all of our needs. We also had dinner at the rooftop of the hotel and it was delicious! A great way to end the trip.

This hotel is also a perfect location as well, you can walk 10 mins either way and there are restaurants everywhere. Great couple location.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that you and your partner had a great stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kind recommendations!

I am grateful for your positive comments about our service, food and location. It is very nice of you to have taken the time to write about your experience.

Should you wish to visit us again in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly,

With my best regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thanks for making our wedding day a very special one. It was just perfect.Everyone was so kind and helpfull.Food was lovely, rooms very nice.Couldnt have chosen a better place.A special thanks to Gilbert Xuereb for taking care of us.THANKS A MILLION

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

First and foremost, allow me to extend once again our best wishes for a lifetime of happiness, on behalf of our entire team. Thank you so much for selecting our property for your very special event. It was a honour for us to host your wedding celebrations and I am delighted to read that we succeeded in meeting your expectations. I would also like to thank you for mentioning the service and care provided by Gilbert: I have of course shared your kind comments with him,

Once again thank you for your trust and custom,

With best regards and sincere congratulations,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times on business and the first thing is book a sea view room. Not just for the view but in the afternoon the sun is blinding on the other side of the hotel.

Rooms are nice and big whether sea view or not. I was upgraded to a Junior Suite once which had a slightly better view but not much different from a normal sea view.
Speaking of the sea, there is a swimming area across the road that is great for a cooling dip in the hot months. I've only been to the swimming pool in the late afternoons and it has always been very windy (its on the roof), probably not such an issue during the day.
Breakfast is usually okay although service and food is a bit hit and miss.
If you like burgers then the bar burger menu is a must - build your own doesn't describe it!
Taxi's in Malta are renowned for being rip off artists so ask the hotel to call one for you.
The thing that stands out for me is that all the rooms are spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your genuine and constructive comments. Your repeat custom is greatly appreciated and I am sure that your feed-back will be useful to many. I have of course taken good note of the areas for improvement you felt necessary to highlight, especially with regards to the service provided during breakfast and I would be glad to further discuss things with you on the occasion of your next visit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your best convenience.

A special thank you for mentioning our Burger menu: we are glad to know that you availed yourself of our original Burger formula and most of all that it was to your liking,

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I recently returned after a two week stay at this hotel. We found it to be very friendly with good staff and service. The food was excellent and plenty of it. Loved having my eggs cooked fresh for me every morning and again with a smile. The rooftop pool was also very good with plenty of shade if required. Have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind recommendations and for your valued custom. I am delighted to read that you and your husband had a great vacation with us.

I am also glad to know that you enjoy our food offering and our live cooking stations. We do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future, in which case I kindly invite you to contact me or our reservation department directly: it would be our greatest pleasure to follow up with all your requirements,

Kind regards,