Well I had not been to Malta for years and my arrival was full of surprises.
Ideally located in the heart of St Julian's Bay - this hotel certainly lives up to its star rating as one would expect from the Inter Continental Brand.
I was fortunate to stay in a club room and therefore access to the Club Lounge and to be honest well worthy of any additional supplements for those who can afford or want it. Very well stocked, with constant fresh canapes served daily.. The roof terrace to enjoy a late night drink or breakfast with a relaxed and friendly service from all the staff. Mentioning the staff is important as throughout my 4 night stay I encountered smiling friendly faces with good levels of service. I recall one evening my turn down maid arriving and telling her that I did not need the service! Her reply was "but you need your chocolate later" and went straight and fetched it! Very amusing.
Facilities are excellent and with good dining options you will not be spoilt for choice.
Finally and I am very honest for group organiser's - conference and Incentive - this is without doubt a perfect hotel and venue and I have no issues in commending it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta