Travelled on the 11th of july and got back yesterday on our ryanair flight. The transfer from the airport was around 15 minutes and we (12 of us) travelled in 3 taxis which wait outside the airport.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted by reception and checked in.
We stayed in a family room with one king sized bed and two single beds, it was huge and there was more than enough room and facilities in the room to suit us for a month! The doors were double glazed leading out to the balcony and no sound from clubs or bars could be heard.
Every morning we had breakfast in the garden on the 7th floor but don't go last minute or you will be caught up in the chaos.
The pool is brilliant very lively but if its windy you have to sit out in the sun all day as you're not allowed umbrellas up. Also, don't hog the pool when playing with inflatables or you won't be allowed to do so anymore.
The buffet on the ground floor was great the food was good quality and it was a lovely restaurant. For the rest of our nights we went out for food or just had a quick meal... TIP - There is a great takeaway pizza place just down the road or a mcdonalds opposite.
One flaw only - The service in the water biscuit was painfully slow... Took them 10 minutes to make a coca cola and a cisk...
Overall the holiday was great despite the manager being a little rude to us.
Stayed July 2014
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta