“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Le Meridien St Julians was selected - site unseen - for my company's annual EMEA Partner Conference. What a great choice I made! The location was perfect. The sales and events team were always so helpful and responsive prior to our conference, and once on-site they did not disappoint! While nothing in life is ever perfect, the staff did everything in their power to make our conference and stay wonderful. The food was great, the meetings rooms were great, the service was great, and all staff throughout the hotel was great! The feedback we received from our partners who were in attendance was wonderful- they were all very happy with the accomodations, location and service.

Room Tip: Go for the Deluxe Sea View Rooms on the higher floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel following the stay you and your colleagues had at our hotel.

It is certainly a pleasure to hear that you found the hotel's product and service to your expectation and that you felt you made the right choice of choosing the hotel although you had not visited us prior to the event.
I am glad to hear that you found the hotel's unique location, right in the heart of the Maltese way of living, to your satisfaction. More importantly it is even more satisfying to read that our associates were instrumental in ensuring that such an important event went the way you expected it.

While I would like to once again thank you for your contribution, we do hope to have the possibility to welcome you and your colleagues again in the not too distant future.

Franco Vella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naxxar, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

this was our second visit to this beautiful and charming hotel, and it is indeed with pleasure to re-recommend this hotel. it was great to see all the staff enthusiastic and intrinsically interested in their 'client', this really augurs well to the local tourism industry. All the F&B staff, particularly of the main restaurant were very knowledgeable on the ingredients. food and wines listed in the menu. last but definitely not least, special thanks to the receptionists and the concierge department, particularly Mario, who truly gives a homely experience to such a great establishment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienMalta, General Manager at Le Meridien St. Julians, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that our team have played an important part in that.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights on b@b basis in a 'land view room'.

After reading a previous review we decided not to opt for the additional cost of a sea view room. The main reason for this is that the sun is on the baclonies of the land view rooms in the late afternoon/early evening, a time we like to sit out with a drink before going out in the evening. So if you want morning sun and a sea view then pay the extra, if not then go for the land view rooms.

Rooms
Very spacious, very clean, good decor, separate toilet, great seperate rain shower, corner bath with shower attachment, robes and good toiletries. Mini bar in room but very expensive and noisy at night, they do not allow you to take items out and put your own items in as the items are on a 'trip' system that will charge you when they are removed. There are ice machines on each level near the lifts so this helps chill you own drinks down.

We found the lifts very slow at busy times and the hotel was no where near full so in season they would be a nightmare.

Breakfast
Usual buffet style with plenty of choice, good quality, well presented e.t.c, staff very efficient, for me the best was to start the day with the mini donuts, wow, lovely !!

Rooftop pool was very nice for a bit of sunbathing and a cool down dip, although on the small side it did the job, we also had lunch at the rooftop bar which was good value for money with good service with great views over the Balutta Bay.

WARNING
The hotel offers additional packages that can be pre-booked prior to arrival. Due to it being my wifes birthday during our stay our son and daughter purchased the Romance Package 2 at 25 euro, this should of consisted of a bottle of fizzy wine, petite fours and rose petals.
Well we got the fizzy wine and the petit fours but no rose petals
To me the most romantic item in the package and one you could not arrange easily yourselve in Malta is the Rose petals, so for these to be missing and replaced with two bottles of still water I think the 'romace package' lost its title.
I did make my opinions aware to the duty manager, Adrian Spitari and the guest experience ambassador, Vella Bianchettino, they both did not come across as finding the missing rose petals as an issue and Adrian even went so far as to suggest that the wine alone was advertised on the website at 27 euro so felt i had got good value.
He did offer a 10 euro refund but the receptionist did not understand and has only refunded me 10 % [2.5 euro] which adds to the comical organisation of it.
As for the 27 euro wine, this was Asti Spurmante !! seriously this is about 7 euro in the local supermarket.
So dont bother with the packages, go an get a bottle of decent fizz, rose petals and choccies yourselve at least then you will get what you wanted and save some money.

Apart from the lack of romance in the package and the attitude of Adrian and Vella we enjoyed our stay very much and thought the other staff where a credit to the hotel. The hotel is in a geat location with lovely views with many buses just outside that will take you to all parts of Malta, Valetta is about 30 minutes away by bus or for a different route catch the bus to the ferry port at Sliema and catch the ferry over to Valetta,
There are a good few restaurants and bars within a few minutes walk, check out U Bistro, The Villa and Barracuda on TA, these are all within 1-5 minutes walk from the hotel.

If you want to do some sea swimming there are plenty of organised areas opposite the hotel, very popular with the locals who sunbath on the flattish rocks on the edge of the lovely clear water, the sea is like a warm bath.

Graeme

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geepee
Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for your apt description of the perks offered by each of the view types offered by our rooms. It will be very insightful for prospective guests in our hotel.
In regards to the mini bar, there are actually two spaces inside which are set apart solely for the use of the guest. Although it is true that the items inside the mini bar are charged to the room bill automatically when lifted, we still have an employee who checks the rooms daily to ensure that guests are not charged for any items they did not consume. As this is the case, we do not dissuade guests from making use of the minibar for their own personal use.
I do apologise for the inconvenience encountered in relation to our elevators. I can assure you that this and similar comments have been taken to heart and the hotel has reached an agreement to replace the entire lift system. The new system will be phased in over the winter season which, as you have duly pointed out, will be our slower season and hence we will inconvenience not inconvenience our guests.
Regarding your experience at Breakfast in Scirocco and that at our rooftop pool and bar of La Bajja, I am more than glad to pass on your complements to the food and beverage staff who cooked for and served you and enhanced your experience in our hotel. I am sure they will greatly appreciate it.
On the other hand I was very sorry to hear about your negative experience when making use of our Romance Package. This package is designed to give a guest’s experience that distinctive edge when it comes to spending some time away with that special someone. I therefore sincerely apologise that we have not delivered what we promised. As for the misunderstanding between the €10 and 10%, please do get in touch with me directly on my email franco.vella@lemeridien.com and I will ensure that we process the promised discount accordingly.
While I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I look forward to hearing from you.

Naxxar, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary at this hotel and it was great. Great service, great spa, great location and beautiful room. We also received an anniversary cake, compliments of the hotel. we had a great experience!

Room Tip: higher floors with sea view is a must.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chanelleshoults
Dear Reviewer,

May I first of all on behalf of my team and I offer you our heartfelt congratulations on your first wedding anniversary and I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel for such a memorable event.

It is a pleasure to hear that we have been able to offer the experience you expected for such an occasion.

Thank you once again for sharing this experience and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for many more anniversaries.

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My Husband and I recently stayed at Le Meridien for a 5 night stay. The hotel is perfectly situated between Sliema and Valetta to the South, and the more busier St Julians (5mins walk) and party area of Paceville (10mins walk) to the North. There are very good transport links - the arriva buses run frequently into and out of Balutta Bay.

The amenities at the hotel are excellent. We stayed in a Sea View Junior Suite, there is a nice seating area and balcony overlooking pretty Balutta Bay.

If you are able to, make use of the spa facilities, the indoor pool is lovely much more quieter than the busy roof top pool. The spa treatments are excellent, and the standard and service is top quality.

We took the bus (X2) from the airport to the hotel - this is a good choice, however after a flight be mindful that the roads are bumpy and the driving erratic (approx 45 min journey). On the way back we opted for a private taxi and had a more enjoyable journey taking no more than 15 minutes costing 21 Euros.

Room Tip: Sea View room. Higher floors have better views over Balutta Bay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jasmine192
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your excellent description of the environs of our hotel. Balluta Bay is truly and exceptional area and we feel lucky to call it our home. I am delighted to see that you took advantage of it by means of one of our sea view Junior Suites. There's no nicer feeling than sitting out seeing the sunrise and seeing the area coming to life with the locals.

I am further pleased to see that you made full use of our in-house facilities and that the Spa was to your liking. I will gladly pass on your exceptional comments to the team there.

I would like to thank you once again for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you at Le Méridien St Julians again in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

A great hotel in an even better location! Central to everything and every place. Clean and huge rooms with stunning views of Balluta Bay. We had room 1124. We used the Executive lounge for evening drinks as well as go into KudeTa. What made our experience even more amazing at the Exec lounge and KuDeTa was Aurelien Vilkom!!!! Nothing was too little for him, always greeted with an amazing smile and great drinks :) If only more hotels had staff like him.
Will definitely stay at Le Meridien on our next visit to Malta.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, Balluta Bay view with a Balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay at our hotel.

I am delighted to see that you truly enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien St Julians and that you made full use of our highest quality services. I will be sure to pass on your exceptional comments personally to Aurelien.

While I would like to thank you again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you at Le Méridien St Julians again in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
#7 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,024 reviews

Been to Le Meridien St. Julians? Share your experiences!