We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and would echo other comments about the friendly staff. This goes for the people of Malta too, who we found to be very helpful and chatty. We loved the island as there's loads to see and it's perfect for unwinding.
This is a VERY large hotel. We were lucky enough to have garden view rooms with a balcony that was postioned in the sun for most of the day. This was after being offered our original booking of 'bay view'. This isn't a view of the sea (well, only round the corner in the distance) but overlooks the shopping centre and night clubs. The area is busy at night with plenty of bars and clubs but doesn't feel at all threatening to be walking about late. We didn't hear any noise at all being round the other side of the hotel from the main streets but this area isn't best if you want tranquility.
There's very easy access to all the main towns by bus with the stops being 5 mins walk away. It's easy enough to get about without taking any holiday co. trips although 2 of our party went swimming with dolphins as an organised trip. This is excellent value and well worth doing.
The hotel breakfast was excellent as was the evening buffet. Lunch in the bar was expensive. There are some excellent restaurants in St Julian's Bay.
This hotel is probably more of a good 4 star than a 5 star and we did have a couple of very minor nigggles - tea and milk not topped up in the room and our hot water disappeared one morning for 20 minutes but generally this is a very good hotel and perfect for escaping out of season. We wouldn't book during high season simply because this place is so huge and it's difficult to imagine how people would fit round the pool or even in the dining room at peak times. For off season breaks this place is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta